04-12-2021, 11:56 AM   #8823
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Didn't happen. Was on his way to me when the hospital called him in for an emergency. I'm understanding and told him not to feel bad, it's not like he doesn't come to New Orleans nearly every weekend. So we're rescheduling it.
That's too bad he couldn't make it but like you say, not the end of the world. Better luck next time.

PS The jacket suites you and was worth the drama IMO. Glad you managed to get it back.
      04-12-2021, 12:40 PM   #8824
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I'm in trouble. I made the social media sin. I asked the girlfriend who a guy was who is always "hearting" her pictures. I'm an idiot.

It's not that I thought anything is going on. Fully trust her 100%. Not to mention this guy isn't someone that she would be interested in.....I hope. I just noticed that every time she posts a picture, which isn't often at all; he is one of the first people to "like" it. It's almost as if he is sitting and waiting for her to post. I was just curious who the guy was, ie. friend of the family, etc.

I have now made myself look like the controlling untrusting boyfriend. I was only curious who he was/is. Almost 5 years with someone, you kind of expect to "know" the important people in their life. I thought he was important to some degree.

I've been given the "I'd rather you ask than wonder" reply; but I also got the "I don't talk to anyone on social media because I'm in a relationship" response....followed by "so there is that." Dammit. Rudi > < Rudi
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #8825
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

No offense, but she must be really touchy if that actually bothers her! I guess a lot of folk are, come to think of it...
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15671.50
      04-12-2021, 12:59 PM   #8826
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I'm in trouble. I made the social media sin. I asked the girlfriend who a guy was who is always "hearting" her pictures. I'm an idiot.

It's not that I thought anything is going on. Fully trust her 100%. Not to mention this guy isn't someone that she would be interested in.....I hope. I just noticed that every time she posts a picture, which isn't often at all; he is one of the first people to "like" it. It's almost as if he is sitting and waiting for her to post. I was just curious who the guy was, ie. friend of the family, etc.

I have now made myself look like the controlling untrusting boyfriend. I was only curious who he was/is. Almost 5 years with someone, you kind of expect to "know" the important people in their life. I thought he was important to some degree.

I've been given the "I'd rather you ask than wonder" reply; but I also got the "I don't talk to anyone on social media because I'm in a relationship" response....followed by "so there is that." Dammit. Rudi > < Rudi
Sorry, but she is over reacting again. There is a difference between being curious and being controlling and untrusting. Did you get an answer other than what you posted above?
      04-12-2021, 02:10 PM   #8827
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Sorry, but she is over reacting again. There is a difference between being curious and being controlling and untrusting. Did you get an answer other than what you posted above?
Not really. I've asked several times if I've upset her. Her response is only "I'd rather you ask than to wonder." Still hasn't said whether or not she's mad. I'm just going to act like everything is normal.

I don't necessarily think she's over reacting. She hasn't lashed out or anything, but that really isn't her style anyway.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #8828
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Not really. I've asked several times if I've upset her. Her response is only "I'd rather you ask than to wonder." Still hasn't said whether or not she's mad. I'm just going to act like everything is normal.

I don't necessarily think she's over reacting. She hasn't lashed out or anything, but that really isn't her style anyway.
Best thing as you say to act normal. There are ppl hanging around s/m sites 24/7 getting fixation on some images that catch their eye and follow it aimlessly putting ticks and hearts on at will in the hope it will stir something up.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #8829
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

It was a normal question which deserved nothing more than a normal answer....acting as if nothing has happened is only reasonable.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-12-2021, 04:59 PM   #8830
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:

Not even a "he's a xyz" or anything, just "don't worry about it?"
Appreciate 2
Buug95917106.50
Joekerr7929.00
      04-12-2021, 07:15 PM   #8831
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Not even a "he's a xyz" or anything, just "don't worry about it?"
That's pretty close to telling a woman to calm down.
      04-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #8832
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I need to find a woman who isn't native to California. I've always had better luck that way.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 09:26 PM   #8833
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Hair salon time. Date night. Though we’re having severe weather today. We’ll see.
T'was a cute outfit Sara. I'm sure he'll love the dress more though.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 09:49 PM   #8834
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Do guys really only hang out with women FOR WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE?!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:03 PM   #8835
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I don't mean to be a knuckle dragger but it's a start.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2021, 10:13 PM   #8836
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I don't mean to be a knuckle dragger but it's a start.
I’m still salty about that voice memo I forwarded to you. Like does he really think that’s what I want to hear???

Short story: I invited a guy friend over to hang out in the hot tub with me and my girlfriend. He’s met her before. He wasn’t feeling 100% so instead of saying “hey Sara, I don’t feel my best I’ll come over another time when I’m not under the weather” he says “... the only reason I’m torn is because of what you look like...”

What an insult.

Hope everyone else has a better night.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:16 PM   #8837
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
I’m still salty about that voice memo I forwarded to you. Like does he really think that’s what I want to hear???

Short story: I invited a guy friend over to hang out in the hot tub with me and my girlfriend. He’s met her before. He wasn’t feeling 100% so instead of saying “hey Sara, I don’t feel my best I’ll come over another time when I’m not under the weather” he says “... the only reason I’m torn is because of what you look like...”

What an insult.

He's a bum. A complete bum. You don't need to waste another minute on that idiot.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      04-12-2021, 10:20 PM   #8838
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
He's a bum. A complete bum. You don't need to waste another minute on that idiot.
I mean, fuck. Like is New Orleans seriously just full of douche bags??

My spirit animal must be a bull because I’m only attracted to red flags. Even in just my regular guy friends.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34173.50
Buug95917106.50
M5Rick59507.00
      04-12-2021, 10:25 PM   #8839
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

My spirit animal must be a bull because I’m only attracted to red flags. Even in just my regular guy friends.
Nah...you are just on a bad run. We all go through them.
Appreciate 2
Buug95917106.50
Sedan_Clan24959.50
      04-13-2021, 01:41 AM   #8840
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

What an insult.

Wtaf!?? What was he trying to achieve by saying that?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 03:37 AM   #8841
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

As said,you are just on a sticky wicket and I'm sure you'll come up lucky soon.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      04-13-2021, 04:11 AM   #8842
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

When I was in high school, one of my buddies came up to me and said he needed some help. He was dating a girl from the next town and wanted to go out with her but she had a friend that was with her and he needed someone to go out with the friend. I'd never been on a blind date before and didn't really want to go on one but my buddy said "Hey, if I wasn't already going out with Jessica, I'd be trying to go out with her. She has the best personality" That should have set off multiple alarms but I trusted Jeff, he was a straight shooter and had never let me down before. We met these girls at the Hardee's parking lot, a romantically ironic place to meet them, and I anxiously awaited their arrival. When they pulled up, a beautiful thin hottie gets out of the car and I say "Is that her?" and he replied "No, that one is mine." When my date got out of the car, the car literally rose up 2 or 3 inches. She was the biggest girl I had ever seen. She wasn't fat, she was just a big girl. To put it in perspective, she was bigger than any linebacker we had starting on our football team. With her 80's hair all frizzed up, she looked like a cross between a Neanderthal and an Afghan Wolf Hound. My buddy said "What do you think?" and I replied "I think she could beat the shit out of me." I'm sure she had a great personality, I was so distracted I couldn't tell. I just wasn't into dating giants.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 06:27 AM   #8843
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
When I was in high school, one of my buddies came up to me and said he needed some help. He was dating a girl from the next town and wanted to go out with her but she had a friend that was with her and he needed someone to go out with the friend. I'd never been on a blind date before and didn't really want to go on one but my buddy said "Hey, if I wasn't already going out with Jessica, I'd be trying to go out with her. She has the best personality" That should have set off multiple alarms but I trusted Jeff, he was a straight shooter and had never let me down before. We met these girls at the Hardee's parking lot, a romantically ironic place to meet them, and I anxiously awaited their arrival. When they pulled up, a beautiful thin hottie gets out of the car and I say "Is that her?" and he replied "No, that one is mine." When my date got out of the car, the car literally rose up 2 or 3 inches. She was the biggest girl I had ever seen. She wasn't fat, she was just a big girl. To put it in perspective, she was bigger than any linebacker we had starting on our football team. With her 80's hair all frizzed up, she looked like a cross between a Neanderthal and an Afghan Wolf Hound. My buddy said "What do you think?" and I replied "I think she could beat the shit out of me." I'm sure she had a great personality, I was so distracted I couldn't tell. I just wasn't into dating giants.
There is a lid for every pot. You just weren't hers.
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13154.00
M5Rick59507.00
Kick 6285.00
Sara5789.00
      04-13-2021, 07:03 AM   #8844
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Men (and "guys" too) approach women we are physically attracted to.

As for "just friends," appearances do not matter in the least. I have ugly ass friends that I would go to battle for and with all day long.

For the answer you are looking for. Men who only hang out with women they are attracted to (as friends) are hoping to engage in sexual congress. Point-blank; end of conversation.

Quote:

What an insult.

See previous reply. If he were not attracted to you and he felt well, (and he wasn't a douche) he would have been there. If he were not attracted to you and he didn't feel well, it wouldn't have even been a thought to raincheck. That simple.
Appreciate 6
MKSixer34173.50
M5Rick59507.00
nyalpine907419.00
Sara5789.00
Sedan_Clan24959.50