RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Valentine 1 Help

I have had my valentine for about 2-3 weeks. I always shut X band and K band off as they are not used in my area at all. My question is this. It hasn't gone off at all on KA band. Laser a few times but it was a false alert. What is concerning me is it hasn't really made any good calls to help me out yet. I was wondering if this is something i need to look further into or whether its normal. Also do you think that it may not be picking up some signals due to the location. I have it placed high up on the windshield on the right side right next to the rear view mirror where it has a clear site from rear window threw the front windshield. is that a good place? also is there any place to check the radar other then sending it back?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #2
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Well the ideal mode to have your V1 in a metropolitan area is Advanced Logic mode, which is enabled by holding down the volume knob until an L is displayed. I have had a V1 for about 9 months now and trust me, it works. If its not going off for a certain band, then no worries because that band isnt around for it to pick up. You have it mounted in the perfect place so no worries about that either, though I mounted mine on my side of the mirror so that I could hit the mute button or adjust its volume and it also gives me a better view of the signals and arrows becuase its right above me versus on the other side of the mirror where my eyes have to wander off further. Mounting it high allows it to see over traffic a bit, its like as if you sat up in your seat......wouldnt you have a better view of whats ahead? I think so. Mounting high also helps against light and glare bouncing off your hood and interfering with your V1. The key to using a V1 is this: Pay attention to it durring your normal routes, learn the areas that it always goes off for false alarms whatever the reason or source may be. Now, by paying attention to the times that it goes off in areas that you know of that it DOES NOT normally go off in, is how you can avoid a possible threat.

Say your driving to work, school, freinds house, around your town.....and it always goes off in front of the bank, or at this one spot on this one street. But one day it randomly goes off saying K or Ka.......those are the times that you want to use extreme caution because it probably means that theres something, like a cop, waiting ahead. I have been saved 3 times, believe it does work. You just have to get to know when to pay attention to it.

The last time I was saved: On the toll road I was speeding along and it went of for K, like it always does when i pass a certain spot for a few moments...no worries at all. But then, later on in this windy section it suddenly went of for Ka, not wanting to risk it and now alert by this new threat warning, I immediatly braked down to 65. Seconds later I noticed everyone's break lights coming on ahead around the bend....I got very excited and hoped it was a cop.....and it was! Theres nothing better then the feeling of being saved by your V1.

Let me also tell you this, though the times that you do get saved are rare, they are worth every penny of the $400 you spent on it. It took me months before I even encountered a cop and watched it work, though it was for laser. And unfortunatley with laser you have no advanced warning unless you get lucky and the beam some how bounces off somewhere. Thats why whenever you get shot with laser the V1 one goes crazy and lights up even more and has a special beep.

The V1 works AMAZING, like truely PHENOMINAL, against those radar box displays that tell you your speed. Mine goes off, displaying an arrow facing ahead and while the signal strength gets progressivly stronger, from SOOOO FAR AWAY, im talking like a mile away, around a turn hah. I always tell myself, if only it worked that good for real cops and radar, because those boxes dont do anything but tell you your speed and to slow down. I believe the reason it works so well with those is becuase those things shoot out a continous beem of radar, unlike most cops that shoot/un shoot. So good luck with it, and remember that cops can still pace you or just see that you are dis obeying the speed. I tell people that its NOT a police detector, its just a radar/laser detector so dont expect it to go off when theres a cop around. And again, the mounting location being as high as possible is best, I dont understand why in the hell anyone would mount low, its retarded, I mean think about it. Mounting it low allows for cars ahead of you to block the beam and its just not an ideal place.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

also, a good way for you to see if its K and Ka bands are working, drive right next to a Vons, ralphs, or an area like that. It should start going nuts

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 01:01 AM   #4
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I dont have this, but I highly recomend a laser jammer like the Blinder Xtreme or Laser Interceptor. It is %100 garrunteed against laser. The way you use it is like this: Say your driving along and all of a sudden your laser jammer's little LED light starts blinking and beeping, meaning that its being hit and is now jamming the cops laser beam, what you do is IMMEDIATLY slow down and as soon as you do that turn the laser jammer system off with the off switch that comes with it. By doing this, not only did you jam his laser when he was gunning you while you were speeding, but no your going normal speed and your system is off so when he tries gunning you again he gets a nice normal speed and probably thinks that he aimed wrong or that something interfered. If you leave the system on all the time, then you'll have problems, especially in cali where laser jammers are illegal. He will know that something is up when he sits there gunning your car and getting no reading. These jamming systems usually have two laser intercepting boxes that are about the size of a pack of cigs. They are mounted somewhere near your front plate or yout headlights, those are the locations that cops aim for. These systems run from around 400- 700 bucks and need to be wired and installed by pros, unless your good with running wires and drilling holes in dashes for switches. Everything you need to know about defense against lasers and radar can be found at www.radarbusters.com and www.guysoflidar.com

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
well thanks for the response, i guess what I will have to do is turn back on my K band alert and drive by one of the signs that tell me my speed and see if it goes off. Because as of now i have K Band and X Band OFF. So I will have to turn the K band on to see if it makes any difference. Thanks again
Appreciate 0