Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

10-12-2021, 10:35 PM   #45
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

M division is going EV. Van Meel will be responsible for putting the transition plan together to get those cars to production. Maybe some decision makers thought he would be a better fit to get the job done. And there was also some chatter on the internet about a provocative grille. We can all speculate.
      10-12-2021, 11:43 PM   #46
Msparta
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

Does this mean potentially back to the less buck teeth looking grills for the M's? Hope so…
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 09:43 AM   #47
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaalrasha View Post
isn't van meel responsible for losing the m talents team such as albert biermann and all ?
well, albert biermann was also partially responsible for the the f8x. The way it was tuned on launch was not great. That resulted in the worst critical reception of an m3 ever. It took zcp to make the car drive like it should have.

I would also point out they were so proud of the direct rear subframe mount, which was of questionable value. It is already gone in the g8x and yet performance and ride quality have increased.

These are big companies and complicated projects, there won't be one single person responsible for success or failure.
🤦🏻
      10-15-2021, 03:28 PM   #48
Mosef81
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 mineral grey

Shame M division doesn't have an inspirational leader like Andreas Preuninger. Biermann seems to have worked wonders at Hyundai and personally I loved the character of the f80 and it did look very pretty. Few cars of the modern age have character. It was like a 930 turbo.. Don't pay it respect and it will bite you!
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2021, 07:14 AM   #49
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Job swap at BMW: Markus Flasch takes over luxury class

After Franciscus van Meel returned to M GmbH ( Automobilwoche reported exclusively ), the current managing director Markus Flasch now has a new task. The Austrian moves into overall vehicle development and takes over the management of the Rolls-Royce, BMW luxury and upper class product line as well as the BMW mid-range product line.

That means: Van Meel and Flasch largely swap their tasks. The Dutchman had already managed M GmbH from 2015 to 2018 and is now responsible for the luxury models at BMW until the end of this month. Flasch takes over at the turn of the month. The return of van Meel had exclusively revealed the automobile week on Friday. Now it is also clear how Markus Flasch's professional path will continue.

Van Meel is expecting a big anniversary when he returns to M GmbH. The BMW performance brand will be 50 years old in 2022. From 2023, the group also wants to build sports car prototypes again and enter the newly created LMDh category. Among other things, a return to the long-distance classic at Le Mans is expected.
https://www.automobilwoche.de/articl...mt-luxusklasse
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      10-19-2021, 07:18 AM   #50
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:
Job swap at BMW: Markus Flasch takes over luxury class

After Franciscus van Meel returned to M GmbH ( Automobilwoche reported exclusively ), the current managing director Markus Flasch now has a new task. The Austrian moves into overall vehicle development and takes over the management of the Rolls-Royce, BMW luxury and upper class product line as well as the BMW mid-range product line.

That means: Van Meel and Flasch largely swap their tasks. The Dutchman had already managed M GmbH from 2015 to 2018 and is now responsible for the luxury models at BMW until the end of this month. Flasch takes over at the turn of the month. The return of van Meel had exclusively revealed the automobile week on Friday. Now it is also clear how Markus Flasch's professional path will continue.

Van Meel is expecting a big anniversary when he returns to M GmbH. The BMW performance brand will be 50 years old in 2022. From 2023, the group also wants to build sports car prototypes again and enter the newly created LMDh category. Among other things, a return to the long-distance classic at Le Mans is expected.
https://www.automobilwoche.de/articl...mt-luxusklasse
While I'm sure BMW is calling this a promotion for Flasch, it doesn't really seem like one.
      10-19-2021, 08:04 AM   #51
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Markus Flasch now has a new task. The Austrian moves into overall vehicle development and takes over the management of the Rolls-Royce, BMW luxury and upper class product line as well as the BMW mid-range product line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
While I'm sure BMW is calling this a promotion for Flasch, it doesn't really seem like one.
Maybe a bit like an army pilot after a move from fighter jets to cargo planes: "I fly bigger planes now." ?

BMW M to Franciscus "Frank" van Meel:
Name:  Maverick_Reputation.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  122.8 KB
      10-19-2021, 08:28 AM   #52
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Markus Flasch now has a new task. The Austrian moves into overall vehicle development and takes over the management of the Rolls-Royce, BMW luxury and upper class product line as well as the BMW mid-range product line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Maybe a bit like an army pilot after a move from fighter jets to cargo planes: "I fly bigger planes now." ?

BMW M to Franciscus "Frank" van Meel:
Attachment 2723249
Very well put, as always