Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

11-29-2021, 07:49 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

First BMW i4 owners take delivery at BMW Welt!

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Electrifying moments at BMW Welt: First customers take delivery of their fully-electric BMW i4 vehicles.
COMMENTS
Name:  P90445928_highRes_first-delivery-of-bm.jpg
Views: 4784
Size:  358.8 KB

November 29, 2021

Munich. From the heart of the BMW brand – fully-electric on the road: The first BMW i4 vehicles were delivered at the BMW Welt last weekend. Bernhard Kuhnt, Senior Vice President BMW Group Market Germany, is delighted: "It is a very special moment for us when we hand over brand new models to customers for the first time. The BMW i4 shows in an emotional way how well fully-electric mobility and sporty driving dynamics fit together. For us, it is therefore clear: the BMW i4 will offer our customers a whole new dimension of driving pleasure."

On this special occasion, the BMW Group did not miss the opportunity to invite the customers of the first BMW i4s to an accompanying programme around the fully-electric Gran Coupé in Munich.

Customers are excited

Stefan Ballin, owner of an electrical contracting company and one of the first customers, was delighted to take delivery of his BMW i4: “It wasn’t possible, at the time I placed the order, to take a test drive, but I knew the BMW i4 was exactly the right car for me! I was impressed by the concept – the symbiosis of range, elegant design and unmistakeable BMW sportiness. I also wanted a car that would show how we, as an innovative company, can comfortably integrate electromobility into both our private and working environments. I’m also looking forward to sporty driving pleasure with zero emissions in the i4 – because the electricity I need to run it will come from our own photovoltaic system.”

Bernhardt Kuhnt confirmed: “With the BMW i4, we have absolutely struck a chord. You can see this from the very high demand for this car. We are delighted to be expanding our electrified product line-up with this sporty, fully-electric Gran Coupé at exactly the right time and to present the first vehicles to our customers today – three months earlier than originally planned. The first delivery of a BMW i4 today, and the first BMW iX in about a week, are further milestones for the BMW Group on the road to electromobility.”

One in four BMW Group vehicles in Germany electrified

Kuhnt goes on to explain: “One in four BMWs delivered in Germany today already comes with a fully-electric drive train or is a plug-in hybrid. By the end of the third quarter, around 41,900 electrified BMWs and 8,820 electrified MINIs had been delivered to customers this year. The fully-electric MINI Cooper SE alone already accounts for about 20 percent of MINI brand sales. The BMW Group has almost doubled its sales of electrified models in Germany compared with the previous year, at around 25 percent.”

Impressive driving dynamics thanks to model-specific chassis technology and electric drive train

The BMW i4 combines characteristic sportiness with elegant design – and brings electromobility to the traditional core of the BMW brand. The four-door Gran Coupé is the first fully-electric BMW consistently geared towards driving dynamics. Impressive driving dynamics and high range are combined by harnessing the power of efficient drive technology and intelligent lightweight construction.

Range and innovative technology were also purchasing considerations for Ronny Scharschmidt, whose firm implements regional construction projects with renewable energies: “I decided on the i4 because of the range and the many new driving functions and on-board sensors that make driving safer and more comfortable. My first long drive in the BMW i4 will be from Munich directly home to Saxony-Anhalt: In the meantime, there are enough fast chargers that you don’t have to worry about charging anymore.”

Name:  P90445931_highRes_first-delivery-of-bm.jpg
Views: 4623
Size:  606.3 KB

Name:  P90445928_highRes_first-delivery-of-bm.jpg
Views: 4784
Size:  358.8 KB

Name:  P90445932_highRes_first-delivery-of-bm.jpg
Views: 4609
Size:  592.1 KB

Name:  P90445927_highRes_first-delivery-of-bm.jpg
Views: 4565
Size:  228.0 KB

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #2
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Can't wait to see more photos!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:34 AM   #3
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Judging by the photos, people only purchased white and silver cars
      11-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #4
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
OK, the concept car on the right grille treatment is excellent. Wish BMW offers the option to paint the moustache in body color and keep the outline in silver or gloss black or body color. That would super fix the front.

I overall like this car, even though, like all BMWs, it is a bit underwheeled.
Appreciate 1
BMWRL596.00
      11-29-2021, 09:37 AM   #5
Macphisto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
OK, the concept car on the right grille treatment is excellent. Wish BMW offers the option to paint the moustache in body color and keep the outline in silver or gloss black or body color. That would super fix the front.

I overall like this car, even though, like all BMWs, it is a bit underwheeled.
Yes! The concept grille should have been the production grille for all BMW i products.
Attached Images

Last edited by Macphisto; 11-29-2021 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 3
BMWRL596.00
Tallest1281.50
GuyOh1064.00
      11-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
The shape of the grill itself is different from the ICE 4 series (bottom half is more seperated), definitely made a subtle and noticeably more pleasing difference, but yeah the concept grill was phenomenal.

Overall, the design looks good as a BEV, not shouting that it's a BEV is the best part for me.

The range takes a hit with larger wheels unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 10:22 AM   #7
Saphirschwarz
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

dravit grey invasion .....
Appreciate 1
AZM40i256.50
      11-29-2021, 11:04 AM   #8
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Kuhnt points to evidence that EV sales are commonplace; yet implies the sale of these EVs are revolutionary. Seems like a disconnected message, but congratulations anyway BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 12:03 PM   #9
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
Kuhnt points to evidence that EV sales are commonplace; yet implies the sale of these EVs are revolutionary. Seems like a disconnected message, but congratulations anyway BMW.
Well, he is a car salesman, lets not forget. He needs to sell cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 04:24 PM   #10
MParallel
Mr. OEM
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '98 E36 M3 AW/Black 1 of 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Judging by the photos, people only purchased white and silver cars
More like 50 schades of grey.
Appreciate 1