09-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Vampire logistic problems?

Just got done watching some true blood and had a few questions.

If vampires can rapidly heal, then how do they bite their own arm and let others drink the blood out? The cut would heal too quickly for the person to drink?

Also vampires hit an invisible wall before being invited it. So if they jumped onto an open window on the roof, they would float above the house? How is gravity being manipulated? More importantly, does the non invite thing still work if the owners dont pay property tax?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
SoCali E36
BMW Client Advisor
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 40e/e36 M3 Sedan

09-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post

If vampires can rapidly heal, then how do they bite their own arm and let others drink the blood out? The cut would heal too quickly for the person to drink?

Also vampires hit an invisible wall before being invited it. So if they jumped onto an open window on the roof, they would float above the house? How is gravity being manipulated? More importantly, does the non invite thing still work if the owners dont pay property tax?

I can one up this. If you're dead, you can't bleed. Period. It's just fantasy, it's separating itself by not using the 'normal' rules and just throwing in some wildcards to try and be different.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Ras al-Khaimah
Rep
Drives: Slow E90

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
just stick to twilight series.
vampires are "good looking" for attracting human host. example edward cullen.
theyre super fast and have special abilities.
supernatural strength
      09-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

Twilight = fail . . . . VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE!

/shout off

09-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

I LOVE true blood. Lafayette = BEST!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
No way Im watching that twilight junk. Who wants to see a hundred year old guy, who is STILL in high school, try and date a high school girl. Talk about an underage relationship!!! What a loser......vampire powers and he goes to high school, lol!

True blood is the only vampire show worth watching. Although I like the supporting characters better then sookie sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Mu Mu
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesen View Post
Twilight = fail . . . . VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE!

/shout off

Twilight had to be the worst vampire flick I have ever seen. Blardy long and boring with a corny beginning, middle and ending.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Ras al-Khaimah
Rep
Drives: Slow E90

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
lol its hard to astray from twilight when you live in a house filled with women -___-
      09-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #10
Synergy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin Jason View Post
lol its hard to astray from twilight when you live in a house filled with women -___-
your living arrangement sounds awesome
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin Jason View Post
just stick to twilight series.
vampires are "good looking" for attracting human host. example edward cullen.
theyre super fast and have special abilities.
supernatural strength
and they glitter like diamonds when exposed to the SUN.....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #12
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post

I think the instant heal happens if they feed during the injury. If not it takes longer to heal. Take for example Interview with the vampire, when Lestat was set on fire he never fully healed until he drank from Daniel (Christian Slater's character). Not sure on the floating part since in True Blood when Bill could not enter the house he glamoured someone to invite him in. And if they are renters at the house they would need to go over the renters guide to see if vampire invites are allowed.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #13
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 335 xdrive

Bills response: "Sookie, I would very much appreciate it if you didn't ask questions to which there are no answers."

The invite thing isn't like a gravitational force. If they were thrown into a house where they weren't invited they would be compelled to leave immediately. Just like when Sookie kicked Bill out, he was pissed but had no choice to leave because he was uninvited. As with the healing, vampires don't heal instantaneously, so I don't see a problem with them letting others drink their blood. Plus, I'm sure they can control it to some extent.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #14
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
if vampires never die...and they feed on humans to survive...and the humans turn when fed...shouldn't the whole planet be vampires by now...

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #15
taliesen
Self Imposed Exile
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 328i

OK, so we all do realize that these are mythical, fictional creatures, right? So there is not, nor should there be, any consistency between the various vampire mythos out there. Every author/creator has a different view on these things, as well as different weaknesses built into their version of vampires. Common among these is the fact a vampire can feed on humans, or a human can consume vampire blood, without creating new vampires - unless a very specific ritual is performed.

Just a fun fact - one popular theory on the origin of the vampire myths in Europe is the plague - once one person died of it, there were usually other members of the family who would have already had without symptoms showing yet. They believed that the first dead one came back for their loved ones and killed them. When they went to dig up the first dead's body, it appeared to them to be 'well fed' (better descriptions below).

Everything below was ripped from Wikipedia - can't remember the original source I found this in years ago, but this covers the main points of it.

Paul Barber in his book Vampires, Burial and Death has described that belief in vampires resulted from people of pre-industrial societies attempting to explain the natural, but to them inexplicable, process of death and decomposition.

People sometimes suspected vampirism when a cadaver did not look as they thought a normal corpse should when disinterred. However, rates of decomposition vary depending on temperature and soil composition, and many of the signs are little known. This has led vampire hunters to mistakenly conclude that a dead body had not decomposed at all, or, ironically, to interpret signs of decomposition as signs of continued life. Corpses swell as gases from decomposition accumulate in the torso and the increased pressure forces blood to ooze from the nose and mouth. This causes the body to look "plump," "well-fed," and "ruddy"—changes that are all the more striking if the person was pale or thin in life. In the Arnold Paole case, an old woman's exhumed corpse was judged by her neighbours to look more plump and healthy than she had ever looked in life. The exuding blood gave the impression that the corpse had recently been engaging in vampiric activity. Darkening of the skin is also caused by decomposition. The staking of a swollen, decomposing body could cause the body to bleed and force the accumulated gases to escape the body. This could produce a groan-like sound when the gases moved past the vocal cords, or a sound reminiscent of flatulence when they passed through the anus. The official reporting on the Peter Plogojowitz case speaks of "other wild signs which I pass by out of high respect".

After death, the skin and gums lose fluids and contract, exposing the roots of the hair, nails, and teeth, even teeth that were concealed in the jaw. This can produce the illusion that the hair, nails, and teeth have grown. At a certain stage, the nails fall off and the skin peels away, as reported in the Plogojowitz case—the dermis and nail beds emerging underneath were interpreted as "new skin" and "new nails".

Contagion
Folkloric vampirism has been associated with a series of deaths due to unidentifiable or mysterious illnesses, usually within the same family or the same small community. The epidemic allusion is obvious in the classical cases of Peter Plogojowitz and Arnold Paole, and even more so in the case of Mercy Brown and in the vampire beliefs of New England generally, where a specific disease, tuberculosis, was associated with outbreaks of vampirism. As with the pneumonic form of bubonic plague, it was associated with breakdown of lung tissue which would cause blood to appear at the lips.