Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #155
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Disappointing for Bottas. Interesting to see what happened to his car - this would have been the race to show everyone that he isn't just second fiddle to Hamilton and that Mercedes really is the best but he couldn't do much today with whatever issues occurred at the start of the race.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #156
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
And in the end ...The HONDA PU took it anyway !

Great job Gasly !

Time for the "Marseillaise" !
Yeah well done Gas Gas!
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #157
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Great race.

Happy for gas and Sai. Nor, what happened buddy.

Hamilton proves that he is a monster on track, that recovery was fantastic.

Albon is going backwards after a strong start to the season.
yco5722.50
      09-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #158
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Disappointing for Bottas. Interesting to see what happened to his car - this would have been the race to show everyone that he isn't just second fiddle to Hamilton and that Mercedes really is the best but he couldn't do much today with whatever issues occurred at the start of the race.
Mate , as we know Bottas is a Viking .
But not on the track...

Toto can better give his seat to MAX . Fireworks and "BingoBalls" guaranteed !

HAM's nightmare

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58876.50
      09-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #159
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
And in the end ...The HONDA PU took it anyway !

Great job Gasly !

Time for the "Marseillaise" !
So as you say looks like BOT was screwed again by the red dots at start AND his race mode. What a piece of kaku wolf man is.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2020, 10:53 AM   #160
M5Rick
General
Rep

Well, no dark side bods on the podium, it's cause for some celebration and Schumi can breathe a temporary? sigh of relief to protect his record for longer.
Read that Max's PU didn't actually fail but was called in by his techs because of impending failure.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #161
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Yeah well done Gas Gas!
As for SEB my friend : Today SEB showed his outstanding driver skills !
Not meant like a joke , I'm serious ! He was able to stop his crappy car by driving through the whole Italian track 5H1T, while his rear brakes looked like fireworks !

Honestly , I would throw Binotto in front of SEB's car while his brake was on fire !
I wouldn't drive that car anymore ! If SEB had another car close in front of him , it would be a disaster followed by a big crash !

Congrats for SEB by saving his own A$$ and from the others as well !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58876.50
fanatic11018.50
      09-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #162
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
So as you say looks like BOT was screwed again by the red dots at start AND his race mode. What a piece of kaku wolf man is.
The Terminator had it too . But in his eye ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58876.50
      09-06-2020, 11:02 AM   #163
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
As for SEB my friend : Today SEB showed his outstanding driver skills !
Not meant like a joke , I'm serious ! He was able to stop his crappy car by driving through the whole Italian track 5H1T, while his rear brakes looked like fireworks !

Honestly , I would throw Binotto in front of SEB's car while his brake was on fire !
I wouldn't drive that car anymore ! If SEB had another car close in front of him , it would be a disaster followed by a big crash !

Congrats for SEB by saving his own A$$ and the others as well !
...and he saved the car without a scratch unlike Lecrunch who wrote his off.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 11:07 AM   #164
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

such an extraordinary race it was..

well done to Gasly and Alpha Tauri..
Italian team won in Italian GP but not Ferrari.. wondering what Italian Press will write today and tomorrow.. they may get harsh on Ferrari..
Vettel's brake failure at least didnt occur on somewhere worse at least it could be nasty otherwise.. Leclerc was doing some nice overtakes like 2 Alfa Romeos in 500 meters but since he had to push too hard car gave up basically.. im glad he is ok though..
i guess DNF was better for Ferraris than finishing somewhere between 12-15th anyway..

for Merc's.. rules are rules but next year FIA definitely should put a board on pit lane entry as well just like in the pit lane exit.. there is a reason why traffic lights are not 200m before junctions.. and since Alfa Romeo did the same mistake it means its not only because Merc's distraction.. 20% of the grid did the same thing teamswise.. and Merc' was the first to react to SC.. there should be a better solution for this since closing the pit lane on SC was in the past and not anymore.. putting couple of X's on the outer side of the last corner clearly is not enough.. couldnt understand why stewards wanted to push the car to the pitlane instead of rolling 20 meters back as well.. whole situation was weird.. anyways..
pretty nice recovery from Lewis' collected much points as possible while dealing with overheating issues as well.. and since Merc's were in last 5 of speed traps on quali gives a clear picture how well he managed to go up again.. but he might be a bit angry to Bono at the moment.. Bottas caught napping at the start and seems he had too much inner talks during the race that he was invisible during the race.. he was looking a bit detached from the world..

McLarens were looking good all weekend and as Sainz said they probably d be on the podium even if Lewis wouldnt knocked out.. great for Sainz that with no engine mod ban we could have see more overtakes.. and GG from Lando as well he did some nice overtaking..

i guess Stroll blew his chance that actually it was the very moment he could prove he deserves to be in that seat.. he got faster this season surely but he had to deliver the best at this race but it didnt work.. a podium for him is good at the end anyway as it served on a plate to him a bit..

Red Bulls werent not looking strong at all this weekend maybe because of the engine mode ban affected their car more.. unfortunately Albon really squeezed couldnt remember who and that took him out of the race basically.. it was clearly his fault..
but lets not forget its his only 2nd season..

Renaults were looking stronger in quali than race day.. i was expecting some real late braking action from Ricciardo but it seems he didnt have the machinery to perform such moves.. but he took the car to best possible position anyway..

as reverse grid was being discussed during the show.. im 100% against reverse grid cause best package should be on the front as car and driver..its not right to win races by luck or something... and if there ll be 2 races, first with quali results and second one based on race 1 result reversed than it can be but as long as it is 1 race it d be ridiculous.. and if there ll be 2 races they cant call it grand prix anyway..

Quote:
HAM 15th .Show us now the Party-Mode mate ...
he did show mate.. collected almost the same points with Bottas that didnt have to lose 30 seconds in total in the pitlane.. its a difference between fast driver and top-notch driver in the same car.. almost second avg on each lap and eaten 8-9 cars thats why he is Lewis'..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
interestingly Alpha Tauris are looking stronger than ever here even not that behind Red Bull.. before the session ended Norris put together a neat lap that maybe its a signal that McLarens will be on stage as well this weekend..

09-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #165
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

I'm so happy for Pierre !

Appreciate 6
yco5722.50
M5Rick58876.50
EdM53852.50
fanatic11018.50
phoenx331.50
      09-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #166
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

it was looking like disaster for Gasly demoted from Red Bull but he had his best chance so far instead..
MKSixer34171.50
      09-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #167
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26653199]I'm so happy for Pierre !

The win was well deserved by Gas especially after his home was burgled when away.
Appreciate 3
fanatic11018.50
MKSixer34171.50
      09-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #168
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
such an extraordinary race it was..

well done to Gasly and Alpha Tauri..
Italian team won in Italian GP but not Ferrari.. wondering what Italian Press will write today and tomorrow.. they may get harsh on Ferrari..
Vettel's brake failure at least didnt occur on somewhere worse at least it could be nasty otherwise.. Leclerc was doing some nice overtakes like 2 Alfa Romeos in 500 meters but since he had to push too hard car gave up basically.. im glad he is ok though..
i guess DNF was better for Ferraris than finishing somewhere between 12-15th anyway..

for Merc's.. rules are rules but next year FIA definitely should put a board on pit lane entry as well just like in the pit lane exit.. there is a reason why traffic lights are not 200m before junctions.. and since Alfa Romeo did the same mistake it means its not only because Merc's distraction.. 20% of the grid did the same thing teamswise.. and Merc' was the first to react to SC.. there should be a better solution for this since closing the pit lane on SC was in the past and not anymore.. putting couple of X's on the outer side of the last corner clearly is not enough.. couldnt understand why stewards wanted to push the car to the pitlane instead of rolling 20 meters back as well.. whole situation was weird.. anyways..
pretty nice recovery from Lewis' collected much points as possible while dealing with overheating issues as well.. and since Merc's were in last 5 of speed traps on quali gives a clear picture how well he managed to go up again.. but he might be a bit angry to Bono at the moment.. Bottas caught napping at the start and seems he had too much inner talks during the race that he was invisible during the race.. he was looking a bit detached from the world..

McLarens were looking good all weekend and as Sainz said they probably d be on the podium even if Lewis wouldnt knocked out.. great for Sainz that with no engine mod ban we could have see more overtakes.. and GG from Lando as well he did some nice overtaking..

i guess Stroll blew his chance that actually it was the very moment he could prove he deserves to be in that seat.. he got faster this season surely but he had to deliver the best at this race but it didnt work.. a podium for him is good at the end anyway as it served on a plate to him a bit..

Red Bulls werent not looking strong at all this weekend maybe because of the engine mode ban affected their car more.. unfortunately Albon really squeezed couldnt remember who and that took him out of the race basically.. it was clearly his fault..
but lets not forget its his only 2nd season..

Renaults were looking stronger in quali than race day.. i was expecting some real late braking action from Ricciardo but it seems he didnt have the machinery to perform such moves.. but he took the car to best possible position anyway..

as reverse grid was being discussed during the show.. im 100% against reverse grid cause best package should be on the front as car and driver..its not right to win races by luck or something... and if there ll be 2 races, first with quali results and second one based on race 1 result reversed than it can be but as long as it is 1 race it d be ridiculous.. and if there ll be 2 races they cant call it grand prix anyway..

he did show mate.. collected almost the same points with Bottas that didnt have to lose 30 seconds in total in the pitlane.. its a difference between fast driver and top-notch driver in the same car.. almost second avg on each lap and eaten 8-9 cars thats why he is Lewis'..

Such an extraordinary race ?
Are you serious mate ? Did we watched the same race ?
From what I saw . It was Italian madness ...

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #169
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Such an extraordinary race ?
Are you serious mate ? Did we watched the same race ?
From what I saw . It was Italian madness ...
lost in translation maybe mate?
      09-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #170
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Pierre said : "OMG" !!!

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58876.50
      09-06-2020, 11:29 AM   #171
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
lost in translation maybe mate?
No way mate . I was thinking about SEB !
That's why I said : "Italian Madness" !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58876.50
      09-06-2020, 11:35 AM   #172
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The Monza pitlane from today..

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58876.50
yco5722.50
      09-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #173
M5Rick
General
Rep

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26653266]Pierre said : "OMG" !!!

Winner of the crazy Monza GP,he can't believe it Oh My Pierre!!
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #174
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

jkoral1016.00
fanatic11018.50
      09-06-2020, 11:36 AM   #175
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

HAM's reaction after the race ..

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58876.50
      09-06-2020, 11:40 AM   #176
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Yeah .That was the home-race...Mate !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58876.50