BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

07-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
digitalfm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

New i8 - Super deal

Next week I pick up my brand new i8. I can not wait

The car came into the showroom unregistered in Feb. They locked it up during lockdown, and brought it out again in July where the dealer registered the car.

I’ve picked it up for £70k a day after it went on sale. 26 miles on the clock.

I’m genuinely stunned I’ve got a July 2020 i8 for this price.

I don’t know whether to jump for joy or be concerned. Seems too good to be true!

Do you think this is a post lock down price and I’ve just been extremely lucky, or are they almost giving away last few new i8‘s just to get rid of them?
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      07-31-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

Looks great. I saw this listed at £72? White one? Brilliant deal, I've just picked up a Grey with frosted accents, Nov 18 with 3,000 for £60k.

Your deal is amazing. I would have gone for it had it been in the right colour that I wanted, but everything is currently is Grey on Black leather or White with black leather, whereas I wanted Grey with Brown or Ivory (and it seems like you can't get this for love or money).
If it was the right colour combo, that was a steal!

There were only 119 UK LCI's it seems. About 20 have sold recently from BMW Park Lane (ex management). There can't be that many in the exact colour combo that you want if you're picky. If you see the one that you like, go for it. I definitely paid over the odds for mine as I wanted that combo and it's unlikely there's be an LCI with that colour combo, that young or with that few miles ever again.

There's not many to choose from! £70k is a bargain either way.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 05:51 PM   #3
digitalfm
Registered
Rep

Yep, that’s the one

To be honest an all black interior would have been my preference as I’m a bit unadventurous when it comes to interiors, but the Dalbergia tan and cream is still nice, and I think I’ll love it once I get used to it.

Thanks for the comments, I feel a bit more reassured now. Can’t wait to pick it up now
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 01:43 AM   #4
re66ell
Rep
Drives: I8

Congrats on your new i8 s, you won’t be disappointed with them.

I collected my I8 lci yesterday and am well impressed with it especially the 35 mls battery range on a full charge. Double what I was getting on my pre lci i8.

It’s just what I was after in white with the brown and cream leather.

However, while on the hunt I did find there are not many up for sale with this combo and that lci versions are not hanging around for long as dealer stock.

I narrowed down my search to two cars the one I bought and another with black leather and carbon.

The upgraded Factory Nav and carplay are a nice touch but do miss the bonnet scoop of the pre lci i8.

Keep us posted on how you get on with ownership and photos please.

Here’s photos of my new German mistress
Attached Images

Last edited by re66ell; 08-01-2020 at 04:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      08-01-2020, 02:49 AM   #5
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

I agree, knowing full well that there were only a handful of LCIs, and that a large number of them were ex-manager/demo cars that have now been sold by Parklane after the 12 month lease has gone up, it makes them difficult to buy as there's hardly any left!

I settled for a slightly older example than I would have wanted, which relatively cost quite a bit more than newer/better specced models as I wanted that exact colour combination. There were July 19 models on sale with laser lights for only a little more than my Nov 18 model with no laser lights - but I'm not keen on blue highlights, I wanted frosted, and I didn't want black leather. And I know it's close to impossible/disproportionately costly to change interiors later so I ended up just sucking it up and going for the combination that I wanted and paying for it.

I also paid up with the fear that this combination may not pop up in the next year again (although I'm sure I won't be happy if it does!) but it's all mind games at this point when production has stopped and with such limited numbers.

Metallic white seems common, as does black leather. I've only seen one LCI with ivory leather, (Sophisto Grey with Frosted) which was listed at £5,000 more than my Sophisto Grey with Halo/Brown interior.

I've not been watching for the longest time but for about 6-8 weeks now and knowing that there are minimal numbers ever sold, I think there will only be a slow trickle of ex-lease cars coming up for sale from now (but who leased LCI's apart from management in 2019? I'm not sure) or if they were bought by individuals then I imagine they'll hold on for at least several years before selling so hardly any LCIs. So in my mind the time window to get a nearly new example is literally now, we've all bought at the right moment.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #6
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Great deals!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 05:16 AM   #7
digitalfm
Registered
Rep

re66ell, she's a beauty! I like the wheels.

Colour wise, pretty much identical to mine.

Here's some photo's of what i'm collecting tomorrow. I only realised at the weekend it has the carbon pack inside. Nice little surpised for me

I've not actually seen the car yet, although the dealer did a good walk round video for me. Given it's new I don't need to worry about the condition not being A1.

I went and looked at one last weekend up for £69k, and it was a mess. One back wheel had been kerbed and repaired badly (grinded down rather than recut) and tire tarnished, and the other wheel still kerbed. The dealer had no interest in dropping the price as a result, so I walked away. I'm so glad I did! The irony being it's now down to £68k.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:01 AM   #8
re66ell
Rep
Drives: I8

Digitalfm that’s very nice and a new one at that you won’t be disappointed with it.
Which dealer is it from and make sure they don’t rush the handover.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #9
Michael S.
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, 650M sport, 230i, DB9

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfm View Post
Next week I pick up my brand new i8. I can not wait

The car came into the showroom unregistered in Feb. They locked it up during lockdown, and brought it out again in July where the dealer registered the car.

I’ve picked it up for £70k a day after it went on sale. 26 miles on the clock.

I’m genuinely stunned I’ve got a July 2020 i8 for this price.

I don’t know whether to jump for joy or be concerned. Seems too good to be true!

Do you think this is a post lock down price and I’ve just been extremely lucky, or are they almost giving away last few new i8‘s just to get rid of them?
Great deals!!! And congrats!!! to you both.

So does this mean our beloved i8 prices are heading south??? what's the consensus?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #10
chris_1M
Private First Class
Rep

The i8 LCI coupe is much of the same as the pre-LCI.
The roadster (3884 built) has better potential, although it won't pay for my retirement as I'm married ;-)

https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/06/29/b...nRO9mcxEVQCs1Y
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 10:36 AM   #11
Pheath217
Rep
Drives: Land Rover Disco, BMW i3, I8

Quote:
re66ell, she's a beauty! I like the wheels.

Colour wise, pretty much identical to mine.

Here's some photo's of what i'm collecting tomorrow. I only realised at the weekend it has the carbon pack inside. Nice little surpised for me

I've not actually seen the car yet, although the dealer did a good walk round video for me. Given it's new I don't need to worry about the condition not being A1.

I went and looked at one last weekend up for £69k, and it was a mess. One back wheel had been kerbed and repaired badly (grinded down rather than recut) and tire tarnished, and the other wheel still kerbed. The dealer had no interest in dropping the price as a result, so I walked away. I'm so glad I did! The irony being it's now down to £68k.
Beautiful I have this car on 2015 plate with 15k miles. Got it two weeks ago and am delighted the Dalbergia brown is such a great colour.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #12
digitalfm
Registered
Rep

Hi all,

I'm back. Collected my car as planned on Tuesday. Sorry for the late responce but i've been driving it constantly for 3 days

I have to say I love it. I must admit i'm surprised by how smooth it drives. I wasn't expecting that. For the first time ever my wife and kids felt no sickness after a long drive. All my previous sports cars made them feel icky, they love the smooth drive of the i8.

To be honest i've always been a petrol head, love the roar of a loud exhaust, and flying through the gears on the paddles. However i'm actually really enjoying comfort mode. Sports mode now seems really loud!

As you can imagine, i'm impressed. Given i've just seen a March 2020 go on sale at £80k, i'm still waiting for someone to turn up and arrest me for the price I got mine. I have to say Paul at BMW Heathrow was been an absolute legend. Really nice guy and done a great handover

Oh and the dealer who tried to sell me the car with the damaged wheels called me whilst I was driving up to collect my new car, to ask if i'd thought more about his. That was a satifying phone call
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #13
Maxxsirrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 2017, Crystal White

Garage List
Quote:
Oh and the dealer who tried to sell me the car with the damaged wheels called me whilst I was driving up to collect my new car, to ask if i'd thought more about his. That was a satifying phone call
Appreciate 0