Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #89
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Yeah that sucked too. But I think they said the AMC Pacer looked ahead of its time too. Guess its time hasn't come yet either. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #90
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Please give me the address of the dealer so I can refer our investigations department to investigate this vehicle As the i3 certainly does not creak and rattle, at least in Germany.
Advantage BMW, Houston.
So scott you are going to reach out to that dealer now?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 09:25 PM   #91
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades
I think they should. Tesla sells because the electric car doesn't look like crap, something every other electric car so far has that distinction. Not to mention the performance aspect of the Model S.

i3 looks horrendous, bad mileage and cannot go beyond 120 miles apparently. i8 is better. If they can match what Model S is or better it will go well. Hopefully.
Yeah you'd figure it's not hard to figure it out right?

Big power nice looking tech driven cars vs.....the i3 LOL
      09-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #92
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Well IMHO the tesla does look better than the i3
That's an understatement.

the i3 didn't sell well because it's f'ing hideous, it's too expensive, and it's f'ing hideous. Did I mention it's hideous? Whoever signed off on that design should be taken out back and flogged.
I don't hate the i3 but it should 60% of its price for its style
Are you insane? A fully loaded i3 at $30,000. Why don't BMW pay for your car payments and insurance also? How can they possible make any profit selling the i3 and 60% of the price?
Actually I saw an advertisement if you lease a BMW 5 series you get a FREE i3.

I should have waited before getting one for my wife. Shit.
      09-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #93
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Nice way of him calling BULLSHIT...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
So scott you are going to reach out to that dealer now?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #94
Peschiera
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

This is a news published on the German Handelsblatt (comparable to FT) today:
http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1304016

According to the report BMW has now decided to electrify the existing models. Krüger also wants to change the management board.
BMW has declined to comment on it.
Details: Krüger is going to present a plan for fending Tesla off, end of September. The plan would be to supply electric versions of X4, 3er and MINI.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #95
Danyutz
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper

Can't believe the amount of people who compare Tesla with BMW or any other brand in the premium segment.

Tesla isn't premium, it feels cheap inside, they overcompensate with an oversize ipad which replaces the dashboard. Outside it styles a mediocre design language, just like Audi.

The only thing they are to be appreciated for is the technology, they are the very first to step their foot into full electric range.

Teslas can be driven only in more developed countries ( from infrastructure point of view ), not everywhere, like a BMW, not to mention the service ( Tesla owner from my country has to travel ~1500km just to service the car ).
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 12:32 PM   #96
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

here is the reason why i3 sale are lackluster.... its fugly. like the honda insight. they should have made the i3 on the 3 or 2 series platform. there is no excuse otherwise.

people dont want hideous cars, and the i3 looks cheap and hideous
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #97
JorgenM
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: Jag i-Pace and BMW i3

So, in my garage I have:

BMW i3
Tesla P85

Always been a BMW fan and owned 10+ BMWs. My best BMW so far? The i3, without a doubt. I was, like many in this thread, determined NEVER to get an i3. But, one time at a BMW Service Center I borrowed an i3 and immediately fell in love.

The i3 is cool, quick, high-tech, drives well etc. Interior is high quality and I think it has the best and biggest screen of all BMWs. My wife loves it too. All my friends that have tried it have been very surprised due to how well it drives.

After getting the i3 I swore I would never ever own a diesel or petrol car and swapped our BMW family car (I have 3 kids so the i3 can't fit us all!) for a Tesla Model S. Another car I previously had said I would NEVER own. But as a 5-seater BMW electric car was years away the Model S was our only choice. Yes it has a mediocre build-quality (typical american quality haha...) and I miss a few options from BMW, but good lord does it drive well! It also looks very good, especially with the original 21 inch rims. Say what you want about Tesla the company or Musk the founder, but the Model S is fabulous.

I'm very interested in seeing what result this meeting will bring.

Oh yes, and I live in Norway as well
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 05:18 PM   #98
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgenM View Post
So, in my garage I have:

BMW i3
Tesla P85

Always been a BMW fan and owned 10+ BMWs. My best BMW so far? The i3, without a doubt. I was, like many in this thread, determined NEVER to get an i3. But, one time at a BMW Service Center I borrowed an i3 and immediately fell in love.

The i3 is cool, quick, high-tech, drives well etc. Interior is high quality and I think it has the best and biggest screen of all BMWs. My wife loves it too. All my friends that have tried it have been very surprised due to how well it drives.

After getting the i3 I swore I would never ever own a diesel or petrol car and swapped our BMW family car (I have 3 kids so the i3 can't fit us all!) for a Tesla Model S. Another car I previously had said I would NEVER own. But as a 5-seater BMW electric car was years away the Model S was our only choice. Yes it has a mediocre build-quality (typical american quality haha...) and I miss a few options from BMW, but good lord does it drive well! It also looks very good, especially with the original 21 inch rims. Say what you want about Tesla the company or Musk the founder, but the Model S is fabulous.

Cool? Your brains frozen
Quick? To 30 mph lol
High tech? Actually very undesirable. I prefer luxurious or built well, refined, precise
Big screen? Fit's thing that makes me not want a car. I ordered mine without Idrive on purpose. Cars are for driving, not playing with I pads.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 08:08 PM   #99
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyutz View Post
The only thing they are to be appreciated for is the technology, they are the very first to step their foot into full electric range.
What technology are you talking about?
Motors and battery means technology for you?

In the rest I agree; Tesla can not stay close to BMW.
Why that remote controlled car costs that much is a mystery for me.
Why some people pay that price for it... oh well....
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #100
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgenM View Post
So, in my garage I have:

BMW i3
Tesla P85

You know, don't want to go in details, and don't know what bimmers you owned but if Tesla is "fabulous", please allow me to have my question marks in regards with your post.
Secondly, let's be honest, is just the regulations that impose your content; enjoy your controlling country.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #101
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

True..there is actually very little patented intellectual property in Teslas....all their suppliers hold the valuable patents. Would have made a lot more sense for BMW to lean on these/competing suppliers vs all this fancy-pants in-house nonsense that is proving to have a negative return on investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Also the supplier is Samsung so technically their the ones pouring resources into the battery tech not BMW. BMW however gets to pay to use it under whatever agreement they agreed upon when the project started.

These batteries are used elsewhere not just in the i3 so it will improve even if BMW doesn't care.

Standard supplier, OE relationship.

Our suppliers are always working on bettering their technology and trying to make us buy it. Weather we do or not is up to us since we are the OE but if it was preparatory and BMW designed it only worked in the i3 then it be different.

I also read that theirs a better battery coming in 2019 that will get the car over 200+ miles.

Hey upgradability is great, having a car that will never rust or corrode is also a big win.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #102
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Or buy up the companies with the patents, sell tesla parts, and use the tech and research group for themselves instead of trying to reinvent everything.
Appreciate 0