BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #45
ed328ci
Grumpy
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
...one to two years experience? I have about 7 years experience in Intel work...with about 4 focusing on Iraq specifically...once Iraq simmers down I'm sure someone else will take my position and the US will return to focusing on Iran...
You stated that you are 25 with a master degree. So you started intel work when you are 18, while going through undergrad and grad school full time? I don't think so.

BTW, I find the idea of 22 year olds with their own companies, making over 200k a year, a lot more believable than a 25 year "intelligence consultant" who briefs the cabinet and make between $150-200K. Private contractors usually hire senior experienced folks.
      10-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #46
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

One time I was cleaning a BMW and there was a dead cat in it. True story.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #47
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus

One time in band camp......
      10-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #48
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep
Drives: 03 330ci, 08 335i, 08 A5,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed328ci
You stated that you are 25 with a master degree. So you started intel work when you are 18, while going through undergrad and grad school full time? I don't think so.

BTW, I find the idea of 22 year olds with their own companies, making over 200k a year, a lot more believable than a 25 year "intelligence consultant" who briefs the cabinet and make between $150-200K. Private contractors usually hire senior experienced folks.
Not true anymore. Pull up Intelligence and see how many openings are available. I have a couple of friends who got out and make between 70 and 100K a year now. I'm just one of those lucky guys who made it much higher than them.

Yes I started undergrad school early...and with my deployments. my BS was not on time like I wanted it to be. I still did the mandatory residency at JMIC for my grad.

I will agree Private contractors hired more senior experience folks...but the drive now is three things; information, experience, and how up to date you are. Right now with the way the Intel field is...we don't have enough cleared personnel to fill the ranks so it falls on us younger guys to fill in.

I get this constantly when I appear at places..."him?" "you're kidding". I have to prove myself to the older folks. I'm sure most guys my age who hold positions considered way out of their league would agree with me 100%.

What is wrong with a 25 year old "Intelligence Consultant"? I'm sure plenty of people are "consultants" in their late twenties to early thirties. But it seems like you just don't understand...Iraq is the hotspot or focal point for the entire country. Intelligence is driving operations (Like it should be). Right now in the Intel field throughout the world, they do not have enough people to go through the amount of information available at the touch of a button. Regardless of the country there are just not enough qualified people in any country for the amount of work which is required. i.e. If you have 100 positions to fill and can only find 50 qualified personnel... most of them will be junior in their positions.

Another example is how far experience will take you right now in Intelligence Most junior and mid level positions do not require a degree, only experience. Intelligence is a different field than let's say a doctor. I would venture to say Intelligence is more attuned to IT in which experience counts a lot towards you actually getting a job.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #49
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
Yea...right...

You have people here who are 22 and 23 years old making 200K a year with their own company...sure you don't want to go that route? That way you can pick your own times and usually work at your own pace...with no superior to look over you.
Sounds much better than me...at times.

No because then I won't get to use this line....

" I'll have a Martini..shaken and not stir...."

10-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #50
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed328ci

I am sure that's not true...If you look at the intel Bush got for going into Iraq..I would think his "Intel" advisor just finished grade school..
      10-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #51
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
No because then I won't get to use this line....

" I'll have a Martini..shaken and not stir...."

That's mostly CIA...not me...never. I don't have what it takes to be a spy or conduct covert operations in another country. Those guys are in a league of their own and I respect them for what they do and what they have to go through. One mistake and you're dead...unlike me who usually sits in my office

The worst thing I could do is spill water on my computer and electrocute myself.

Some people here may consider that a blessing.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #52
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
I am sure that's not true...If you look at the intel Bush got for going into Iraq..I would think his "Intel" advisor just finished grade school..
LOL

Yea just blame it on the Intelligence...it's the catch all phrase now..."Intelligence failure".

Considering the former chief of staff told Rumsfield it would take about 350,000 to 500,000 to pacify Iraq...he's not far off...compared to the measly 150,000 troops we had there in 2003.

If only I could go back in time and correct a lot of mistakes I've seen. I'll say this...if there were no politics at all...this war would not be as bad now. (speaking on Iraq only)

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #53
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
LOL

Yea just blame it on the Intelligence...it's the catch all phrase now..."Intelligence failure".

Considering the former chief of staff told Rumsfield it would take about 350,000 to 500,000 to pacify Iraq...he's not far off...compared to the measly 150,000 troops we had there in 2003.

If only I could go back in time and correct a lot of mistakes I've seen. I'll say this...if there were no politics at all...this war would not be as bad now. (speaking on Iraq only)

Haha you know what they say.. it's easier to just blame then do something Seriously, you sound like an intelligent guy, that would leave me to believe you're not a Bush/Bush adminstration supporter then and your name last name isn't Rice

Last edited by ScBlacksunshine; 10-05-2006 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 08:23 PM   #54
em00guy
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima

I concur. JB you seem to be a bright fellow/gal. I do IT consulting now and it pays very well. I'm just tired of writing software to help teenagers get ringtones and crap like that. I thought consulting for the defense department would be an opprtunity to apply my capacities towards a more productive end such as helping disparate groups of people communicate better...So there is no longer any excuses for against proper diplomacy. I have a passion for Artificial intelligence, neural networks in general and cryptoanalysis. If you hear of even the slightest opprtunity. Let me know. GAWD this is an awesome thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #55
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

I just like to say, this is a lot of writing for a off-topic thread

Quote:
Not true anymore. Pull up Intelligence and see how many openings are available. I have a couple of friends who got out and make between 70 and 100K a year now. I'm just one of those lucky guys who made it much higher than them.

Yes I started undergrad school early...and with my deployments. my BS was not on time like I wanted it to be. I still did the mandatory residency at JMIC for my grad.

I will agree Private contractors hired more senior experience folks...but the drive now is three things; information, experience, and how up to date you are. Right now with the way the Intel field is...we don't have enough cleared personnel to fill the ranks so it falls on us younger guys to fill in.

I get this constantly when I appear at places..."him?" "you're kidding". I have to prove myself to the older folks. I'm sure most guys my age who hold positions considered way out of their league would agree with me 100%.

What is wrong with a 25 year old "Intelligence Consultant"? I'm sure plenty of people are "consultants" in their late twenties to early thirties. But it seems like you just don't understand...Iraq is the hotspot or focal point for the entire country. Intelligence is driving operations (Like it should be). Right now in the Intel field throughout the world, they do not have enough people to go through the amount of information available at the touch of a button. Regardless of the country there are just not enough qualified people in any country for the amount of work which is required. i.e. If you have 100 positions to fill and can only find 50 qualified personnel... most of them will be junior in their positions.

Another example is how far experience will take you right now in Intelligence Most junior and mid level positions do not require a degree, only experience. Intelligence is a different field than let's say a doctor. I would venture to say Intelligence is more attuned to IT in which experience counts a lot towards you actually getting a job.
      10-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #56
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

did you save it?
Quote:
      10-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #57
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
did you save it?
Sure did, it's yours for $5. That'll bring my average salary to $5!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #58
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
I just like to say, this is a lot of writing for a off-topic thread
In English we have more filler words and than your "pure" French, that you speak up North, hence the paragraphs.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #59
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

People speak french here? I thought they were just having siezures.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #60
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
hahahaha I think he is thinking of Quebec.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 06:36 AM   #61
JB 330ci
Resident "Spook"
Rep

Quote:
Both languages up north but if he is a French speaker I was poking fun at him. Saying something in French requires less words than saying the same thing in English a majority of the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 07:51 AM   #62
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I was being sarcastic guys... Look at my location.

No one in Toronto speaks french by the way, outside of Quebec it's pretty universally ignored/hated.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #63
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Im a part-time James Bond. In Australia they call me Croc Dundee.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #64
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep

Quote:
I was being sarcastic guys... Look at my location.

No one in Toronto speaks french by the way, outside of Quebec it's pretty universally ignored/hated.

French universally hated? That's news to me..since they're just non snoody, down to earth people
      10-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #65
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
French universally hated? That's news to me..since they're just non snoody, down to earth people
Oui Oui!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #66
DLJJ3399
Lack of charisma can be fatal...
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
I would think JB 330ci is telling the truth. Anyone here want to go to Iraq and get a job.

Hell, over 20 Americans were killed this week.

So it sounds like to me, that we're running out of people to fill the positions needed.

By the way, back to the original reason for the post.

I'll make 150k this year.

Next year who knows. Anything could happen.

BTW... I'm in advertising sales...