Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

12-06-2021, 09:16 AM   #45
BryanC84
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M Sport

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Just had a call from my dealership (Halliwell Jones).
I4 m50 will be in the showroom at Xmas.

Test drive booked for 29th.

My build date is May, with June delivery.
Appreciate 2
taitam67.00
4monks95.00
      12-12-2021, 06:12 PM   #46
rhaude
Rep
Drives: 2018 - F82 M4 Competition

Hello,

I wanted to get an I4 from BMW Parklane in Tax Free but i was told there is no discount on the car as it's only a preorder and it's not fully launched. Do you know when the discounts on the i4 m50 will be reviewed?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 02:47 AM   #47
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaude View Post
Hello,

I wanted to get an I4 from BMW Parklane in Tax Free but i was told there is no discount on the car as it's only a preorder and it's not fully launched. Do you know when the discounts on the i4 m50 will be reviewed?
I believe it may be quite a while. For now orders are outstripping production. So, why discount?… I doubt we will see any deposit contribution from BMW until they need to. They have recently put on extra shifts in the factory to meet demand…

Also, it's main present rivals are online only. So with the only other 'cars' presently as Tesla and Polestar being online only there are no dealers to haggle with…

As more electric 'cars' come through, complementing the early SUV's, then there will be choice and competition. The Mercedes EQE and upcoming VAG car will be strong showings.

Given present world issues, I feel it will be at least 2023 before any meaningful discounts are available. My present car was ordered in 2016 with an effective £10k discount. This car is now worth about £10k more than it should be as my trade in… Market forces…
      12-13-2021, 05:18 AM   #48
FBF01
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet0r View Post
I was quoted £28,589 after 48 months, 8000 miles per year, on an M50 with almost every option (including individual paint).
Willing to share the deal you obtained if PCP? If not, wont be offended

GONE: RS3 8V FL NARDO GREY STAGE 1
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #49
taitam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 X-Drive 2021

Just seen this.

Not sure how to embed video. Training issue!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qQOqgnjH2U

G 82 M4 X-Drive Aventurine Red III
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 03:33 AM   #50
Pet0r
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBF01 View Post
Willing to share the deal you obtained if PCP? If not, wont be offended
I got around a 2.5% discount if I recall correctly (without re-running the numbers).
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 11:56 AM   #51
taitam
Private First Class
Rep

I've seen the first test drive review posted on another forum, so they are starting to arrive. Just not at my dealer!

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #52
taitam
Private First Class
Rep

The BMW configurator in the UK has just been updated and it seems the chip issue is now impacting the i4. They are offering an Ultimate pack but I notice the reversing camera is no longer available and neither is Live Cockpit Plus.

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #53
zilla91
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Got a test drive booked for the 5th Jan. Sadly just the eDrive 40 not the m50 so I can't compare to the Model 3 Performance I tried out last week
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 02:22 AM   #54
4monks
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive MHT G20

After so much waiting, I had an i4 M50 test drive lined up before Xmas for 30 mins, but at the last minute, I couldn't make it, so I'm waiting for the M50 to return to them as it's touring the dealers
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 03:33 AM   #55
Seaford
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 840 M Sport Gran Coupe

I have a service due in April on my G20 and have enquired if I could have an i4 as a courtesy car as I am seriously interested in buying one…despite the dealer always being very good to me (I have bought three BMWs from them) the answer was essentially ‘no chance’ - their expectation is that it will be problematic meeting customer orders with ‘excess’ showroom/test vehicles simply not being available in the foreseeable future.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 11:37 AM   #56
BryanC84
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
I had an hours test drive of a UK Version of the i4 M50.

I went on A Roads, Motorways and B roads in a varied journey, involving speed humps and an uneven road.

The car itself had 66% Battery when I started, giving an indication of 174 miles.

The drive itself was smooth and refined, what i'd come to expect of BMW having owned various, most lately the G05 X5 45e.
Putting the car into Sport Boost and just accellerating, you feel it. You really feel it. It certainly nudged my wife into her seat.

The regen breaking in both D and B felt pretty much the same, only B brought us to a stop. D kept us rolling along.

I expected some issue with speed humps, not being as wide as the x5, ihowever t still glided over them without an issue.
Turning circle (having decided to go a different route) was reasonable and comparible with the 3, 5 and x5 (without integrated steering).

Noise in the cabin was minimal. We actually tried to listen to see if the car made any noise at low speed, but couldnt hear it.

I'm 6'4 and I was comfy, with my 7 year old behind me. When we stopped, i put myself behind my driving seat and with my legs spread, I was comfy, but my hair was touching the roof lining.. The only limitation I found would be if we had a sunroof.. it would most certainly be less room, meaning i'd have to crouch. I had no issue getting in or out.

I dropped the car off with 61%, but I cannot recall what mileage was left.

I also enjoyed the test drive that much, I took no photos.

Last edited by BryanC84; 12-29-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
zilla9155.00
      12-29-2021, 04:31 PM   #57
Kid_droid
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F32 428i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC84 View Post

I went on A Roads, Motorways and B roads in a varied journey, involving speed humps and an uneven road.

The car itself had 66% Battery when I started, giving an indication of 174 miles.

The drive itself was smooth and refined, what i'd come to expect of BMW having owned various, most lately the G05 X5 45e.
Putting the car into Sport Boost and just accellerating, you feel it. You really feel it. It certainly nudged my wife into her seat.

The regen breaking in both D and B felt pretty much the same, only B brought us to a stop. D kept us rolling along.

I expected some issue with speed humps, not being as wide as the x5, ihowever t still glided over them without an issue.
Turning circle (having decided to go a different route) was reasonable and comparible with the 3, 5 and x5 (without integrated steering).

Noise in the cabin was minimal. We actually tried to listen to see if the car made any noise at low speed, but couldnt hear it.

I'm 6'4 and I was comfy, with my 7 year old behind me. When we stopped, i put myself behind my driving seat and with my legs spread, I was comfy, but my hair was touching the roof lining.. The only limitation I found would be if we had a sunroof.. it would most certainly be less room, meaning i'd have to crouch. I had no issue getting in or out.

Did you test drive the vehicle yourself, I am due to test drive an I4 tomorrow, but omg I don't want a happy salesman driving with me. Or I might tell them shh and sit in the back.

How long were you given the car for?. Fingers crossed, I get at least 30 mins.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 05:41 PM   #58
BryanC84
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
It was me, my wife and my 2 children.
We had no salesperson with us and we had the car for about an hour.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 06:02 PM   #59
mrsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 520D MSport

Quote:

I’m impressed that you only used 5% in an hour! any idea how many miles you drove ? and do you know if it had 19” or 20” wheels ?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 07:05 PM   #60
BryanC84
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
The car had 20" wheels on.

I drove about 15 miles, but during that time, I was switching between comfort and sports boosy and not driving very conservatively.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 07:11 PM   #61
mrsmith
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 520D MSport

Quote:
The car had 20" wheels on.

I drove about 15 miles, but during that time, I was switching between comfort and sports boosy and not driving very conservatively.
5% for 15 miles would equal about 300miles for 100% which is higher than the claimed range .. not bad for mixed driving I would think, I know not a very accurate way to calculate but still it’s something
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 06:12 AM   #62
UKi4M50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30,E46,MB,VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by taitam View Post
The BMW configurator in the UK has just been updated and it seems the chip issue is now impacting the i4. They are offering an Ultimate pack but I notice the reversing camera is no longer available and neither is Live Cockpit Plus.
I also am in the UK and do not see any Ultimate Pack for the i4M50. update that you speak of on the BMW Configurator. As you say you can no longer select Live Cockpit Plus on the configurator but the i4M50 comes as standard with Live Cockpit Professional which is higher spec than Live Cockpit Plus.
Reversing camera is part of the standard spec (just downloaded the standard spec sheet. Rear Reversing camera is detailed as is Live Cockpit Professional) so not sure why you are saying it has gone.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 02:54 AM   #63
taitam
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKi4M50 View Post
I also am in the UK and do not see any Ultimate Pack for the i4M50. update that you speak of on the BMW Configurator. As you say you can no longer select Live Cockpit Plus on the configurator but the i4M50 comes as standard with Live Cockpit Professional which is higher spec than Live Cockpit Plus.
Reversing camera is part of the standard spec (just downloaded the standard spec sheet. Rear Reversing camera is detailed as is Live Cockpit Professional) so not sure why you are saying it has gone.
The website is very changeable at the moment but if you see the screenshot the reversing camera is not selected. When you try to select it you get the warning across the top

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 05:52 AM   #64
BryanC84
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
If you choose the Technology Pack, you get driving Parking Assistant Plus, which is 3d surround cameras.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #65
UKi4M50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30,E46,MB,VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by taitam View Post
The website is very changeable at the moment but if you see the screenshot the reversing camera is not selected. When you try to select it you get the warning across the top

Given that the standard spec for the i4M50 includes reversing camera and Live Cockpit Professional, this would be consistent with Live Cockpit Plus and Reversing camera options being unable to be added to the car spec due to product updates.
There is no way BMW could not include Live Cockpit Professional on the i4M50 as it is an inherent part of the curved infotainment screen/drivers display.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 02:45 AM   #66
Adeyo
Private
Rep
Drives: i4 e40 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKi4M50 View Post
I am the same - didn't see them remove rear reversing camera for any of the specs.
Appreciate 0