Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-31-2016, 06:02 AM   #23
RunFlatOut
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 330d coupe

There is a pretty simple test when it comes to racing. Are you a pilot, or a driver? Drivers can enjoy their cars every once in a while, who wouldn't? But when drivers start thinking they are pilots when they're not, this kind of ruining of lives can happen. It's the kind of meaningless loss that can destroy entire families for ever, and I'm talking about the emotional impact with all its negative long-term consequences. And we all know people like that. But whenever I stress that I'm not a pilot, that I just try to be a good driver, people always look at me in that annoying condescending way, kind of "ho you're a nice guy who doesn't understand the importance of projecting a manly image of a man who casually performs hand-break turns and burns rubber with the best of them..." So yeah, I guess I must be less virile, but you know what, I don't run over 12-year olds either.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 06:44 AM   #24
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

seriously charge them with Murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
Assholes.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 06:53 AM   #25
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
The cheap horsepower that Mustangs offer seem to attract idiots of all ages. We read far too many Mustang stories were they are leaving some event and crash or some very unfortunate case like this. So I definitely think both play a role.....obviously the driver is ultimately responsible........Phil
I feel so sorry for the daughter and her father, it breaks my heart.

I really don't know whats going on at the moment. Everyone is going crazy about these mustangs and even experienced drivers loose control of these vehicles.
It's not, that this didn't happened to an driver of an red M4 ( we all remember that cars & coffee vid )

Well, I was taught to think out side the box, see problems as challenges and that's why I was able to find sollutions.

Here is food for thoughts:

Whatabout this:

The fact that multiple stangs and as mentioned the M4 had the exact same breakout behavior, makes me believe the real trouble maker could be the street compound, years of traffic stress that caused the street to lean onto one side....I think it's not an drivers issue, it really could be the compound, out of what the particular road was made...

This should be investigated!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 07:19 AM   #26
doogee
Major
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 328xi Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
OP, I'm highly against people saying anything along the lines of "street racing is bad, don't do it" . Kind of like the whole fire arms argument. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. More specifically while drag racing, bad judgement kills people. When behind the wheel of not only high HP cars, but any car in general while racing or not, you must make a basic judgment call before initiating any kind of race (I do this all the time). Few main questions to ask yourself: Are there any driveways OR intersections coming up within the next 1/4 mile or so? How about sidewalks/pedestrians? And last but not least, how many cars are ahead/behind you within the next 1320 ft or so. This is a simple check off list anyone can stand by and IMO greatly reduce the chance of problems that might occur. Street racing doesn't kill per say, its more so the people who lack self control, good judgement, and over estimate their limits while driving. The government likes to brainwash everyone and say its like the worst thing in the world but I would never agree to such non sense. Some people cant handle it and this is what ruins it for everyone else.

I'm going to assume you're 17 years old or just a troll.

Your logic and thought process is frightening.
      10-31-2016, 07:21 AM   #27
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
The fact that multiple stangs and as mentioned the M4 had the exact same breakout behavior, makes me believe the real trouble maker could be the street compound, years of traffic stress that caused the street to lean onto one side....I think it's not an drivers issue, it really could be the compound, out of what the particular road was made...

This should be investigated!!!!
      10-31-2016, 09:33 AM   #28
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
OP, I'm highly against people saying anything along the lines of "street racing is bad, don't do it" . Kind of like the whole fire arms argument. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. More specifically while drag racing, bad judgement kills people. When behind the wheel of not only high HP cars, but any car in general while racing or not, you must make a basic judgment call before initiating any kind of race (I do this all the time). Few main questions to ask yourself: Are there any driveways OR intersections coming up within the next 1/4 mile or so? How about sidewalks/pedestrians? And last but not least, how many cars are ahead/behind you within the next 1320 ft or so. This is a simple check off list anyone can stand by and IMO greatly reduce the chance of problems that might occur. Street racing doesn't kill per say, its more so the people who lack self control, good judgement, and over estimate their limits while driving. The government likes to brainwash everyone and say its like the worst thing in the world but I would never agree to such non sense. Some people cant handle it and this is what ruins it for everyone else.
This can't be real.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 09:38 AM   #29
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

It's either a Mustang or Charger drivers that seem to be doing this shit.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

May they RIP ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2016, 10:38 AM   #31
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
Are you serious? Street racing is bad because it's on a street where people like this unfortunate father and daughter are often present. Even if you are Michael Schumacher, there is a good chance of losing control when racing, and that's why you don't do it. There is no brain washing here, just common sense and consideration for others on the road/street.
Okay, why dont you prove your theory. Post up your sources stating that there is a good chance of losing control.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 10:42 AM   #32
natedog7700
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I'm going to assume you're 17 years old or just a troll.

Your logic and thought process is frightening.
Ive seen it time and time again. Ive had a "fast" car since age 17, and now 22 FYI. Never been in an accident (knock on wood) and i know many people who have that dont street race. My thought processing is "frightening" you say, but how about you explain why. Without any reasoning, your thought means as much as the next guy who says the world will end tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 10:46 AM   #33
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Okay, why dont you prove your theory. Post up your sources stating that there is a good chance of losing control.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...301-story.html

One of the suspected street racers lost control of their vehicle and slammed into a UPS truck, which flew into the air, landed on the center divider, smashed into traffic and exploded.

and boom goes the dynamite

The vast majority of street racing deaths are due to driver loosing control.

Last edited by Delta0311; 10-31-2016 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 10:48 AM   #34
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ive seen it time and time again. Ive had a "fast" car since age 17, and now 22 FYI. Never been in an accident (knock on wood) and i know many people who have that dont street race. My thought processing is "frightening" you say, but how about you explain why. Without any reasoning, your thought means as much as the next guy who says the world will end tomorrow.
Damn you're 22.. SO yeah you obviously got expert level knowledge.

Oh and you live in Wisconsin; not exactly a heavy traffic state.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #35
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Keep your bullshit on the drag strip or racetrack before you kill someone kid.
      10-31-2016, 11:15 AM   #36
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Street racing doesn't kill per say, its more so the people who lack self control, good judgement, and over estimate their limits while driving.
You ever heard of the phrase "time and place"? There's a right time and a right place for everything. Let's take your firearms example - if you want to go shooting you don't just walk out your front door and start pulling the trigger, you go to a dedicated range where you know your rounds will land safely so that you can minimize the risk of hurting someone. The same logic applies to driving your car fast. There is never a "time and place" where driving recklessly on public roads is appropriate.

You're right that it's a combination of self-control, bad judement and overconfidence in ones driving ability. People who demonstrate self-control are able to avoid the urge to bury the gas pedal on public roads. People with good judgement know that it's just not a good idea. People who are overconfident (read: under-experienced) think they can drive like that and nothing bad will ever happen. Unfortunately, as this article proves... shit happens.
      10-31-2016, 11:50 AM   #37
natedog7700
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...301-story.html

One of the suspected street racers lost control of their vehicle and slammed into a UPS truck, which flew into the air, landed on the center divider, smashed into traffic and exploded.

and boom goes the dynamite

The vast majority of street racing deaths are due to driver loosing control.
This one article doesn't prove anything.... Whats your point?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:57 AM   #38
natedog7700
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
You ever heard of the phrase "time and place"? There's a right time and a right place for everything. Let's take your firearms example - if you want to go shooting you don't just walk out your front door and start pulling the trigger, you go to a dedicated range where you know your rounds will land safely so that you can minimize the risk of hurting someone. The same logic applies to driving your car fast. There is never a "time and place" where driving recklessly on public roads is appropriate.

You're right that it's a combination of self-control, bad judement and overconfidence in ones driving ability. People who demonstrate self-control are able to avoid the urge to bury the gas pedal on public roads. People with good judgement know that it's just not a good idea. People who are overconfident (read: under-experienced) think they can drive like that and nothing bad will ever happen. Unfortunately, as this article proves... shit happens.
I think your right on most of what you said. Where you lost me is in bold. I think you got it wrong in the sense that good judgement is what keeps you alive on the day to day basis. Whether you street race or not, its the judgement that you must rely on. Street racing isnt bad, but is it 100% safe? No. Is carrying a gun on you 100% safe? Hell no, what if someone took it right off of your hip and used it for harm? What if you missed your shot and killed an innocent by stander while in a shoot out? What if you die today while driving to work? Nothing is safe, so live life by good judgement and dont let people tell you street racing is bad just because some people died doing it. Some people die doing everything in life you can possibly think of. Im not going to tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death. How boring is that?

Last edited by natedog7700; 10-31-2016 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:58 AM   #39
natedog7700
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Keep your bullshit on the drag strip or racetrack before you kill someone kid.
Make me, "kid".

BTW, Is your car even 400whp? You cant even talk...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:00 PM   #40
natedog7700
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Damn you're 22.. SO yeah you obviously got expert level knowledge.

Oh and you live in Wisconsin; not exactly a heavy traffic state.
And maybe thats why i disagree with most of you. I wouldn't street race in a crap load of traffic either.... Common sense.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:16 PM   #41
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
I can't believe this post. Street racing is ILLEGAL and it is that way for a reason. People have no business racing each other on public streets - period. People who can't handle the situation, thought that they could at the time. But they couldn't and somebody else paid for it. Two people in Texas are dead because two people thought like you.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:29 PM   #42
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I can't believe this post. Street racing is ILLEGAL and it is that way for a reason. People have no business racing each other on public streets - period. People who can't handle the situation, thought that they could at the time. But they couldn't and somebody else paid for it. Two people in Texas are dead because two people thought like you.
Exactly... My taxes are paying for the roads and for the peace of mind that I won't be taken out by some kid who feels the need to floor his car 24/7.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:31 PM   #43
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
This one article doesn't prove anything.... Whats your point?
Umm yeah it proves the point that nearly all street racing crashes are due to the driver losing control of his car..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 12:33 PM   #44
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Make me, "kid".

BTW, Is your car even 400whp? You cant even talk...

Given he's in an 08 M3; yeah he's pretty close to 400whp
Appreciate 0