Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

01-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Anime

So normally I really dislike anime, but recently I just found a show that I actually REALLY enjoy.

So I found Xenosaga chilling on the floor a few months ago and I figured I'd might as well play it. Got through it recently and thought it was awesome. I ended up getting used to the ridiculously Japanese/anime feel of it and felt that it really kind of added to the game (even though the voice acting was just meh). The whole psychology/religious/robot/futuristic theme was an awesome combination. I got completely into the story and it was very interesting. I'm gonna probably go finish the series with Episode II and III.

I remember back when Adult Swim used to do a lot of anime and normally I'd turn it off. One time I turned on the TV really late and adult swim happened to be the channel that it was on. This anime show was on that had these huge robots that were fighting some alien-type things. It was a really trippy show that involved a buttload of chemistry/psychology mixed in with these robots that were supposedly like the human brain or something I wasn't sure. I was surprised to find that it was REALLY REALLY cool and I liked it a lot. I only saw one episode of it and it was pretty crazy.

So after playing Xenosaga I looked up what this show was called. It's called Neon Genesis Evangelion and I skimmed through a few random episodes. I can instantly see the obvious connections between the two and can see that the makers of Xenosaga definitely got a bunch of inspiration from Evangelion. The themes are nearly identical with some slight differences.

Has anyone ever seen this show before? What did you think of it?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
jkwhat
Private
Rep
Drives: 750LI

Hey. I've actually watched the series after someone on this forum recommended it to everyone. I actually really liked it because most anime's i watched always make me feel like a little kid. Nothing sexual whatsoever and when something does happen the guy main character always become embarrassed. blah blah blah. but this series is a little better on that. the story line is awesome but the end is a hit or miss. the creator of the anime had like a break down or something (feel free to correct me) and became suicidal and made the end extremely psychological. like character analysis of each character and his actions throughout the story which I disliked and skipped. After the creator got like threats about how he ended the story he remade it and this one is more continuous in terms of fighting but it was reallly wtf at the end.

If you have the time for animes this is probably one of the best you will watch but be prepared for a weird ending. Some like it. I didn't.
Appreciate 0