Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
True…..

….but damn, two different flight attendant friends, two different airlines, four acts of violence in….what, a month and a half (…not including what has occurred elsewhere)?!? Low probability still.
You know what, into the future the order of fix some mid-air problems would be to slap first every damn cell phone from the greedy sensational related crowd out of their hands and then get to others to help.
Man, Im so sick and tired about some passengers who must record and film every little thing. Last seen as a pax want to leave the aircraft midair and had tried to open one of the main doors which is impossible caused by the cabin pressure, but as they had brought him down with few people, others into the seat rows were pushing themselves aside to get the best spot for filming this instead of giving an additional hand. That sux.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 5
Murf99314114.00
cmyx6go15689.50
vreihen1615143.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
Buug95917178.50
      06-23-2021, 06:49 AM   #3588
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Soooooooooooo it's a giant government Ponzi scheme?
Quote:
Yep! Lol! Once you retire, you stop paying into the fund. Those still active are paying for you.
It is worse than a Ponzi scheme since you never actually contributed. It is a Ponzi scheme using other people's money. A tax payer funded Ponzi scheme.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      06-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #3589
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
You know what, into the future the order of fix some mid-air problems would be to slap first every damn cell phone from the greedy sensational related crowd out of their hands and then get to others to help.
I noticed that the menu in the airline app I installed a few weeks ago has the on-board photo/video policy listed above the in-flight food/beverage menu. As someone who does not partake or follow social media, I have to ask if society has really devolved to this level?????
      06-23-2021, 07:52 AM   #3590
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I noticed that the menu in the airline app I installed a few weeks ago has the on-board photo/video policy listed above the in-flight food/beverage menu. As someone who does not partake or follow social media, I have to ask if society has really devolved to this level?????
Its always a give-and-take of customers and branch. Every airline is glad for priceless advertising into social media, where the logos on seatrows, emergency charts, (...) are displayed and mentioned, no matter in which context onto first view.
On the flipside this could cause some serious backlash, when you are continiously in the headlines with more negative reports. You'll need years and years to build and keep your reputation upright and it could be crushed within seconds by a mistaken picture or comment. Welcome to the internet and its sidekicks.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15689.50
vreihen1615143.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      06-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #3591
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
It is worse than a Ponzi scheme since you never actually contributed. It is a Ponzi scheme using other people's money. A tax payer funded Ponzi scheme.
Come on, it's a TRAPAZOID, not a pyramid
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615143.50
Joekerr7929.00
      06-23-2021, 11:57 AM   #3592
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Come on, it's a TRAPAZOID, not a pyramid
Aside from the spelling error...not bad...not bad at all. I like it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 02:16 PM   #3593
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Soooooooooooo it's a giant government Ponzi scheme?
Quote:
Yep! Lol! Once you retire, you stop paying into the fund. Those still active are paying for you.

Well yes and no. I contribute 14% of my paycheck into the fund just like everybody else on my safety plan. I'm just contributing ahead. The people in plan B contribute(d) 11% and the people in plan A contribute(d) like 6 or 7%. The people who were hired after me contribute a higher percentage.

Oh, and here's that Southwest article….

https://www.9news.com/article/news/i...1-aa3a4897d19b
Appreciate 1
mahalom3163.00
      06-23-2021, 05:53 PM   #3594
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoidat69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoidat69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVA View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 3@50 is for law enforcement. Other Federal employees generally get 1.7% of highest salary (actually, average of the highest three years of salary) as pension.

As a former non-law enforcement Federal retiree, I'll just say that 3@50 is not enough for the law enforcement officers I worked with. It's hard to quantify putting your life on the line day in, day out.
Most federal employees get 1% per year worked x avg of high 3 (if you are 62 with atleast 25 years, your new multiplier is 1.1%). If you are a special category then you have a different multiplier or (s).. LEO or Executive branch and Dept of State or certain 3 letter non-Dept of Defense agencies pay different rates for length of overseas assignments.
Shit, here in CT the state cops rape the pension. My city transferred my pension under the state in other words we are in the pension as the state cops. They get 50% of their 3 highest years including OT. Most will load up the last 3 years making over 200k resulting in a 100k pension for 25 years of service. As a fireman we can't get that much overtime… hell we don't even get 1.5 when we work OT unless we are in FSLA. My base is 80k as a PVT and the most money I could make if I took every OT available would be 125k. You have state portal men make near 300k. The pension was not designed to double your retirement payout. Fiscally impossible to pay a trooper 100k after 25 years to sit home. I believe it should be capped and the figure take into account the number of years of service.
More people think that Feds clean up but it's certain states that have un sustainable pension systems.. The crappy thing is that people of my grandparents generation setup these systems to benefit themselves but I believe then knew it was a bad system.. my wife's grandmom worked for the state of IL for 17 years but got a full pension for 35 years. IL's state system is F'd.. Mechanics are paid almost above private sector and get a pension on top plus stacking OT..

We need to change the pension models I.e Cash Balance Pension or transition to heavy funded pension that equal to present day pension contributions..I.e if total employer pension contributions are 8% and 401k match is 4%… say something like you out 6% and we'll give 12%.. Then you have cost savings as some idiots won't put in enough to meet match and you don't have to guarantee returns..
Taking this in a different direction, cities towns, and states raid pension funds when the market has a good year. When pension funds under achieve another year they do not compensate for that and this is how pension funds in many municipalities become a liability and severely underfunded. This is always left out when the media informs the public about underfunded pension liabilities, blaming the unions, always controlling the narrative (cities ect are offering too much). In reality the private sector has done away with pensions only offering for 401K's which was never designed to be the main retirement account. The private sector salaries have also stagnated overtime while government jobs have always increased 2 to 3% a year. Big corporations did a great marketing job of placing blame for state and local governments fiscal woes on union workers, government employees. Meanwhile big Corp has slowly lowered salaries and benefits while making huge profits avoiding taxes. Pinning the working class against each other.

A small city next to mine has a pension fund that is triple of the amount needed to fill future liabilities. Police and fire are able to get low interest loans from their pension fund because it is so well funded. That pension fund has a clause that doesn't allow the city to take gains over what was projected that year. Police and fire can retire at 20 years with 75% of their salary or 25 years at 100% with medical for the employee and their spouse.
Sedan_Clan24980.50
Littlebear3509.50
      06-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #3595
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

So fucking true. California treats every fund - pension, maintenance, whatever - as a slush fund whenever they need cash, and then just go "hey last year's hike wasn't enough, we're still underfunded!"

And then people vote for yet another rate increase, toll increase, gas tax, etc. Even when the reasons for it never come to fruition due to incessant dipping by the representatives in Sacramento.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 3
Murf99314114.00
      06-24-2021, 09:00 PM   #3596
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CP6FW...dium=copy_link
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
ramman434712.00
      06-25-2021, 12:48 AM   #3597
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
So fucking true. California treats every fund - pension, maintenance, whatever - as a slush fund whenever they need cash, and then just go "hey last year's hike wasn't enough, we're still underfunded!"

And then people vote for yet another rate increase, toll increase, gas tax, etc. Even when the reasons for it never come to fruition due to incessant dipping by the representatives in Sacramento.
you cant take 50 million to balance your budget. when the recession hit in 2009 all you heard from the media was all these underfund liabilities. as the market recovered these stories went away. the problem was towns cities and states balanced their yearly budget shortfalls by raiding the pension funds and they got away with it for many years 1980-2000. during this time the markets gained about 15% a year average, those 2 decades for the USA saw unpresented growth not seen in human history, and like any compulsive gambler they thought it would never end. The chickens came home to roost.
      06-25-2021, 03:34 PM   #3598
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Cross-post from the LOL thread:

Quote:
I know this is the running stereotype but I still keep encountering it the other way around - I'll be cruising at like 85 in the fast lane and have 5 people riding my ass, with everything from an F350 to a Prius in line so I just move over and let them pass. People give 0 fucks about the speed limit around here it's nutty. Fast lane will be doing 90, #2 lane will be doing 75-80, #3 lane will still be doing 75-80, far right slow lane MIGHT be down to about 70. Maybe. If it's a 55 zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
At least your slower traffic keeps right. Here I think people think of the left lane as the texting lane so they only have another car on one side of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Make a couple trips a year to the Bay area and from my limited experience this is a perfect description of traffic heading up 101 toward Santa Rosa... Crazy but just as often I'm doing 5 mph!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
This is what I experience mostly, as well.

It happens so often, over the extended period of time I've been driving / riding now that I actually anticipate and expect a driver entering a 3-4 lane highway from the right entrance ramp, aggressively merge at close quarters (higher chance with no signal that actually indicating) across all lanes of traffic to get to the far left, passing or fast lane (whatever terminology you prefer) then as soon as they make it to their comfortable position in traffic... I end up having to pass on the right and notice the otherwise inexperienced, discourteous, oblivious or selfish driver (whatever terminology you prefer) either texting, talking on the phone, putting on makeup, eating, reading or tending to kids in the back seats... but I'm sure only having to worry about vehicles on the right makes them feel comfortable not actually driving.
Quote:
Bingo! I’m actually an asshole about it and do my best not to let them in front of me since I’ll only have to go around them anyway. But sometimes conditions don’t permit me to do so without being an asshole to someone else so I relent and then go around them.
Can you CHP bros maybe start a media campaign / enforcement campaign around CVC 21654? I swear it's never enforced and there's technically no specific speed limit at which it applies as far as I know. So even someone "speeding" doing 75 in a 65 could get cited if traffic is doing 80 and they're getting passed on the right. Also I'm 100% positive I'm not the only one who gets aggravated at the rolling roadblocks when people are doing 5 mph over the speed limit in the #1, #2, AND #3 lanes, all right next to each other so you can't pass.

And to be fair any time one of you gets spotted traffic does sorta slow down....to about 70-75. The only thing keeping traffic anywhere near the speed limit is....well....the traffic. Like, it's either 80 mph or 20 mph. Other than that if you do the speed limit you're getting ass-packed by a semi.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
cmyx6go15689.50
      06-25-2021, 03:42 PM   #3599
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Cross-post from the LOL thread:

Quote:
I know this is the running stereotype but I still keep encountering it the other way around - I'll be cruising at like 85 in the fast lane and have 5 people riding my ass, with everything from an F350 to a Prius in line so I just move over and let them pass. People give 0 fucks about the speed limit around here it's nutty. Fast lane will be doing 90, #2 lane will be doing 75-80, #3 lane will still be doing 75-80, far right slow lane MIGHT be down to about 70. Maybe. If it's a 55 zone.
Quote:
At least your slower traffic keeps right. Here I think people think of the left lane as the texting lane so they only have another car on one side of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Make a couple trips a year to the Bay area and from my limited experience this is a perfect description of traffic heading up 101 toward Santa Rosa... Crazy but just as often I'm doing 5 mph!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
This is what I experience mostly, as well.

It happens so often, over the extended period of time I've been driving / riding now that I actually anticipate and expect a driver entering a 3-4 lane highway from the right entrance ramp, aggressively merge at close quarters (higher chance with no signal that actually indicating) across all lanes of traffic to get to the far left, passing or fast lane (whatever terminology you prefer) then as soon as they make it to their comfortable position in traffic... I end up having to pass on the right and notice the otherwise inexperienced, discourteous, oblivious or selfish driver (whatever terminology you prefer) either texting, talking on the phone, putting on makeup, eating, reading or tending to kids in the back seats... but I'm sure only having to worry about vehicles on the right makes them feel comfortable not actually driving.
Quote:
Bingo! I'm actually an asshole about it and do my best not to let them in front of me since I'll only have to go around them anyway. But sometimes conditions don't permit me to do so without being an asshole to someone else so I relent and then go around them.
Can you CHP bros maybe start a media campaign / enforcement campaign around CVC 21654? I swear it's never enforced and there's technically no specific speed limit at which it applies as far as I know. So even someone "speeding" doing 75 in a 65 could get cited if traffic is doing 80 and they're getting passed on the right.

And to be fair any time one of you gets spotted traffic does sorta slow down....to about 70-75. The only thing keeping traffic anywhere near the speed limit is....well....the traffic. Like, it's either 80 mph or 20 mph. Other than that if you do the speed limit you're getting ass-packed by a semi.
I could put a word out, but many campaigns come from headquarters in Sacramento. Right now the CHP is dealing with an unprecedented spike in freeway shootings and fights on the freeway, so those things are taking priority. They aren't typically used to dealing with that type of crime.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #3600
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I could put a word out, but many campaigns come from headquarters in Sacramento. Right now the CHP is dealing with an unprecedented spike in freeway shootings and fights on the freeway, so those things are taking priority. They aren't typically used to dealing with that type of crime.
Fair enough, this is definitely #firstworldproblems vs more serious matters.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 06:12 PM   #3601
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

All the fights revolve around aholes not moving to the right :
      06-25-2021, 06:18 PM   #3602
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
All the fights revolve around aholes not moving to the right :
The issues are compounded by gang initiations, road rage issues, etc. The domestic violence occurrences on freeways have increased as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 06:24 PM   #3603
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

In addition, I just wanted to update you all on that unfortunate shooting between fire fighters about a month ago in L.A. County. The impetus for the shooting was over the maintenance of the fire engine. Apparently this had been brewing between the two firefighters over a two year period.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615143.50
      06-25-2021, 07:05 PM   #3604
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
In addition, I just wanted to update you all on that unfortunate shooting between fire fighters about a month ago in L.A. County. The impetus for the shooting was over the maintenance of the fire engine. Apparently this had been brewing between the two firefighters over a two year period.
Wait. What? Two hose jockeys got into a shootout? Missed that bit of news.

Just read the article. I guess the murderer had some long-simmering personal issues.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24980.50
vreihen1615143.50
      06-25-2021, 07:06 PM   #3605
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wait. What? Two hose jockeys got into a shootout? Missed that bit of news.
Yep! Shooter shot two of his partners; one was a Captain if I remember correctly. One of the firefighters died and then the shooter committed suicide and burned his home down.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615143.50
      06-25-2021, 07:25 PM   #3606
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
then the shooter burnt his house down then committed suicide..

FTFY...
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615143.50
      06-25-2021, 07:35 PM   #3607
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
[/I][/B]

FTFY...
Objection! Your honor, delayed ignition devices are simple and reliable.
Appreciate 3
Lady Jane70379.50
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      06-26-2021, 06:34 AM   #3608
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

saw this pop up in apple news and got reminded of what you have been saying for a while, Sedan_Clan
https://www.axios.com/police-officer...ac2f406f2.html
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50