Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #2355
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
@1MOREMOD works out at your gym??
Good call. I was gonna comment that it sounds normal to me.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #2356
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
@1MOREMOD works out at your gym??
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Good call. I was gonna comment that it sounds normal to me.
Lol! Probably is him
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 05:36 AM   #2357
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Don't know why it annoys me but it does. There's a guy at my gym. I see him on a regular basis. Has the worst form when working out. But unlike others who have terrible form, I guess he's blessed genetically that his overall physique is pretty good. Yet, I got to work twice as hard and don't see the physical gains this guy has with terrible form with all of his work outs.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #2358
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Don't know why it annoys me but it does. There's a guy at my gym. I see him on a regular basis. Has the worst form when working out. But unlike others who have terrible form, I guess he's blessed genetically that his overall physique is pretty good. Yet, I got to work twice as hard and don't see the physical gains this guy has with terrible form with all of his work outs.
There are usually one or two in every gym.

Plus you never know....he could be "supplementing" with something being sold out of the back of a GNC!
      05-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #2359
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Form is sometimes overrated as long as not causing injury and can focus on particular muscle. I go to sleep thinking about a bigger traps and wake up and they done grown?
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #2360
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Form is sometimes overrated as long as not causing injury and can focus on particular muscle. I go to sleep thinking about a bigger traps and wake up and they done grown?

True.....for the most part, you can look at someone and tell if they are stimulating the muscle.....or if they truly don't know what they are doing.

Traps are one of the most important groups to me. You can be completely dressed and covered up, but you can instantly tell someone who works out if they have good trap development! You can't hide them.

Sadly my shoulders overpower my traps as they grow easier.
      05-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #2361
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
LOL...dude hell pay in the long run(im sure hes not even aware of his shit form)

I used to be yolked but my right side tighented up and now right frozen shoulder and hypermobility in right leg....can I still bench 2245...yup am i doing it completely wrong and will prolly fuse my spine...yup

i have literally started curling 5 ld dumbells. so all you see is a cut ass muscular arm. curling 5 pounds. need to restabilze some movements
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5139.00
      05-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #2362
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
True.....for the most part, you can look at someone and tell if they are stimulating the muscle.....or if they truly don't know what they are doing.

Traps are one of the most important groups to me. You can be completely dressed and covered up, but you can instantly tell someone who works out if they have good trap development! You can't hide them.

Sadly my shoulders overpower my traps as they grow easier.
Apparently I'm off shrugs for a bit until my shoulder gets sorted out. I like doing them.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #2363
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

That sucks to hear man. Hopefully you get sorted out and be back in no time!

I'm sure you're in good hands!
      05-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #2364
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah no worries. My body gonna be confused by the new stuff all the time so should help. On side note my foot is feeling better after really getting calves released.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #2365
FlexGT85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

OH! What a nice thread for me to vent in… I actually work at my gym part time so there is plenty of shit that members do that annoys the hell out of me. I could write for days, but I’ll start off with a statement, people who run gyms work for the GYM, not for YOU. With that being said, RACK my f’ing weights and don’t DROP my f’ing weights. Nothing pisses me off more than people slamming weights, not racking weights or doing both. It’s crazy how many of these dudes don’t see a problem with racking 10 plates on a leg press and leaving after they are finished. If you cant rack your weights after a workout, don’t workout. Period. And cut the attitudes, seriously. For some people, I ask once, they apologize and they don’t do it again, but I also have the occasional smart asses that feel like they’re entitled to leave weights everywhere because “the staff is supposed to clean it up” NO. F-NO. I get snappy real quick and this goes back to the statement I made above. And then there’s the slamming… Really? Why do these guys feel the need to call attention to themselves with every rep? I understand that aggression and intensity are necessary sometimes, but after that last rep you don’t have to slam the weights. There is absolutely no need for that. And I’m sorry, but there is absolutely no reason you should be killing my plates while doing heavy deadlifts either. Yeah ok, sometimes you have to make noise, but there’s a limit and when the gym shakes and people turn to look over at you, you have gone past that limit. Maybe I’m speaking for myself, but when you are a fitness enthusiast and you work at a gym, you have a sense of ownership for that gym. Especially when the owners are like parents to you and the 3 other people they have running their gym and treat you all like family. I tighten all my dumbbells, I grease all my cable machines, I clean the bathrooms, etc. And it’s a shame when the members shit all over you, sometimes literally… I don’t know what the hell some of these dudes do when they use the toilet but if that shit don’t flush, don’t be a pu**y. Tell somebody. I’ll be more than happy to bring you the plunger so you can clean your own shit. Oh and let’s hear it for the dudes that use 105 – 120 lb dumbbells to do chest and leave them on the floor. Cant forget those guys, or the guys that rack 80’s where the 20’s are. The Last Minute Warriors… Actually this should have gone above. I’ve had many heated exchanges with douche bags that KNOW we close at a certain time, show up 30 minutes before we close and workout until somebody has to kick them out, only to ask asinine questions like “why aren’t you open 24 hours?” as they are leaving. You want LA Fitness or 24 Hours Fitness? Go there. This is a big boy weight pile not a corporate gym.

Honorable Mentions: (Don’t affect me directly but still annoying and or just hilarious)

- All the pretty Instagram girls that take an hour getting their outfits, makeup and hair ready to come workout legs.
- ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) You know who you are.

Rant over for now lol…

Current: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Appreciate 4
      05-10-2019, 06:41 PM   #2366
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
If you saw what this guy does for all the different muscle groups, you'd understand why I'm saying what I'm saying.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #2367
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexGT85 View Post
OH! What a nice thread for me to vent in… I actually work at my gym part time so there is plenty of shit that members do that annoys the hell out of me. I could write for days, but I’ll start off with a statement, people who run gyms work for the GYM, not for YOU. With that being said, RACK my f’ing weights and don’t DROP my f’ing weights. Nothing pisses me off more than people slamming weights, not racking weights or doing both. It’s crazy how many of these dudes don’t see a problem with racking 10 plates on a leg press and leaving after they are finished. If you cant rack your weights after a workout, don’t workout. Period. And cut the attitudes, seriously. For some people, I ask once, they apologize and they don’t do it again, but I also have the occasional smart asses that feel like they’re entitled to leave weights everywhere because “the staff is supposed to clean it up” NO. F-NO. I get snappy real quick and this goes back to the statement I made above. And then there’s the slamming… Really? Why do these guys feel the need to call attention to themselves with every rep? I understand that aggression and intensity are necessary sometimes, but after that last rep you don’t have to slam the weights. There is absolutely no need for that. And I’m sorry, but there is absolutely no reason you should be killing my plates while doing heavy deadlifts either. Yeah ok, sometimes you have to make noise, but there’s a limit and when the gym shakes and people turn to look over at you, you have gone past that limit. Maybe I’m speaking for myself, but when you are a fitness enthusiast and you work at a gym, you have a sense of ownership for that gym. Especially when the owners are like parents to you and the 3 other people they have running their gym and treat you all like family. I tighten all my dumbbells, I grease all my cable machines, I clean the bathrooms, etc. And it’s a shame when the members shit all over you, sometimes literally… I don’t know what the hell some of these dudes do when they use the toilet but if that shit don’t flush, don’t be a pu**y. Tell somebody. I’ll be more than happy to bring you the plunger so you can clean your own shit. Oh and let’s hear it for the dudes that use 105 – 120 lb dumbbells to do chest and leave them on the floor. Cant forget those guys, or the guys that rack 80’s where the 20’s are. The Last Minute Warriors… Actually this should have gone above. I’ve had many heated exchanges with douche bags that KNOW we close at a certain time, show up 30 minutes before we close and workout until somebody has to kick them out, only to ask asinine questions like “why aren’t you open 24 hours?” as they are leaving. You want LA Fitness or 24 Hours Fitness? Go there. This is a big boy weight pile not a corporate gym.

Honorable Mentions: (Don’t affect me directly but still annoying and or just hilarious)

- All the pretty Instagram girls that take an hour getting their outfits, makeup and hair ready to come workout legs.
- ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) You know who you are.

Rant over for now lol…
Or the idiots that can't count and rack the dumbbells in the wrong spot.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #2368
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

As far as the lat thing you gotta envision your goal so I walk around and pretend I'm jacked af for when I really am bro.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 03:47 AM   #2369
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I find it annoying that some of the biggest guys in the gym don't even lift heavy! this one guy is so freaking huge that I've never seen him bench heavy? he actually mind f'd me one time I was doing chest he sat on the bench next to me. as we progressed with weights on each set it he stopped at 175lb while I jumped to 225lb. he looked like he was struggling a bit but yet I was able to hit 10 reps. usually you keep adding weight right? well he starts removing weight. he's a regular so I kinda know how much weight this guy can push so it surprises me how a guy can get this big not lifting heavy?! crazy!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #2370
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I find it annoying that some of the biggest guys in the gym don't even lift heavy! this one guy is so freaking huge that I've never seen him bench heavy? he actually mind f'd me one time I was doing chest he sat on the bench next to me. as we progressed with weights on each set it he stopped at 175lb while I jumped to 225lb. he looked like he was struggling a bit but yet I was able to hit 10 reps. usually you keep adding weight right? well he starts removing weight. he's a regular so I kinda know how much weight this guy can push so it surprises me how a guy can get this big not lifting heavy?! crazy!
Sounds like he's been injured before and doesn't want to get injured again lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #2371
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
probably but we all know that it's hard to keep muscle mass unless you're not lifting heavy?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #2372
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
probably but we all know that it's hard to keep muscle mass unless you're not lifting heavy?
Eh. I'm by no means "huge", but my chest has definitely been the biggest it's ever been, and I never lift heavy, nor do I barbell bench. I typically do chest twice a week, and I do whatever max weight (that particular day) for 3 sets and 8-10 slowish reps.

I stopped chasing heavy lifts a while ago when I kept getting hurt, started focusing on form more than anything.
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #2373
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yep I've been lifting heavy for ever and look like peewee herman so trying the bodybuilding focus thing so I can turn into Cutler.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #2374
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can go lighter and work on volume....as long as there is some type of progression, there will be gains.

But it sounds like this guy isn't even doing that.

Then you have some guys that built their foundation with heavy weight years ago, and just in "maintain" mode indefinitely. We have one guy in my gym I've spoken of before. He's the dentist.

He never goes above 225 on bench, squat, etc. But he built a very solid base years ago, and now he stays within 15lbs of his bodyweight at that time just by stimulating the muscle. Lots of supersets and pre-exhaustion work. Couple that with some pretty good genetics, and he looks great.

As far as keeping muscle mass....I have found that the time I really need to focus on going heavy is when in a calorie deficit. If I'm eating at maintenance calories, I actually hold onto the muscle I have with minimal effort.

But I also have 20+ years of consistent grinding with the heavy stuff!
      05-12-2019, 12:01 PM   #2375
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

First post here, I recently started working out again after a 5 year “break”. One of the reasons I stopped going to the gym was because of the gym culture, was tired of getting stared at my bro’s and constantly sized up, I think things have gotten worse in 5 years!. I ended up putting some equipment in my house with every intention of working out but lost motivation and interest. So here I am back at the gym! Things that annoy me include people who carry oversized gym bags on the floor and don’t seem to even have a towel to wipe off their sweat! Seriously WTF! People who mark their territories with protein shakers and towels so they can take up multiple pieces of equipment at once when it’s busy! Any excessive body sprays/perfumes, no one wants to be huffing that shit when they’re lifting.
Broseph’s grunting/staring/“ILS”walking lol, that’s a good one.

Things I do enjoy, Instagram chicks wearing yoga pants. Watching creepy old men blatantly staring at insta chicks as I descend into creepiness with them. Watching brotatoe dudes stare at each other and themselves in the mirrors as I laugh to myself and mock their fragile ego’s. Pretending I’m above it all! Lol...
      05-14-2019, 07:30 AM   #2376
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
I'm annoyed at myself.

I have a huge gym crush. Like massive. Like it hurts to look at her because I can tell she's not one of those instahoes based on how she works out+dresses to the gym- and she's a fucking dork (I've creeped on her IG after she checked in to the gym and tagged herself in- shut up, all of us millennials + generation z have done it) it's beyond cute.

I saw her last night again, and like I just wish I had the balls to ask her out- except i don't want to be like every other dude and appear to be just looking to have sex. I don't even know her- and I get those butterflies you'd get in HS- and I'm hoping one day I'll stop being such a pussy and allow the word vomit to overcome me.

I'm annoyed that I'm such a pussy. And lord knows I will NOT message her on IG/ because that's just pathetic. I'd rather get rejected face to face than have her ignore my message.

Feel free to roast me now. /rant.