Jafayz
Private
Rep
Drives: X45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafayz View Post
I did a pre-order on a iX 5.0 in Belgium beginning of august.
The 4.0 is expected here quicker (still this year).
1st 5.0 series in Belgium expected to arrive end of this year beginnin gof next year.
Mine was foreseen for march but due to semiconductor issues it is now foreseen for june.

Config: Full-option - Individual Storm Grey- 22"jet black wheels, interior suite Amido.

Quite curious to compare it with my current X5 45e
in US we don't have configurator up yet maybe in October

I used UK and Canada's configurators to get some idea and my build is similar to urs, still not sure about the external color either grey or white

as for 4.0 we won't be getting them at least in the fist pass

btw is the Amido leather? looks to be but I'm not too sure
Hi, Yes it is Leather!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 05:09 PM   #46
Jafayz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slampert View Post
No word from my dealer, though I have received a couple of BMWNA emails which reference the mid November timeframe to configure the car.
That's consistent with what we've heard about the launch of the online configurator.

I wonder how deliveries are progressing in Europe....?!?
Pre-ordered in july 21 and expecting to have it in june 22 . No update from my dealer yet
Ordered 5.0 version, dealer told me that these ones are later in the production queue… expexted to start production of the 5.0 end of
21 or january 22 ( in Germany plant)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 08:53 AM   #47
chadkoepf
Private
Rep
Drives: tesla 3

the crappy thing about the iX is the press materials and unveiling made it look kinda weird and futuristic looking, which turned me to the i4 which at least looked like a normal car. today the US "build your own" page was opened up, and I was able to easily build a regular looking SUV, and would probably have rather gone with the iX over the i4.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #48
Hansn
Private
Rep
Drives: E28 528i 1982 - G30 530e 2018

The configurator has been out for months in many EU countries.

I ordered i4 since the iX with all the stuff i would want is out of budget by 20-30k.

I saw the car today at my dealer, aventurine red iii with the red full leather. Looks very good in real life, i wont go with a stripped version i40 just to get it, but after seeing it i kinda wish i had the budget to get one with air suspension, full leather, 4wheel steering, pano roof etc.. 😄
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 09:33 AM   #49
MOTOP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i, 2018 Raptor

I'll order iX M60 when/if it comes out. LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 03:52 AM   #50
AidenL
Driving !
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 530e XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansn View Post
The configurator has been out for months in many EU countries.

I ordered i4 since the iX with all the stuff i would want is out of budget by 20-30k.

I saw the car today at my dealer, aventurine red iii with the red full leather. Looks very good in real life, i wont go with a stripped version i40 just to get it, but after seeing it i kinda wish i had the budget to get one with air suspension, full leather, 4wheel steering, pano roof etc.. 😄
I’m the same, I’d love the 50, but it would be 130k Euros here with a good spec.

The 40 would be 100k in a poverty spec.
      11-21-2021, 07:40 PM   #51
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Anyone else getting the i Blue seat belts?
I think it looks kinda cool with Oyster interior.
But then I think I would get a few "what? you paid a few hundred bucks for blue seat belts?"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 08:02 PM   #52
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Anyone else getting the i Blue seat belts?
I think it looks kinda cool with Oyster interior.
But then I think I would get a few "what? you paid a few hundred bucks for blue seat belts?"
We will likely get them too.
My wife is against the red leather. We saw it in person and I was hoping to it would change her mind, but nope. We wouldn't be able to get the blue belts with the red leather (it would look very odd anyway) but I am now looking at getting the Amido interior, blue exterior.
With this combo, I think the blue belts will look nice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 02:23 AM   #53
Alfredhslee
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 530e

I also pre-ordered an iX 50 and target for Q3, 2022 delivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 07:27 AM   #54
andygough
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I’m curious to see the variation in order date vs estimated delivery date. I almost pre-ordered back in the summer when the configurator first went up. I was being told back then, potentially optimistically, to expect December delivery, but I haven’t heard of anyone expecting their car to arrive in 2021.

Ended up waiting for a test drive and ordered in November and expecting delivery June 2022. It would be interesting to track other peoples experience to see if there is any discernible pattern.

Model: iX 40 M Sport
Order date: 13 November 2021
Estimated delivery: June 2022
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #55
Evrim
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygough View Post
I’m curious to see the variation in order date vs estimated delivery date. I almost pre-ordered back in the summer when the configurator first went up. I was being told back then, potentially optimistically, to expect December delivery, but I haven’t heard of anyone expecting their car to arrive in 2021.

Ended up waiting for a test drive and ordered in November and expecting delivery June 2022. It would be interesting to track other peoples experience to see if there is any discernible pattern.

Model: iX 40 M Sport
Order date: 13 November 2021
Estimated delivery: June 2022
Thank you for the information. It looks like a long delay.

I am based in Istanbul. Pre-ordered xdrive 40 on 11th October and final order was on 25th October. At that time I have been told that delivery would be around middle to end of December.

As per initial feedback it was supposed to be built by week 49. But due to workload, factory informed that build slots will be delayed to last week of December. Then our distributor asked to arrange it for build slot as first week of Jan, this will also make the cars 2022 built in that way.

As far as I know, there are several xdrive 40s already delivered in Turkey. As per the feedback, specifications are affecting the delivery dates. For example, mine has castanea interior which I heard as there are difficulties for supply of the same and creating delays, apart from chip issues. (B&W can be another example)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #56
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Here in the US, many preordered (including myself) months ago and expect to take deliver in about 5 years.
Appreciate 1
thereef5101164.00
      12-14-2021, 05:01 AM   #57
Jafayz
Private
Rep

Update (pre)order

I got an update from my dealer yesterday…
I ordered july 21 with delivery date june22
I was not assigned a production slot yet so I checked with my dealer. They said that Bmw Belux informed them that they "think " that my car Will be produced in 22 (so it might also be end of year - as I asked them )… going crazy…
Appreciate 0