11-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #1
sverre
Registered
Rep
Drives: IX xdrive40 on order

Mineral white with Oyster white?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I have to finalize my config in 1-2 days max, car is going in production earlier than expected.

Anyone else dares to go white/white?
With panoramic roof, the roof interior is black and white inside anyway. With M sports the outside is also black and white. I kind of like that.
I took 1012 rims, for the rest full option.

The alternatives I consider are pythonic blue/oyster white and mineral white/atelier black interior.

Who else? What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
NordicX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40

I think it black and white would naturally look great. My friend has a 5 series with white leather interior, black headliner and white paintwork with black details(kidney + shadowline) and it looks great.

When it comes to the Oyster interior it seems that both Autogefuhl and Carwow seemed to like that spec (with Oyster/light headliners). So I assume it looks great live, haven’t seen it life myself though. I went with Oyster+light headliner with Sophisto Grey(+ the titanium-bronze trim) with Sport package. I have 22” (silver) rims for summer tires and those 21” for winter, which you have. Very curious how the combo will look like in real life as there is some contrast between the colours. I hope it adds a nice luxurious touch to the car. I’ve had panorama roofs in several cars now, but decided not to take it for this one. So one of reasons to taking the light headliner is that it will be more light in the car vs the black headliner (excl panorama).

Preliminary delivery is projected to be mid-December.

I think you will be happy whichever of those two options you take. Why not even consider white+white headliner+oyster?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 02:34 PM   #3
finn123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sverre View Post
I have to finalize my config in 1-2 days max, car is going in production earlier than expected.

Anyone else dares to go white/white?
With panoramic roof, the roof interior is black and white inside anyway. With M sports the outside is also black and white. I kind of like that.
I took 1012 rims, for the rest full option.

The alternatives I consider are pythonic blue/oyster white and mineral white/atelier black interior.

Who else? What do you think?
White on white will look very good. I have an X5 mineral white with white interior (forget the name of the color )
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 04:02 AM   #4
sverre
Registered
Rep
Drives: IX xdrive40 on order

Thanks for the comments.

I'm just a bit concerned that the oyster white interior looks too "beige".
The dealer showed me oyster white on a non-IX but that looked so beige and I wonder if the colour depends on the car type. Like the X2 has Oyster Dakota.

Does anyone know some good pictures (not renderings) of a oyster white IX interior?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:28 AM   #5
Loco_iX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: IX

Remember that the “Sports” body kit will add smoked tail lights….
I’m still thinking about it, but may change it to all black (black wheels) outside with a mocha interior…
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 04:56 PM   #6
smiley47
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80,

I've heard a lot of comments regarding jeans rubbing off on white seats.
Appreciate 0