BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #1
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Need help with Power washer - Pulsing/hunting - link to video in post

Im looking for some help with my pressure washer it has recently started pulsing loosing pressure for a split second at the lance and making a sharp grinding sound from the machine.

Its an old machine my dad has had for years and i have had a good look around but can't find any name of make or model

Since this problem has started i had also been getting issues with my snow foam gun, its getting clogged up with grit coming through the washer so I'm thinking that there is some kind of filter thats needing cleaned or replaced on the washer that may also be causing the pulsing issue ?

I was ready to start stripping the thing down but thought it was probably best to post up and try and get some advice as i really don't have a clue when it comes to pressure washers !

Here is a link to a quick video i made up just to show exactly whats happening with it

Any advice is much appreciated thanks
      11-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #2
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

What it looks like its not enough water pressure to the hose....

I assume your feed is fine, i concur with some kind of filter, etc. Not sure because of make/model missing

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Not enough water pressure to washer inlet.

Some washers have a mesh filter at the inlet, see if that's clogged up or not. Also, make sure your supply is fully open.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 05:34 AM   #4
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

The machine is a Wesley Nova 2

I had a good look at it today and not having much luck.

The inlet on my washer just connects the hose to a reservoir and then a hose from that goes to the pump, I unbolted the hose going into the pump but know sign of any filter. I tried letting it run for a while to see if it would clear, after letting it run for a while it seemed to be getting better and stopped pulsing completely for a good few minuets but then just started again randomly.

I can see on the pressure dial when the machine is running the pressure gradually drops when it drops down so far thats when it makes the cranking noise and pulses at the lance

I called a parts supplier who immediately said the pumps toast once i told him the symptom but I'm not so sure