BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

07-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #45
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep
Drives: around in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Ingram has never ran against an NFL defense. We will see who he really is this year.. Ivory, Hamilton, and Sproles are 2nd and 3rd tier running backs at BEST. I had Moore on my bench all last season. He isn't a producer, at least, no more so than any other target Brees has on the field.

If the Saints are a super bowl team that is unchanged since their SB year, I guess the Giants should win the SB this year because their team is "much unchanged" from our SB year. Especially if we sign Plax right?

The year the Saints won the SB was a very flukey playoff run, just like it was when the Giants won. (Coming from a Giant fan)
+1

The Saints aren't making out of the NFC with the defense they have in place.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 05:45 PM   #46
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

saints have no defense sorry bud.

cowboys are gonna win the super bowl. trollface.jpg

oh fuck eagles got nnamdi

Last edited by ghosthi32; 07-29-2011 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #47
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Sproles is in no way a downgrade from Reggie Bush, DO NOT even let me get started.

How about the signing of Mark Ingram to bolster our already-potent backfield of Thomas, Ivory, Hamilton, and now Sproles?

Lance Moore was one of Brees' top targets last year, if not THE top target when he wasn't injured. His resigning was all but set.

Saints have about 20 players who are FA's and need to be resigned, so don't get caught up in all that.

We are a superbowl team that is much unchanged from our Superbowl year. If you think not having Bush will hurt us, then let me quote Pat Yasinkas:

"But some of the numbers that were passed along to me suggest the Saints can be just as good -- or better -- without Bush. They already have been.

Since joining the team in 2006, Bush missed 20 games. In those games, the Saints went 13-7. That’s a .650 winning percentage. In games Bush played, the Saints went 36-24 (.600).

But we have much more than that. In games with Bush since 2006, the Saints averaged 25.9 points. Without him, they averaged 29.8. In games Bush played, the Saints averaged 377.4 yards per game. When he didn’t play, they averaged 419.8.

The Saints completed 66.5 percent of their passes when Bush played. When he didn’t, they completed 67.6."

And what did the Falcons do last year? Or the year before?
CJ Spiller was going to turn around the Bills last year too.
first year RB is going to have to learn NFL ball, who is clearing his way now?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #48
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
oh fuck eagles got nnamdi
That's a scary pick up for the Eagles.

Philadelphia is going to be the only team in the league able to cover Green Bay and Atlanta's three and four wide sets. That is, if they don't flip Asante Samuel for a stud third reciever or a draft pick.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #49
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptime View Post
That's a scary pick up for the Eagles.

Philadelphia is going to be the only team in the league able to cover Green Bay and Atlanta's three and four wide sets. That is, if they don't flip Asante Samuel for a stud third reciever or a draft pick.
i think they did cut samuel? that was the word going around the bar i was at last night...maybe i was drunk ha
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #50
Boomstick1491
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rookie View Post
i love it when giants fans throw up the rings they have. its well aware philly doesnt have rings. we know it. the city knows it. the country knows it. but when you isolate the match-up each year its a scrap fight. NFC east ball is fucking bananas!

you can throw up the organization's success for the past 50 years but watching you blow a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter will always hurt lol...

go birds
I was at that at that game with my wife. We had driven from DC to NYC for the game after I found someone selling tix on Craigslist and paid him $300. I didn't mind the cost as it was my first weekend back in the States after spending a long time overseas and needing to see a Birds game. Anyway, the tix ended up being fakes and I had to scramble in the parking lot of the Gina's stadium to buy two more tix. I ended up being out $600 to sit in the upper deck amongst the true mouth breathers. In spite of the bitter cold and merciless Ginas fans, we endured, though I was mocked the ENTIRE game by a couple of morons who possessed seven braincells amongst the group of four. It was horrible. I gave half a thought to leaving in the 4th until the TD which launched the rally that brought them back. I ultimately screamed myself hoarse, but it was so worth it to walk out of the stadium with my DeSean jersey on my back and see the seething Ginas fans start fights with each other . Morons!

I then watched the game four more times from the comfort of my couch, using my NFL.com subscription and VPN. What a glorious day and well worth the $600!!!!

Go Eagles!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #51
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rookie View Post
i think they did cut samuel? that was the word going around the bar i was at last night...maybe i was drunk ha
They won't cut Samuel, the Eagles signed him to huge contract earlier this offseason or last season. It's a manageable deal that I think a contender like the Jets or Falcons would trade for.

If he stays with the Eagles, it's a win. If the Eagels flip him for a mid round draft pick, it's a win.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #52
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Of course they will float around but here are early odds 7/29/11
Where are the Cardinals? Not that I would throw down on them.
I have to despise Philly but that is a tasty teaser line. Chargers too / much higher than I would have guessed.
Go Dallas..then Chargers!

Detroit 35? Good for them.

Atlanta Falcons 14/1
Baltimore Ravens 16/1
Buffalo Bills 110/1
Carolina Panthers 110/1
Chicago Bears 32/1
Cincinnati Bengals 80/1
Cleveland Browns 65/1
Dallas Cowboys 16/1
Denver Broncos 62/1
Detroit Lions 35/1
Green Bay Packers 6.25/1
Houston Texans 30/1
Indianapolis Colts 14/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 60/1
Kansas City Chiefs 40/1
Miami Dolphins 45/1
Minnesota Vikings 35/1
New England Patriots 6.45/1
New Orleans Saints 15/1
New York Giants 18/1
New York Jets 15.5/1
Oakland Raiders 40/1
Philadelphia Eagles 15/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 9/1
San Diego Chargers 10/1
San Francisco 49ers 42/1
Seattle Seahawks 67/1
St Louis Rams 40/1
Tampa Bay Bucaneers 30/1
Tennessee Titans 50/1
Washington Redskins 55/1

Last edited by gonzo; 08-02-2011 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #53
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Sproles is in no way a downgrade from Reggie Bush, DO NOT even let me get started.

How about the signing of Mark Ingram to bolster our already-potent backfield of Thomas, Ivory, Hamilton, and now Sproles?

Lance Moore was one of Brees' top targets last year, if not THE top target when he wasn't injured. His resigning was all but set.

Saints have about 20 players who are FA's and need to be resigned, so don't get caught up in all that.

We are a superbowl team that is much unchanged from our Superbowl year. If you think not having Bush will hurt us, then let me quote Pat Yasinkas:

"But some of the numbers that were passed along to me suggest the Saints can be just as good -- or better -- without Bush. They already have been.

Since joining the team in 2006, Bush missed 20 games. In those games, the Saints went 13-7. That’s a .650 winning percentage. In games Bush played, the Saints went 36-24 (.600).

But we have much more than that. In games with Bush since 2006, the Saints averaged 25.9 points. Without him, they averaged 29.8. In games Bush played, the Saints averaged 377.4 yards per game. When he didn’t play, they averaged 419.8.

The Saints completed 66.5 percent of their passes when Bush played. When he didn’t, they completed 67.6."

And what did the Falcons do last year? Or the year before?
if Mark Ingram played like he did his last year at Alabama, he wont be a factor at all in the NFL...

his teammate, Julio Jones, however, will most likely be a factor in that nasty offense over in ATL.

Still liking the Falcons this year.
Appreciate 0