BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches

12-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Seiko Sarb 033 JDM losing SO MUCH time

New to this sub forum, but always been a watch lover. A question for the more experienced with regard to the watch stated above:

To make it short and concise, bought this watch from Amazon almost a year ago now. Lately it’s been losing A LOT of time, about a minute or two (feels like) PER DAY. I have not checked this loss of time against a timegrapher or anything like that. I just think this is unusual since it is my daily. I always set it to my atomic clock on Monday (by this time it is way too “late” compared to my atomic clock ) and wear it everyday for more than 10hours. It still loses time in this manner. I mean normal loss according to the manual is +/- 25 sec IIRC. SHOULD I send it to get checked? My one year window closes in less than 5 days and wanted to know if it is even worth sending it to NJ at the Seiko NA HQ. The issue is though, the warranty card is blank, does this mean I’m out of luck? I can probably fill it in but will that count as “tampering” the certificate?

Thanks for any help from aficionados out here.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
If you bought it from Amazon, it's more than likely that it was from a gray market dealer - a blank warranty card is a give-away. In this case, your original Seiko warranty is useless. if it's really running that slow, then just take it to your local watchmaker for an adjustment - it shouldn't cost too much for a simple adjustment.
Appreciate 0