BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

04-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #23
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Must-Win tonight for my MAVS!!!

We are not matching up well against the Spurs this season and definitely don't want to see them in the first round.

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #24
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Pacers finish the season with their backups routing the Magic. Won 3 of the last 4 and clinched the 1 seed.

Home court advantage is huge for Indy. 35-6 at home. No other team in the NBA had more home wins than the Pacers. Accordingly, no one had fewer home losses.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #25
Chadi335is
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is Type R Spec XXX

Brooklyn and Chicago.... Weak teams... Played today for first round position ....

I hope Washington and Toronto whoop their ass...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #26
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Well looks like the Nets purposely dropped a spot, they have a much more favourable match up in round 1 and round 2(if they make it).
      04-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #27
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Sloppy and Pathetic!!!

Fail in the last 8min.
      04-16-2014, 10:08 PM   #28
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I foking hate how Rick Carlisle ALWAYS winds the clock down trying to get the last shot off!
Cuban should've already straightened his dumbass out over this!
You have 37 sec left in OT and you run the clock down to 16sec, miss the shot, instead of going 2 for1???

Well they can hang their shit up now because Spurs are on a mission!
Mavs may steal 1. They had a great opportunity to beat OKC but the Spurs have the Mavs number.
      04-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #29
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Sloppy and Pathetic!!!

Fail in the last 8min.
Crazy game Dallas vs Memphis just ended. So much on the line (50 game win season, 7th seed, & momentum into the playoffs).

Last minute shot by Monte Ellis in missed OT for the win. Dallas now ends up 8th and plays San Antone in the first round.

Too bad for the Mavs. Had a small chance against Oklahoma City if they had won, but NO CHANCE against the Spurs now. Unbelievable...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #30
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrophoneMic View Post
Crazy game Dallas vs Memphis just ended. So much on the line (50 game win season, 7th seed, & momentum into the playoffs).

Last minute shot by Monte Ellis in missed OT for the win. Dallas now ends up 8th and plays San Antone in the first round.

Too bad for the Mavs. Had a small chance against Oklahoma City if they had won, but NO CHANCE against the Spurs now. Unbelievable...
So foking pissed!!!!!

I foking hate how Rick Carlisle ALWAYS winds the clock down trying to get the last shot off!
You have 37 sec left in OT and you run the clock down to 16sec, miss the shot, instead of going 2 for1???

Mavs may steal 1. They had a great opportunity to beat OKC but the Spurs have the Mavs number.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #31
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Nah, I got much love for Carlisle. Every team since their championship year in 2011 has been with new/different players. Since they let Chandler go and didn't pickup any big names, Carlisle has done a pretty solid job for what he's been dealt. Remember Elton Brand, Chris Kaman, Lamar Odom?

And 2 for 1 is always a gamble... Could go either way. It was Monte's fault at the end. He should have held onto to ball and set something up in the half court instead of taking that reckless jump shot that he held onto WAY too long. He was cold blooded in the 4th/OT, but that was a crucial mistake at the end of the game.

Not a fan of the Spurs, but yes, they are on a mission. I just didn't want it to go through Dallas. Shite! Wanted the Mavs to at least contend to make it to the 2nd round. They have NO CHANCE with the Spurs. But as long as Miami doesn't win their 3rd, I'll be content with this season...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #32
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So foking pissed!!!!!

I feel your pain. Been following the Mavs forever, especially during the really lean times. Last year was painful not being able to watch them in the playoffs. Sorta like being a Magic, Kings, or Twolves fan. No offense Orlando, Sacramento, & Minnesota. LOL.

But I'll take anybody that's NOT Miami this year. Even the Clips or maybe even Brooklyn, since it looks like Indiana is slipping really bad as of late. And NOT OKC. Fck OKC. To hell with them. Got no love for the Thunder and their Judas owner.

We'll see. I do love this time of year with the NBA the playoffs. Can't wait. Especially since the first round has 1 or 2 games on almost EVERY night. Bring it!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #33
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Anyone saying otherwise is just bias and wants their own team to win.
Anyone not picking the Top 2 seeds in each Conference is biased?

Of course man, those teams are the favorites, but this is the playoffs, anything can happen and that's what makes it exciting.

To be honest, I'm calling an upset somewhere in the East bracket. The top 2 seeds played like total doo doo in March and part of April.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #34
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Eastern Conf Finals: Bulls and Heat

Western Conf Finals: Clippers and Thunder

trying to find a good first round upset, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I DO know the best matchup comparing evenly matched teams is the Rockets and Blazers...

first round upset though, if I had to guess, would be Brooklyn beating Toronto and Memphis beating the Thunder...

Memphis is scary come playoff time with Zack Randolph and Gasol anchoring the middle - Conley is a little beast too...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #35
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post

trying to find a good first round upset, but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I DO know the best matchup comparing evenly matched teams is the Rockets and Blazers...

first round upset though, if I had to guess, would be Brooklyn beating Toronto and Memphis beating the Thunder...

Memphis is scary come playoff time with Zack Randolph and Gasol anchoring the middle - Conley is a little beast too...
Rockets vs Blazers will be a shootout (Aldridge/Lillard/Batum vs Harden/Lin/Parsons), besides Clippers vs Dubs, I'll be trying to watch that series as well.

Memphis has played like a beast since Gasol came back from injury. Can't underestimate a healthy Memphis.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #36
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Wait a minute...you're taking the Bulls and Heat in the Conf Finals over Indiana? What? haha
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #37
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Wait a minute...you're taking the Bulls and Heat in the Conf Finals over Indiana? What? haha
yes......

Bulls are a hustle team.....they don't have the most talent, but they do all the little things that win games....

I think they're going to the ECF.....
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #38
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
yes......

Bulls are a hustle team.....they don't have the most talent, but they do all the little things that win games....

I think they're going to the ECF.....
Gotta disagree with you there. In the playoffs, talent wins games. You don't get teams that make it to the Conference Finals and Finals purely based on hustle.

Let's not forget that while the Pacers have struggled a bit down the stretch, they still own the EC's best record, and for good reason. They are a fundamentally sound team who play solid basketball. The Pacers hustle on both ends just like the Bulls, and have talent to beat any team in the league.

I have Clippers and OKC in the West with OKC pulling through, and Indiana and Miami in the East with Indiana winning. Indiana in the Finals.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #39
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Can't believe we're only 2 days away!

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #40
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Quote:

I love your Clippers vs OKC pick.. but unfortunately they are 2-3 which means they are meeting in the 2nd round of the playoffs.... I would like Houston playing San Antonio in the semi final's and beating them (as they have 4-0) and Clippers beating okc (3-1 this season) and Houston and Clippers playing in western conference finals... Clippers have beat Houston 4-0 this year... will be Clippers vs (heat/pacers) in finals... and Clippers will have home court
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #41
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep

WEST: Clippers/Spurs
EAST: Miami/Indiana

FINALS: Spurs vs Pacers

I hate to say it, but--> 2014 NBA Champion: San Antonio Spurs

** Picks are made barring any major injuries during the Playoffs. **

Last edited by MicrophoneMic; 04-17-2014 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #42
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

^^Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #43
Clippers_FTW
Private
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrophoneMic View Post
WEST: Clippers/Spurs
EAST: Miami/Indiana

FINALS: Spurs vs Pacers

I hate to say it, but--> 2014 NBA Champion: San Antonio Spurs

** Picks are made barring any major injuries during the Playoffs. **
I dont know.. I think Clippers are a new team from the one that played spurs during regular season. what was the season series 1-2? I'm not sure I honestly dont remember.. But I think with our new pieces and the way we have been playing and with "everyone" healthy this series is going to 5-6 with Clippers winning. Also.. I belive Clippers beat Miami/Indiana... 2013-2014 NBA CHAMPION LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #44
MicrophoneMic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippers_FTW View Post
I dont know.. I think Clippers are a new team from the one that played spurs during regular season. what was the season series 1-2? I'm not sure I honestly dont remember.. But I think with our new pieces and the way we have been playing and with "everyone" healthy this series is going to 5-6 with Clippers winning. Also.. I belive Clippers beat Miami/Indiana... 2013-2014 NBA CHAMPION LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS!!!!!!!!
Regular season and the Playoffs are different beast altogether my man. Regular season wins/losses against a team are less meaningful in the postseason, especially if key players were out. The playoff game is MUCH slower and half-court oriented. I think the Clippers need 1 more year under Doc Rivers (they just got him this year) and some more retooling to the team before they can make a realistic push for a championship.

We'll see. But it's essentially now or never for the Spurs and they definitely know that. And with Kawhi Leonard & Danny Green (playing better plus another year of experience under their belt in their young careers) and with Belinelli & Mills (unreal how much Mills has improved from a cheerleader waving a towel and ZERO playing time to a really productive guard/scorer), the Spurs are MUCH better this year than last year. Just look at their overall record and that recent win streak.

And NEVER discount a team that is as hungry as they are. But as long as Tony Parker stays healthy, and Ginobli and Duncan do their thing, plus their much improved role players spreading the floor, is the reason why the Spurs are my favorite to take it all this year. This coming from a longtime Dallas Mavericks fan.

But that's why they play the games... Anything can happen. Bring it on!

Last edited by MicrophoneMic; 04-19-2014 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0