ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by translux View Post
Ear protection is a very wise move. I have permanent tinnitus as well as some high-frequency loss from my years of being a roadie, doing live sound, loud cars & bikes....
I'd highly recommend some earplugs from Etymotic. They provide equal attenuation of -20db up to 4kHz. So you can hear everything it's just quieter. I've only used the passive stuff so can't comment on the electronic active products.
https://www.etymotic.com/passive-hearing-protection/
I was looking for something exactly like this...Thank you so much. Stocking stuffers ordered!!!
      12-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Deftones in May. As long as this one doesn't get canceled too. Bought high dollar tickets for their past two shows in proximity and both were canceled. The last show in September got canceled due to them canceling their own show to play Bonaroo (I was pissed!) then they canceled Bonaroo (this mad me smile). We'll try again in May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Went and saw Big Head Todd and the Monsters last month in a tightly packed 2000 person indoor venue. Masks were required but not a soul wore them, not even the Kansas City police providing security.

I've been playing indoor volleyball, maskless, 3 days a week since October 2020. I did have COVID back in February (3 days felt tired, loss of smell for 9 days). I've played a ton of indoor volleyball since then, lots of restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. maskless. Still alive. Vaccinated back in September (company required in order to work in the office).

I'm seeing Tool on March. Can't wait.
Saw Big Head Todd a few years ago. Had one of my sales people tell me they just saw them a few weeks back in Nashville. Enjoy that Tool show! I saw them in Louisville almost 2 years ago now. They are the only band that I have seen that trumps KISS live. Whether a person likes progressive rock or not, their talent and timing are bar none. Danny and Justin are absolute demons on stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Sister Sweetly is an awesome album...had no idea these guys are around.

Tried to get to Tool twice now...first time, they sold out here in a few minutes, assuming robot buy and resell - which then the cost is not worth it. Still debating on if we're going when they're here in March. I've never seen them, but my wife and daughter have been to A Perfect Circle.
Pay the money to see Tool. When I saw them, we drove 4 hours and the trip cost close to $2k. Completely worth it. I've seen A Perfect Circle several times, it DOES NOT compare to Tool. I didn't want to pay the money either, but so completely worth it. It is a complete visual, audible & spiritual experience.

Last edited by King Rudi; 12-06-2021 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 3
ShopVac4020.00
ToddinTN504.00
DETRoadster11446.00
      12-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #25
VAcurler
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 F23 M240i MT + 09 e90 328i

+1 on the recommendation for ear protection. I wear Etymotic Research ER20XS to hockey games and can easily hear the person next to me while not losing my hearing
Appreciate 3
ShopVac4020.00
translux478.00
      12-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #26
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Pay the money to see Tool. When I saw them, we drove 4 hours and the trip cost close to $2k. Completely worth it. I've seen A Perfect Circle several times, it DOES NOT compare to Tool. I didn't want to pay the money either, but so completely worth it. It is a complete visual, audible & spiritual experience.
This probably belongs in the confession thread, but I've seen Tool once and I fell asleep during the show.

In my defense, we were in the nosebleed section of a big arena show. It was f'ing hot and stuffy up there. Like 80 degrees. it was about 10:00 PM and I had been drinking since about noon but stopped drinking when we got to the show so the buzz was wearing off and the tiredness was setting in. It was dark. The music was rhythmic, pulsing, and boom out I went. I remember maybe 1 or 2 songs and that was it. My ass-hat buddies just let me sleep through it. At leas they were kind enough to wake me up at the end instead of just leaving me for the janitors to mop up.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      12-08-2021, 06:38 PM   #27
DETRoadster
Rep

Just booked Foo Fighters tix for August!
Appreciate 3
ShopVac4020.00
hubbahubba8710.00
King Rudi13152.00
      12-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #28
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

No worries, or issues for me covid wise... I just attended Aftershock 2021 in October In Sacramento, 140,000+ people there. I'm not vac'ed, just had to get a negative covid test 3 days before.

I was there for the weekend show days, soooo many good bands there. Even some OG's, like Misfits, Metallica, Anthrax, Social Distortion, etc..
Appreciate 1
Buug95916833.50
      12-09-2021, 07:30 AM   #29
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
This probably belongs in the confession thread, but I've seen Tool once and I fell asleep during the show.

In my defense, we were in the nosebleed section of a big arena show. It was f'ing hot and stuffy up there. Like 80 degrees. it was about 10:00 PM and I had been drinking since about noon but stopped drinking when we got to the show so the buzz was wearing off and the tiredness was setting in. It was dark. The music was rhythmic, pulsing, and boom out I went. I remember maybe 1 or 2 songs and that was it. My ass-hat buddies just let me sleep through it. At leas they were kind enough to wake me up at the end instead of just leaving me for the janitors to mop up.
As much as this breaks my heart to hear, I can relate. I fell asleep at a rave at the International Ballroom in Atlanta while Electric Sky Church was on stage. Similar situation. My partying started long before we even left for the show. I woke up to the place being over taken by the police. An extremely interesting Sunday morning. Jesus I'm old. It just occurred to me, that place shut down 20 years ago.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      12-09-2021, 08:33 AM   #30
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
As much as this breaks my heart to hear, I can relate. I fell asleep at a rave at the International Ballroom in Atlanta while Electric Sky Church was on stage. Similar situation. My partying started long before we even left for the show. I woke up to the place being over taken by the police. An extremely interesting Sunday morning. Jesus I'm old. It just occurred to me, that place shut down 20 years ago.
Sometimes you just gotta sleep.

My wife was super excited to see a Cirque du Soliel show in Vegas years back. We booked tickets for the show "Ka" and it started pretty late. 10:00 PM maybe. Same night that we flew in from the East Coast so it's already like 1:00 AM body time. Ka was that show they had at the MGM grand where the performer died years back. I can totally see how/why. A massive wall, like 50+ feet high. With performers leaping from one foothold to the next as they scrambled up and down with mesmerizing speed. The whole soundtrack was a rhythmic tribal drum beat. As with the Tool concert it was warm, dark, and I was tired. Those beats man, they just put me out cold!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      12-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #31
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Since last year we've seen Dave Attell, Pablo Francisco, Brian Regan, Mark Normand, Jim Jefferies, and Mastodon live. We also saw Bert Kreischer but it was an outdoor thing at a drive-in, not packed into a tiny club.

We've still been going out to eat, went bar hopping on the finacee's birthday earlier this year and she even has an autoimmune disease.

We may go see Bob Saget in a few months since I've heard his standup is hilarious and raunchy as hell. And I'll probably break down and drive to Dallas to see Deftones again, saw them on the Gore tour and it was awesome. My lady hasn't seen them before and we both really like the new album, so it would be worth it.
Appreciate 1
ShopVac4020.00
      12-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #32
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Hoping to check out Alice Cooper in April, I hear it's a great show.
Will be nice to see a concert again.
Appreciate 1
ShopVac4020.00
      12-09-2021, 12:11 PM   #33
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah - that's a bucket list band...even one I'd consider travel to another city to see.
      12-09-2021, 12:32 PM   #34
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Friend just invited me to go see Rage Against the Machine in April. Tickets are like $400-$650 though...and it's in Oakland.

Not sure if I'm gonna go yet, but if we do I'm not driving my car...
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
ntg442887.50
ShopVac4020.00
      12-09-2021, 12:43 PM   #35
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Friend just invited me to go see Rage Against the Machine in April. Tickets are like $400-$650 though...and it's in Oakland.

Saw Rage with Wu-Tang many moons ago. It's awesome that they're playing with Run the Jewels. You know they'll play Close Your Eyes as an encore. There are way cheaper seats to that show.

Now that I'm 25 years older, back when Rage was one of my favorite bands, I tend to shy away from the political bullshit, which pretty much makes me not want to listen to them. A hardcore funk band like no other, but I don't have all that Rage anymore.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 12:43 PM   #36
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post

I can't imagine that show ending well haha. But that would be the experience of a lifetime.

As for me personally, I'm pretty much out for any show in the near future. Any band I'd want to see would be performing in Chicago proper, and I won't go anywhere near that place now. I refuse to spend a penny there after what the mayor let happen to such a beautiful city. Also, I don't feel like getting mugged or shot either. It used to be a funny joke but it isn't anymore.
      12-09-2021, 07:58 PM   #37
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Seeing them Feb 26 at the Innings Festival in Tempe to mark the opening day of Spring Training in Az. Never seen them before. While I am looking forward to the Foo, I am even more stoked to see the undercard. Billy Strings in the house.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      12-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #38
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Seeing them Feb 26 at the Innings Festival in Tempe to mark the opening day of Spring Training in Az. Never seen them before. While I am looking forward to the Foo, I am even more stoked to see the undercard. Billy Strings in the house.
That's my wife's birthday.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8710.00
      12-09-2021, 08:07 PM   #39
hubbahubba
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
That's my wife's birthday.
Nice! I'm taking my son, and we will hoist one to her!
Appreciate 1
Esteban42179.50
      12-09-2021, 08:09 PM   #40
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Nice! I'm taking my son, and we will hoist one to her!
Thank you.

Enjoy your favorite guitar player. That's cool.
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8710.00
      12-10-2021, 06:52 AM   #41
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
As for me personally, I'm pretty much out for any show in the near future. Any band I'd want to see would be performing in Chicago proper, and I won't go anywhere near that place now. I refuse to spend a penny there after what the mayor let happen to such a beautiful city. Also, I don't feel like getting mugged or shot either. It used to be a funny joke but it isn't anymore.
Sad that the city situation need to keep you locked up from events. Hopefully they will get this worked out...
      12-10-2021, 08:14 AM   #42
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
If I liked concerts I would, but I did "Risk My Life" driving to work today. Car accident happens every minute of every day, but I still brave the drive to work.

I'm a rebel.
      12-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #43
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

So, I went in to work for the first Saturday this year and jamming out....then I start thinking "hmmm, no one dies at shows like these, unless maybe someone OD's on exctasy"

Appreciate 3
Buug95916833.50
King Rudi13152.00
      12-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #44
calidude
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Saw Hall and Oates with Squeeze at the Hollywood Bowl in November and had to show vac card to get in, played well as they were fun live for some old school hits!
Appreciate 0