Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

01-20-2022, 09:46 AM   #221
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice View Post
just an update on Penfed, they no longer offer their Penfed depreciation-only loan so BMW Select would be the only way to go, unless Penfed offers it again in the future.
I belong to Navy FCU. The lowest rate they have is 2.19% up to 60 months. Hopefully, BMW will still be offering 1.9%.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 12:18 PM   #222
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 19' X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I belong to Navy FCU. The lowest rate they have is 2.19% up to 60 months. Hopefully, BMW will still be offering 1.9%.
My dealer said that if my pre-order was in 2021, thus locked in for the promo rate of 1.9%. They since removed that offer from the BMWUSA's website, so no longer offering that.

He also said they aren't offering BMW Select. Bummed.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 02:11 PM   #223
Petee_c
Registered
Rep
Drives: i4M50

New to the forum, new to BMW...

just ordered an i4m50 from the local dealer here in Canada...

mineral white,
brown leather interior,
premium essential package.
19" A/S tires

The Client advisor says maybe December... but we'll see... The 1st dealer i contacted said early 2023...

Anyone else have a $100cdn "Fuel Fee" on their quote? I guess that's the only markup that stands out... Not going to bother hassling them about the $140 wheel locks, or the $300 winter and summer floor mats...

Last edited by Petee_c; 01-27-2022 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 09:06 PM   #224
chadkoepf
Private
Rep
Drives: tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petee_c View Post
New to the forum, new to BMW...

just ordered an i4m50 from the local dealer here in Canada...

mineral white,
brown leather interior,
premium essential package.
19" A/S tires

The Client advisor says maybe December... but we'll see... The 1st dealer i contacted said early 2023...

Anyone else have a $100cdn "Fuel Fee" on their quote? I guess that's the only markup that stands out... Not going to bother hassling them about the $140 wheel locks, or the $300 winter and summer floor mats...
I think I heard form someone the fuel fee is a boiler plate from the ICE cars, so you shouldn't be charged that when the car comes in. unless they are going to charge you to charge the car
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 02:45 PM   #225
BryanC84
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 45e M Sport

Garage List
2020 BMW X5  [0.00]
Ask them to remove the fuel fee. They did on mine. I'm UK though!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 06:11 AM   #226
Mambros84
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

I ordered an i4 M50 with 20" wheels in July 2022 through mycompany car scheme here in UK.
The car delivery was supposed to happen around February/March 2023.
Since October I started to receive an extra 2 months delay every month and the last communication was 'expect the car around July 2023'.
They got in touch again and said that if I change the size of the wheels to 19" they might still be able to deliver it at around that time, otherwise I should expect another couple of months delay at least. Also, for some unknow reason, the amendment would also add about £20 per month extra on every single payment. Cheaper wheels...higher payment... not sure what wheels size have to do with semi-conductors tbh.
I was wondering if anyone had this kind of situation and if there's a way to get out of it without cancelling or delaying the order any further.
Waiting more than a year for a car, especially when the estimation was slightly more than a third of it initially, sounds a bit shady. Also because with the change they proposed they want to basically also increase my quote.
Any suggestion?

p.s.= I also checked the BMW car stock finder https://stock.bmw.co.uk/ and there are quite a few models with very similar specs to mine available; I'm a bit unsure why they haven't proposed anything as such
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 07:01 AM   #227
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambros84 View Post
I ordered an i4 M50 with 20" wheels in July 2022 through mycompany car scheme here in UK.
Since October I started to receive an extra 2 months delay every month and the last communication was 'expect the car around July 2023'.
They got in touch again and said that if I change the size of the wheels to 19" they might still be able to deliver it at around that time, otherwise I should expect another couple of months delay at least. Also, for some unknow reason, the amendment would also add about £20 per month extra on every single payment. Cheaper wheels...higher payment... not sure what wheels size have to do with semi-conductors tbh.
I was wondering if anyone had this kind of situation and if there's a way to get out of it without cancelling or delaying the order any further.
Waiting more than a year for a car, especially when the estimation was slightly more than a third of it initially, sounds a bit shady. Also because with the change they proposed they want to basically also increase my quote.
Any suggestion?

p.s.= I also checked the BMW car stock finder https://stock.bmw.co.uk/ and there are quite a few models with very similar specs to mine available; I'm a bit unsure why they haven't proposed anything as such
They want the additional money because they want to roll you to the current pricing if you change the wheels.

I for one would wait. I say that because I did and my car is built with the 20" wheels and I'm getting what I want.
      02-17-2023, 07:45 AM   #228
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Quote:
Any suggestion?

I was given a build slot in October and my dealer talked me into taking the 20”wheels, this had no bearing at all on the build
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 08:55 AM   #229
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
They want the additional money because they want to roll you to the current pricing if you change the wheels.

I for one would wait. I say that because I did and my car is built with the 20" wheels and I'm getting what I want.

What does that mean? I have a pre-order (2021). Supposedly, there is price protection on this; 2022 MSRP (not sure if I will get it, but gonna try to push for it and ask dealer to contact BMW NA at the time of picking up the car. They've only confirmed that I'm locked in for the promo rate of 1.99%).

When they converted orders over to 2023, my dealer alluded to me paying 2023 MSRP with no market adjustment. But based on what you mentioned TechWhiz. During the wait, if I made configuration changes to the car (i.e. mineral white >> dravit, added additional options,...). Would that be any reason why BMW NA would disqualify me from getting the 2022 MSRP from the pre-order?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 09:34 AM   #230
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtech8 View Post
What does that mean? I have a pre-order (2021). Supposedly, there is price protection on this; 2022 MSRP (not sure if I will get it, but gonna try to push for it and ask dealer to contact BMW NA at the time of picking up the car. They've only confirmed that I'm locked in for the promo rate of 1.99%).

When they converted orders over to 2023, my dealer alluded to me paying 2023 MSRP with no market adjustment. But based on what you mentioned TechWhiz. During the wait, if I made configuration changes to the car (i.e. mineral white >> dravit, added additional options,...). Would that be any reason why BMW NA would disqualify me from getting the 2022 MSRP from the pre-order?
The person in the UK mentioned that his price would go up if he removed the 20" wheels. That's because the way some of the orders are done through leasing companies over there.

That has no bearing on the way BMW here handled pre-orders.

You should still get the 1.9%. The sales manager at my dealer confirmed it and he was also in finance for a while. He also confirmed price protection, but that has to be done with a call to BMW and they issue a check for the difference.

Changing your configuration won't disqualify you. Opting to take a delivery of a different car not your order/deposit reference and production number.

Don't take a different car that is not tied to your original $1500 deposit, you will lose the 1.9% and price protection.
      02-17-2023, 01:35 PM   #231
mtech8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The person in the UK mentioned that his price would go up if he removed the 20" wheels. That's because the way some of the orders are done through leasing companies over there.

That has no bearing on the way BMW here handled pre-orders.

You should still get the 1.9%. The sales manager at my dealer confirmed it and he was also in finance for a while. He also confirmed price protection, but that has to be done with a call to BMW and they issue a check for the difference.

Changing your configuration won't disqualify you. Opting to take a delivery of a different car not your order/deposit reference and production number.

Don't take a different car that is not tied to your original $1500 deposit, you will lose the 1.9% and price protection.
Thanks! The dealer sent me a check for deposit refund a few months ago. I didn't cash it though. Just in case that somehow gives them reason to deny me of the promo rate and price protection. I'll definitely push harder on them for the price protection.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 04:26 PM   #232
Mambros84
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:

What about the cars available on the BMW stock checker website? There are quite a few almost identical to the configuration I picked, not sure why I am not being offered those, maybe because my offer is bound to the dealer they're using?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 05:33 PM   #233
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
What about the cars available on the BMW stock checker website? There are quite a few almost identical to the configuration I picked, not sure why I am not being offered those, maybe because my offer is bound to the dealer they're using?
No clue on how it works over there.