10-05-2006, 02:09 AM   #23
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeThirtyEye
As a pimp, I can't really claim a fixed salary.
ROFL
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 02:11 AM   #24
Ray
Rep
Drives: three series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.L3IchibanM3
Because I need a car for college and 325i is not just for me but for the whole family. I will most likely be taking the corolla when I'm off to college anyway.
WOW! I thought you were kidding!

If you need to take a bimmer to work at Fry's, I guess image really is everything.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 07:06 AM   #25
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
We'll just say I prolly make a little more than double what most 23 y/o's make strait out of college.....

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #26
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Let's see, since I've returned to the states my salary was reduced by over 50K.
I’m 25 y/o with a Masters Degree working in the Intelligence Community. Overseas I worked with the Iraqi Intelligence Service in establishing their training, methods, administration, vetting leaders, etc. i.e. building the organization from scratch.

Now I'm just a senior policy advisor for the Middle East. They want me to move up to DC and I do not want to go. I let my counterpart brief the cabinet and senior staff. I've done it a couple of times and I don't like Rumsfield at all. The other staff members listen and are very attentive (Bush, when I do brief him, Rice, Kempthorne, Chertoff, Bodman) I’m not counting the Intel agencies since they brief with us and provide input. Like I stated earlier, I don’t brief these guys often like I did in Iraq. I also do not like that some members in the Staff and IC think I’m too junior in this line of work.

Don’t ever brief Congress on anything…even if it is behind closed doors. I’m not a politician…and though I see the value of politics and policy making, I do not like our current (mostly corrupt) members of Congress. Now if you separate them from their parties, and engage members of Congress on a personal level, it is much better.

Iraq 204K a year 05-06
Stateside 151K a year

Money really isn't important to me...I love my job. I'm extremely happy where I'm at now. Now if I can only find a GF who can accept my busy work schedule and have a background check that passes.

For those of you who don’t know what the IC is…here is a free link on our overt operations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_Community

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 07:48 AM   #27
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.L3IchibanM3
Because I need a car for college and 325i is not just for me but for the whole family. I will most likely be taking the corolla when I'm off to college anyway.
I know pharmacist makes alot of money. I am the trash man (someone has to do it)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 09:33 AM   #28
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

full-time student but i just started a new part time job, i think its $8/hr but i don't know if that has been confirmed yet haha

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #29
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
I make $6.25 an hour being the best McDonald's Grease fryer "technician" I swear one day I'll get that .50 cents raise
They don't make coin denominations that small. In The smallest denomination is 1 cent.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #30
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
They don't make coin denominations that small. In The smallest denomination is 1 cent.
keke

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #31
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
I’m 25 y/o with a Masters Degree working in the Intelligence Community.
Uh .... you're in the intelligence community but you just told a public forum that you have direct access to top political executives? I thought first rule of fight club was, never talk about fight club?

You of all people should know how easy it'd be to track you down even from this post. You tell your neighbors and friends what you do too?

Therefore I call
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #32
em00guy
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima

Very cool. I've thought about pursuing a career as a technology advisor to the government. How does one find there way into a job like that? I ask because it's obvious this thread has been hijacked and i might as well join the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
I’m 25 y/o with a Masters Degree working in the Intelligence Community. Overseas I worked with the Iraqi Intelligence Service in establishing their training, methods, administration, vetting leaders, etc. i.e. building the organization from scratch.

Now I'm just a senior policy advisor for the Middle East. They want me to move up to DC and I do not want to go. I let my counterpart brief the cabinet and senior staff. I've done it a couple of times and I don't like Rumsfield at all. The other staff members listen and are very attentive (Bush, when I do brief him, Rice, Kempthorne, Chertoff, Bodman) I’m not counting the Intel agencies since they brief with us and provide input. Like I stated earlier, I don’t brief these guys often like I did in Iraq. I also do not like that some members in the Staff and IC think I’m too junior in this line of work.

Don’t ever brief Congress on anything…even if it is behind closed doors. I’m not a politician…and though I see the value of politics and policy making, I do not like our current (mostly corrupt) members of Congress. Now if you separate them from their parties, and engage members of Congress on a personal level, it is much better.

Iraq 204K a year 05-06
Stateside 151K a year

Money really isn't important to me...I love my job. I'm extremely happy where I'm at now. Now if I can only find a GF who can accept my busy work schedule and have a background check that passes.

For those of you who don’t know what the IC is…here is a free link on our overt operations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_Community

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #33
em00guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
thanks, thats what i was looking for
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 11:13 AM   #34
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
Uh .... you're in the intelligence community but you just told a public forum that you have direct access to top political executives? I thought first rule of fight club was, never talk about fight club?

You of all people should know how easy it'd be to track you down even from this post. You tell your neighbors and friends what you do too?

Therefore I call

No, I wouldn't call BS, given the current state of our government and how "efficient" this adminstration has prove to be, I am surprise he hasn't given you his full name, address and ph# and telling you he is a spy and later telling you no I never told you that...
      10-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #35
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by em00guy
Very cool. I've thought about pursuing a career as a technology advisor to the government. How does one find there way into a job like that? I ask because it's obvious this thread has been hijacked and i might as well join the party.
Not that hard...just follow Monica Lewinsky method... (bewarned that if you use her technique, it is be a short career)...
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #36
MrSilver
Judge Advocate General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
I'm Bill Gates.

I pwn j00.

'07 E92 335i "Over-Heating" and "Blowing Up" since 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW
Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite (Howard is not optional)

'07 X3 3.0si - Black on Black, ZPP, ZCW, Step. - Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #37
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu

Therefore I call
See my previous threads on this subject. You are confusing some of the definitions used in the Intelligence world. I stated i worked in the Intelligence Community and brief some of these guys. It's like asking the Deputy Director of DNI to brief someone...you already know who he is and who he briefs...but like I said I didn't state who I exactly work for.

Access to top political executives...yes when it is necessary. I usually take a trip each fiscal quarter to DC to brief some of these guys. I leave the rest to my counterparts in DC.

You don't seem to understand that Foreign Intelligence Services are much more informed than you will be on the workings of your own government. I'm 100% positive they already know who I am, who I work for and what I do, my political leanings, my ideology, my goals, and my family. It goes the same for senior exec's within our own government. Other countries have complete dossiers...even down to their work schedule.

Besides, I've been vetted through polygraphs, and investigated for what I do...I hardly doubt you could do anything to me that would ever impact my life, my political leanings, or my job.

Unless someone is trying to kill me a posting on a public forum won't do any good with the plethora of information and the use of data-mining engines to find out everything about me. So please take your and fly it in someone else’s face.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #38
em00guy
Rep

I started a juicy one. But seriously, Very cool job.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #39
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by em00guy
As a technology advisior in the IT world...hmm...I'll look into it and get back to you by PM.

I know right now some Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics are looking for IT professions who can pass a TS/SCI with polygraph for positions given to them by contracts. But jumping into the GG or GS or SES ranks (Federal service) for IT...it's pretty hard unless you know someone or you have very good experience with and (sometimes) a degree. In the IT world staying current is the most important.

Does that answer your question?

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #40
ed328ci
Grumpy
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
I’m 25 y/o with a Masters Degree working in the Intelligence Community...
Iraq 204K a year 05-06
Stateside 151K a year...
I don't want to sound rude, but an intelligence analyst with one or two years of experience makes more that the most senior level FBI agent? Unless you got your masters when you are 18, you are still a junior level analyst.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/06tables/pdf/la_leo.pdf

Or as much as a level federal appeals court judge?
http://www.opm.gov/oca/06tables/pdf/bca_loc.pdf

Or as much or more the most senior level professional:
http://www.opm.gov/oca/06tables/pdf/slst_loc.pdf

Or as much as a four star general?
http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

I don't think so.

Base pay of US federal gov't employees. (GS-15 is the top rate at $119,000)
http://www.opm.gov/oca/06tables/pdf/gs.pdf
      10-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #41
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

JB 330ci simmah down nah, my post was meant to be lighthearted ... I just thought it was weird that somebody working in the intelligence community wouldn't want to just keep it low key. Not saying anything would seem safer than opening up and laying it out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #42
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed328ci
I don't want to sound rude, but an intelligence analyst with one or two years of experience makes more that the most senior level FBI agent? Unless you got your masters when you are 18, you are still a junior level analyst.

http://www.opm.gov/oca/06tables/pdf/la_leo.pdf

Or as much as a level federal appeals court judge?
http://www.opm.gov/oca/06tables/pdf/bca_loc.pdf

Or as much or more the most senior level professional:
http://www.opm.gov/oca/06tables/pdf/slst_loc.pdf

Or as much as a four star general?
http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

I don't think so.
Yes I do. You forget that Contractors, advisiors, and other speciality skill sets are paid much higher than the government GS, GG and SES positions. Right now, with GWOT, Intelligence is driving the fight...and for anyone who purses a career in that field...you will make a lot of money.

You can either be a government employed person or a person who works in Intel but as an advisor or a Contractor. For example, in IT most of the senior guys don't actually work for the government but serve as advisors. It is very complicated to explain but civilian corporations have considerable input through contracts from the Federal, State and to a lesser extent local government.

A prime example is a Sat Comm section...we have 6 government employees (GG and GS positions) and two contractors...both contractors make 140K a year while the federal guys only make half of that (based on service and rank).

I went to JMIC for my Masters Degree which is DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency). As you can tell I obviosly served in the military with two PRIOR tours to Iraq. You have no idea how hard that was to complete my BS on time (with a slower pace) in order to submit and attend JMIC on time for the following year.

one to two years experience? I have about 7 years experience in Intel work...with about 4 focusing on Iraq specifically...once Iraq simmers down I'm sure someone else will take my position and the US will return to focusing on Iran. But the fight right now is in Iraq and right now we need all the experience and on the ground guys we can get...no matter if you disapprove of the war or not.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #43
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Yes I do. You forget that Contractors, advisiors, and other speciality skill sets are paid much higher than the government GS, GG and SES positions. Right now, with GWOT, Intelligence is driving the fight...and for anyone who purses a career in that field...you will make a lot of money.

You can either be a government employed person or a person who works in Intel but as an advisor or a Contractor. For example, in IT most of the senior guys don't actually work for the government but serve as advisors. It is very complicated to explain but civilian corporations have considerable input through contracts from the Federal, State and to a lesser extent local government.

A prime example is a Sat Comm section...we have 6 government employees (GG and GS positions) and two contractors...both contractors make 140K a year while the federal guys only make half of that (based on service and rank).

I went to JMIC for my Masters Degree which is DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency). As you can tell I obviosly served in the military with two PRIOR tours to Iraq. You have no idea how hard that was to complete my BS on time (with a slower pace) in order to submit and attend JMIC on time for the following year.

When and if I ever grow up I want to be like joo...seriously
      10-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #44
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
When and if I ever grow up I want to be like joo...seriously
Yea...right...

You have people here who are 22 and 23 years old making 200K a year with their own company...sure you don't want to go that route? That way you can pick your own times and usually work at your own pace...with no superior to look over you.
Sounds much better than me...at times.
Appreciate 0