BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

02-27-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Thinking of getting i8, questions!

Hi

I am thinking of going electric and the i8 seems to be the only AWD 4 seater I want. I have a few questions, which I cant find an answer:

-Is the high beam assistant just the on-off type in Europe, I would be a little disappointed as my LED's in X5 have anti-dazzle technology.
-Does the ACC go to full stop?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:49 AM   #2
kip1
Captain
Rep

I would appreciate help with these questions:

-How long does it take for full charge in a normal domestic socket, not 32A?
-Are the parking sensors just sensors, or do you get 360 cameras? (edit: Found it, included in pure impulse driving assistant)

Thanks, any advice ighly appreciated! I would also appreciate input on reliability.

Last edited by kip1; 02-28-2015 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

The i8 is not really an electric car, it is a hybrid as you are probably aware, just pointing this out. You can barely get 20 full electric miles on it, assuming it is warm....however, depending on your driving mode, it also recharges itself during driving. I charge it overnight on a regular socket, and it is always fully charged by the morning, no need to get any fast charger. You get the surround view cameras and high beam assist in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
kip1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
The i8 is not really an electric car, it is a hybrid as you are probably aware, just pointing this out. You can barely get 20 full electric miles on it, assuming it is warm....however, depending on your driving mode, it also recharges itself during driving. I charge it overnight on a regular socket, and it is always fully charged by the morning, no need to get any fast charger. You get the surround view cameras and high beam assist in the USA.
Thanks, yes I know it a hybriD. Are the high beams anti-dazzle?
Appreciate 0