BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

08-22-2021, 01:16 PM   #23
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
Had a look at the German Website, they are sellling a rebranded third party charger which they say is able to charge the iX with 11kW.

German technical details also say 11kW charging, maybe US version is different idk.

BMW USA website also says 11kW? No idea where you came up with 7.4kW... Also says it in the press release on page 20, seems like you didn't read it. It also says 22kW will be coming as an option at a later date.
I stand corrected (and relieved).

I just paid to have a 60 amp circuit run to the garage with a ChargePoint Home Flex EVSE attached configured for 50 (actually 48) amp which is 11kW.

I was thrown off by the way the specs read. I thought the 11kW spec was for some kind of odd, three-phase supply called "Wallbox" and the commas meant you needed all three of the items in the list.

But both the US and worldwide press release specifically talk about 11kW charging for Level 2 EVSE on AC. In the US, that means single-phase supply.

Of course, the 22kW option means I need another piece of (expensive) electrical work. :-)

I'm beginning to think that the horsepower race is over -- now it's gonna be how many amps you can pump into your car and how much supply you have in your garage.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf The_first_ever_BMW_iX_Specifications.pdf (737.5 KB, 64 views)
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #24
Socaldriver
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
I get the electric part but the design of the front dash and exterior is just plain ugly. BMW needs to make the electric sedan or the IX look like the 5 series or the X5.
Appreciate 0