BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

12-06-2020, 04:34 AM   #23
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
For my 69 plate roadster, the offer is £721.48 for 60 months. These offers are all over the place...

VERY IMPORTANT:

Package validity:
The Service Inclusive validity period (duration and mileage) begins with the date of *****the first registration of the vehicle***** and ends with the expiry date or mileage, whichever comes first.
I think this is because after 2018 they stopped the service inclusive as standard with i8s, so 2019s didn't get it. I suspect my car was one of the last to get the 3 year bundled deal.

I get the feeling that the £8 offer to extend for 2 years was something to do with the existing 3 year service inclusive which to the system looked like it ran longer then it actually did?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 07:21 AM   #24
ericsi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On my 2nd i8 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolarBear View Post
I think this is because after 2018 they stopped the service inclusive as standard with i8s, so 2019s didn't get it. I suspect my car was one of the last to get the 3 year bundled deal.

I get the feeling that the £8 offer to extend for 2 years was something to do with the existing 3 year service inclusive which to the system looked like it ran longer then it actually did?
I think you are absolutely right.

Another oddity is that the £540 deal recently discussed here is underwritten by 3rd party Emac. Whilst the deal they offered on-line as part of black Friday offers was underwritten by BMW UK themselves.

All very confusing.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 07:25 AM   #25
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolarBear View Post

I think you are absolutely right.

Another oddity is that the £540 deal recently discussed here is underwritten by 3rd party Emac. Whilst the deal they offered on-line as part of black Friday offers was underwritten by BMW UK themselves.

All very confusing.
The extension on connected drive is basically an extension of service inclusive which is a BMW service. It's based entirely on CBS. If it says you need it, you get it. If you don't do the miles you don't qualify - it's use it or lose it.

Emac has an approximate schedule, but can be delayed. It's visit based rather than time or mileage based. Don't need it? Delay it. Want it earlier? Make sure you've paid enough and you can take it early.
Appreciate 0