Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-25-2018, 05:58 AM   #23
Kooch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Sakhir Orange 6MT

Also another example of the victim syndrome. I was drunk and then came to, I can't believe that happened, I'm not responsible... vs we got shitty and did stupid things, it was a dumb thing to do. I should not have done that. Unfortunately all too common of a trend these days. People not acting in a manner that shows they understand possible outcomes and impacts, then when things go sideways, they are a victim.
Appreciate 3
Maynard3846.50
Torgus3781.50
      10-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #24
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Exactly. Not like she never got drunk before to know what it could do to her. S'b puts s/t in your drink it's a different story. This seems to be an American affliction to blame the substance - in the rest of the civilized (whole?) world, they figure that if you take s/t that will render you an ass, you brought it on yourself. It also brings back a hilarious rap BB King used to do before one of his songs about trying to get off from his wife's anger "but honeeeey, you know I was high....BAM!"
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 07:15 AM   #25
scotty91ss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M5, '15 X5M,'91Chev454ss

Soon its going to be...
"I didn't mean to do that, but I had some cannibus"
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 07:51 AM   #26
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I would bet 50k USD cash money makes that video disappear real fast.
Considering the article says prison time AND/OR (which means maybe OR) a fine of approx. $30,000 USD...yeah. I'd say $50K USD "cash money" (which is a saying I hate) would make it go away real fast. And hopefully you'd feel real stupid too afterwards, realizing you could have paid $20K USD less in fines. I suspect they'd prefer the money over keeping you in prison, so if you're going to bribe someone, why would you pay more than what you'd have to pay the authorities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, SON.
Yes...but just think, if she spends 10 years in a Thai jail, think how slim she'll be when she gets out. It would be like a weight watchers program on steroids.

Frick, this could be a business idea. For all those fat Canadians and Americans who lack the willpower to do something about their weight, I could offer this program (without, of course, really going into the details with them - just a guarantee they'll lose weight). Pay me $7K, I'll arrange the flight to Thailand (although they might get a little suspicious of it being a one way ticket instead of round trip), even buy a can of spray paint, and tell them to start spraying the next monument they see.

Call the Thai police, show them the video I took of them doing said act, then tell the customer I'm going to tell their family and get funds to get them out of prison, and just leave them there for 10 years. 100% they'd lose a ton of weight.

This is a great idea. Where are the entrepreneurs on this board? The idea needs a little polish, but the bare bones are there.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #27
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

..and she cant blame the alcohol
please
even when puking drunk I know the consequences of actions
may not quite care at that point
but you perform the action
you do the reparation
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #28
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Considering the article says prison time AND/OR (which means maybe OR) a fine of approx. $30,000 USD...yeah. I'd say $50K USD "cash money" (which is a saying I hate) would make it go away real fast. And hopefully you'd feel real stupid too afterwards, realizing you could have paid $20K USD less in fines. I suspect they'd prefer the money over keeping you in prison, so if you're going to bribe someone, why would you pay more than what you'd have to pay the authorities?
"for which a person can be penalized with up to 10 years in prison and a fine of one million baht($40,000)"

Here is 50k cash, under the table to get my kid out of your shitty jail for 10 years.

My guess, like most 1st time offenders, is she would get a few years of jail time and less than the 40k USD. It would be rare to get max sentence for a 1st time offender who did a very small amount of graffiti.

So the 50k should take care of all jail and all payments.

This is a dumb discussion. She is an idiot. Hopefully we find out what she gets sentenced with. I guarantee she will lose some weight.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #29
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
"for which a person can be penalized with up to 10 years in prison and a fine of one million baht($40,000)"

Here is 50k cash, under the table to get my kid out of your shitty jail for 10 years.

My guess, like most 1st time offenders, is she would get a few years of jail time and less than the 40k USD. It would be rare to get max sentence for a 1st time offender who did a very small amount of graffiti.

So the 50k should take care of all jail and all payments.

This is a dumb discussion. She is an idiot. Hopefully we find out what she gets sentenced with. I guarantee she will lose some weight.

Well, while I understand the article mentioned the possibility of both time and fine, it also said And / or, implying there might be an option. That's all I'm saying - and I'm betting they'd far prefer to get some money rather than pay money out for her housing and food for the next 10 years. At least I would if I were them.

And further, that news source is Canadian, so the $40K was in play money. Translated to USD, it is basically $30K as I mentioned.

But overall, yes, completely agree, she is an idiot. But as a betting man, I do not think she'll be sentenced if she can pay the fine. I think it will be one or the other.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      10-25-2018, 05:21 PM   #30
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Well, while I understand the article mentioned the possibility of both time and fine, it also said And / or, implying there might be an option. That's all I'm saying - and I'm betting they'd far prefer to get some money rather than pay money out for her housing and food for the next 10 years.
They should choose time and fine then: they can make her work, make profit! There's been a movie "Brokedown Palace". It's not exactly clear what prisoners do there all day long though: dig an escape passage? It can be just the time to conquer Thailand, bring their prisons down and their monuments too.
Appreciate 0