BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

08-15-2015, 09:48 PM   #45
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
I think you're making a mountain out of a mothball.
Appreciate 7
      08-15-2015, 09:51 PM   #46
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by m235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Look, this is the OT forum. We have talked about a lot of crazy stuff here for years.

Plus, I think I already admitted I was over dramatic.

Are you really going to hang me for tossing up a dramatic title on this OT forum?

Things have changed. This place used to be fun.
When you drama queen everyone with "Puppy Murderer", how is that supposed to be fun? Seems to me you expected people to agree with you that your neighbor is bad/wrong and you are good/right. It's not fun now because people are "dumping" on you.

You as the dogs owner are responsible for its actions in other peoples property. It's going to be hard to resolve this problem with your neighbor until you accept this responsibility.
Lol, you're really taking this way too seriously.

Because I disclosed a very minor incident you have to assert through implication that I am not responsible or I somehow don't understand that my dogs actions are my responsibility.

That's just an ad-homonym attack which serves no real purpose other than to be inflammatory and increase the drama---the same thing you're accusing me of doing.

Lol!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #47
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m235i View Post
When you drama queen everyone with "Puppy Murderer", how is that supposed to be fun? Seems to me you expected people to agree with you that your neighbor is bad/wrong and you are good/right. It's not fun now because people are "dumping" on you.

You as the dogs owner are responsible for its actions in other peoples property. It's going to be hard to resolve this problem with your neighbor until you accept this responsibility.
I have large dogs...90-140 lb range. I also have property that is fenced so my dogs remain on my property, but more importantly - other animal cannot come into my yard...

Good fences make GREAT neighbors...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 2
      08-15-2015, 10:15 PM   #48
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by m235i View Post

I have large dogs...90-140 lb range. I also have property that is fenced so my dogs remain on my property, but more importantly - other animal cannot come into my yard...

Good fences make GREAT neighbors...
This is the best advice so far.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 10:19 PM   #49
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn
Quote:
Did you ever have a golden retriever? They are 70 lbs of muscle.

The dog sniffed and bit the lawn while on a leash. Isn't there any Golden owners here that can back me up?

To me, that just a very minor incident that only happened once. I don't know why you find the need to judge me and my dog here. I think the really egregious thing here is putting poison where dogs pee.

I am not a freaking dog whisperer. Just a dude with a nice dog on a leash.
Coincidentally, mine is a golder retriever, and just turned 15 months. Are you saying that yours has the ability to scoop up large portions of lawn in a second? That would be something...
Where did I say my puppy ate large portions of my neighbor's lawn?

My neighbor has a beautiful lawn. He saw my dog take a bite out of his grass and he got angry. There were no physical damages.

My neighbor appeared to be more angry with my dogs actions rather than any damage.

Larry, you're having us all believe that your 15 month old golden never steps out line, never let's loose, never goes a little crazy---even for a minute?
You your dog is guilty of taking a bite out your neighbours grass...this case is cut and dry.
For all you know that grass is this mans life........he has every right to keep your dog off it....even by deadly force...........

Kidding.....just keep your dog away from it and move on with life.....geez.
Seriously, some people see it that way.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #50
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
I am not an attorney, but here's my advice as a layperson:

OK, I'm going to step away from the trolling and vindictive posts (when I'm usually the one doing those things ) and say things matter-of-factly.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and always wanted to raise one (or several); I'm usually the one seen playing with the pets at gatherings, or I spoil a buddy's dog so rotten he usually hangs out with me when I come over... Just wish my family didn't keep getting cats or I can finally buy another house and get a German Shepherd so that I don't have to vicariously know what it's like to have a dog .

Anyway, it sucks what the neighbors are doing, but unfortunately they are free to place anything onto their private as long as it's not explicitly against the law; plant mothballs, pesticides, deterrents, distasteful yet PG-13 art, Nazi swastika (sadly though representative of racism, the symbol is neutral in the eyes of the law), ugly wife... The only way anything on their property is illegal is if they have landmines (illegal for civilian ownership), agent orange, DEET, mustard gas, (banned substances), racist slogans, hazardous waste, etc. and even then it's because of the illegal nature of the item itself, but the fact that it's there to defend their house or to display their arguably fucked-up viewpoints is not.

With that, even though it sucks what he's doing and taking advantage of the impulsiveness of dogs, which doesn't have a developed sense of self-control like humans, there's nothing you can really do unless something happens.

The only way he would be breaking any laws is if he were to trespass and plant them on your property, or if it's placed smack dab on the property line where you can argue that it's neither his or your property, or common area (e.g. if your lawns don't have a fence between them) where it's public property and puts other pets are at risk.

Even if heaven forbid, your dog impulsively runs onto his lawn and chomps down on a mothball and gets sick or even dies, it's not a criminal matter, and if you meet a real dick of a judge or even cop, they either won't care even or hold some sort of charge against you for your dog to enter someone's property... The only time you can prosecute against your neighbor? Sue him, but you have to prove to the judge beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did so with malicious intent, which works even better if you have consulted him and are willing and able to prove that he planted mothballs specifically for your dog.

My advice? Try reasoning with him. If he doesn't want to compromise, at least you can show on record that you tried. If he doesn't and you are really adamant about covering your ass, write him in certified mail/return receipt proving that you have tried to resolve this matter peacefully. However, he may get into hot water if the places he planted them on are outside of his property line.

Source: Had an asshole neighbor that my family had to eventually file a restraining order against.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 11:34 PM   #51
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

Because I disclosed a very minor incident you have to assert through implication that I am not responsible or I somehow don't understand that my dogs actions are my responsibility.

That's just an ad-homonym attack which serves no real purpose other than to be inflammatory and increase the drama---the same thing you're accusing me of doing.

Lol!
lol, Read your response to peoples comments, that is not a person who has accepted responsibility. It is not my fault that is the way you are perceived that is all you, you own that....

Like I said before, you just don't like the fact that people think you are wrong. You tried to present your neighbor as the villain in this situation but you have already shown that you are a bit of a drama queen that is prone to exaggeration. Because of this, the "facts" as you present it are in question. i.e. There is more to this situation than is being presented.

I think you just need to accept the fact that the world does not revolve around your self serving view. Just grow-up and find a solution for your dog
and not waste time with your immature "who's wrong" post. Do you want to be right or keep your dog safe?

I'm also confused, what was your purpose for starting this thread? fun? Based on the fact that you responded with "Lol, you're really taking this way too seriously. " and "Things have changed. This place used to be fun."

I guess Puppy Murder is a fun topic for you....

Last edited by M2BMW; 08-16-2015 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2015, 11:56 PM   #52
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Don't mess with my dog or you get dealt with.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2015, 12:05 AM   #53
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
OK, I'm going to step away from the trolling and vindictive posts (when I'm usually the one doing those things ) and say things matter-of-factly.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and always wanted to raise one (or several); I'm usually the one seen playing with the pets at gatherings, or I spoil a buddy's dog so rotten he usually hangs out with me when I come over... Just wish my family didn't keep getting cats or I can finally buy another house and get a German Shepherd so that I don't have to vicariously know what it's like to have a dog .

Anyway, it sucks what the neighbors are doing, but unfortunately they are free to place anything onto their private as long as it's not explicitly against the law; plant mothballs, pesticides, deterrents, distasteful yet PG-13 art, Nazi swastika (sadly though representative of racism, the symbol is neutral in the eyes of the law), ugly wife... The only way anything on their property is illegal is if they have landmines (illegal for civilian ownership), agent orange, DEET, mustard gas, (banned substances), racist slogans, hazardous waste, etc. and even then it's because of the illegal nature of the item itself, but the fact that it's there to defend their house or to display their arguably fucked-up viewpoints is not.

With that, even though it sucks what he's doing and taking advantage of the impulsiveness of dogs, which doesn't have a developed sense of self-control like humans, there's nothing you can really do unless something happens.

The only way he would be breaking any laws is if he were to trespass and plant them on your property, or if it's placed smack dab on the property line where you can argue that it's neither his or your property, or common area (e.g. if your lawns don't have a fence between them) where it's public property and puts other pets are at risk.

Even if heaven forbid, your dog impulsively runs onto his lawn and chomps down on a mothball and gets sick or even dies, it's not a criminal matter, and if you meet a real dick of a judge or even cop, they either won't care even or hold some sort of charge against you for your dog to enter someone's property... The only time you can prosecute against your neighbor? Sue him, but you have to prove to the judge beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did so with malicious intent, which works even better if you have consulted him and are willing and able to prove that he planted mothballs specifically for your dog.

My advice? Try reasoning with him. If he doesn't want to compromise, at least you can show on record that you tried. If he doesn't and you are really adamant about covering your ass, write him in certified mail/return receipt proving that you have tried to resolve this matter peacefully. However, he may get into hot water if the places he planted them on are outside of his property line.

Source: Had an asshole neighbor that my family had to eventually file a restraining order against.
At this point however, the opportunity to establish a respectful rapport with the neighbor is likely not an option due to the events that have lead to OP's comments.

I have ALWAYS had a fence for my animals, and taken great care to keep them off others property, or leashed when in public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 12:11 AM   #54
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Sweep the neighbor's leg - body bag. You have a problem with that?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #55
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Lol!
lol, Read your response to peoples comments, that is not a person who has accepted responsibility. It is not my fault that is the way you are perceived that is all you, you own that....

Like I said before, you just don't like the fact that people think you are wrong. You tried to present your neighbor as the villain in this situation but you have already shown that you are a bit of a drama queen that is prone to exaggeration. Because of this, the "facts" as you present it are in question. i.e. There is more to this situation than is being presented.

I think you just need to accept the fact that the world does not revolve around your self serving view. Just grow-up and find a solution for your dog
and not waste time with your immature "who's wrong" post. Do you want to be right or keep your dog safe?

I'm also confused, what was your purpose for starting this thread? fun? Based on the fact that you responded with "Lol, you're really taking this way too seriously. " and "Things have changed. This place used to be fun."

I guess Puppy Murder is a fun topic for you....
First, I labeled myself as overly dramatic. So, I think it's clear that I accept responsibility for that.

Second, I solicited advice. I was not asking for agreement.

Third, what is your problem? You are deliberately misconstruing my post every way possible.

Fourth, the "fun" I referred to was meant to say, at one time, you could raise any issue on this OT forum, even with a silly title, and most would have a good time kicking the can down the road.

But, you especially mr 2, have taken a mean spirited approach to undermine my post any way you can.

In short, you're a bully.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #56
ASBSECU E93
Rep

He's not a bully - simply stating an opinion opposed to yours.

At the end of the day - it is your 100% responsibility to control your dog(s) every time you leave the boundaries of your property.

It is literally that simple, regardless of what others do on their private property.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #57
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:

I have to tell you, I have a real problem walking in to an animal hospital and seeing all of the same life saving machines you find in your human emergency room. Until every last human suffering has been abolished, then and only then should we spend tens of thousands of dollars on medical equipment for animals.

Says the guy driving a bmw. If this it's truly an issue for you, why'd you waste your money on a bmw vs old shitty honda and use the money to help out people? Get off your high horse, control your dog, and stop worrying about what people do on their property.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #58
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
First, I labeled myself as overly dramatic. So, I think it's clear that I accept responsibility for that.

Third, what is your problem? You are deliberately misconstruing my post every way possible.

Fourth, the "fun" I referred to was meant to say, at one time, you could raise any issue on this OT forum, even with a silly title, and most would have a good time kicking the can down the road.

But, you especially mr 2, have taken a mean spirited approach to undermine my post any way you can.

Classic, As usual it is someone else's fault, they are the villain and you accept no responsibility for your actions. Hmmm this sounds similar to a situation with a dog ....
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:10 PM   #59
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87
Quote:

I have to tell you, I have a real problem walking in to an animal hospital and seeing all of the same life saving machines you find in your human emergency room. Until every last human suffering has been abolished, then and only then should we spend tens of thousands of dollars on medical equipment for animals.

Says the guy driving a bmw. If this it's truly an issue for you, why'd you waste your money on a bmw vs old shitty honda and use the money to help out people? Get off your high horse, control your dog, and stop worrying about what people do on their property.
Wait a minute, I already admitted I was a hypocrite.

What more do you want.

It bothered me to see us spend more money saving animals than humans.

I also admitted I would probably consider using that life saving equipment on my dog.

How is that being on my high horse?

Isn't that the opposite of being on my high horse?

If you're going to take a shot at me, at least read my post and get your facts straight. Is that too much to ask?

Again, with the ad homonym attacks on me. How do you know I don't donate my time to worthy causes and contribute financially the best I can?

This really gets me rattled when people shoot darts without even reading what was said. I hope that never happens to you because it really sucks.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #60
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
He's not a bully - simply stating an opinion opposed to yours.

At the end of the day - it is your 100% responsibility to control your dog(s) every time you leave the boundaries of your property.

It is literally that simple, regardless of what others do on their private property.
I agree with you that I am responsible for every action my dog takes.

I am really sorry I raised this issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #61
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Classic, As usual it is someone else's fault, they are the villain and you accept no responsibility for your actions. Hmmm this sounds similar to a situation with a dog ....
I accept "no" responsibility for my actions? That's funny since the very first line you quoted in your post says i accept responsibility. Or, are you using a different definition of "no responsibility?"
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #62
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Is your neighbor Chinese? Maybe he/she is just hungry.
Its the South Korean who eats cats/dogs, not Chinese LOL
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #63
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

LOL at letting another man yell at your wife.

Looks like the dog is the alpha in your family and you are the beta. No wonder the dog thinks it can do whatever it wants.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #64
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

okay I think he gets the point. please everyone put your golf clubs back in the bags, tee off time is over.
      08-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #65
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
okay I think he gets the point. please everyone put your golf clubs back in the bags, tee off time is over.
Why don't you close the thread then?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #66
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Schaeffer BMW
LOL at letting another man yell at your wife.

Looks like the dog is the alpha in your family and you are the beta. No wonder the dog thinks it can do whatever it wants.
How do I control that when I am not present? She was walking the dog alone.

Are you for real Macho Man?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread