BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

07-15-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
onbypass
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3

AUTO switch from READY to RADIO READY

HI!!!!
I test drove an i3 today, and I think I discovered a battery saving feature, that could be an issue for me!

Sometimes, we go to the store, and I run in while my wife waits in the car. Being that it's summer (or winter), I don't want her to be uncomfortably.
Anyway.....we had parked it, and just put it in park. After 10 minutes, we noticed that the A/C had turned off and it was in RADIO mode and not READY mode.

Any thoughts on how to solve it? I guess she could sit in the driver seat with the seatbelt on?

Also......I noticed a little "dashboard glare" from the recycled parts. Any way to alleviate that??

On the bright side.....I LOVED THE CAR!!!! Looks like a cool little brother for my X3!!!

THANKS!

Mark
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 05:24 PM   #2
arijaycomet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Mark, if you actually turn OFF the car, you will be prompted on the infotainment screen to run the HVAC system (to keep it going). Although I believe this is a preset 72F by default (and cannot be changed, without coding) — this is one option. In that instance you can even lock the car if you want. I’m not confident if the radio can be turned back on in this scenario, though, sorry. (EDIT: If memory serves me right the climate “keep on” feature runs for 30m, but someone else might want to confirm this?)

As for the glare, it really isn’t all that bad. I’ve noticed it a few times, but typically when it is very sunny I’m wearing my sunglasses, which are polarized, so the glare is minimal. There may be something more matte you could spray on it, but I’d be hesitant to do anything these (and how that might react to heat, too)

Last edited by arijaycomet; 07-15-2020 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: Duration notes
Appreciate 0