12-03-2021, 11:34 AM   #24
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_N_C View Post
Any plans for bbk?
Is there demand for a BBK? First time I've heard anyone asking about one on this car...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 12:24 PM   #25
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Is there demand for a BBK? First time I've heard anyone asking about one on this car...
I don't think i3 owners need better brakes, but some i3 owners would like brakes that look bigger. The stock ones look very tiny inside those tall wheels.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 08:54 AM   #26
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Quote:
I don't think i3 owners need better brakes, but some i3 owners would like brakes that look bigger. The stock ones look very tiny inside those tall wheels.
Yep need something to look pretty inside
Those monstrous 20" rims!

Theirs some that say it's based off the mini brake system.

So their may be a kit out their that works but the problem is the standard 20" wheel may accept the bigger caliper but the i3S rim is much thicker so theirs no depth for a thicker mono block caliper, however with spacers you get some of that space back.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 08:56 AM   #27
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Any plans for bbk?
Build it and they will
Come !

Lol.

It's a limited market but like a lot of
People they don't know yet what they need until they see a hot setup and are like yep gonna do that!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #28
T_N_C
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E63 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Quote:

So their may be a kit out their that works but the problem is the standard 20" wheel may accept the bigger caliper but the i3S rim is much thicker so theirs no depth for a thicker mono block caliper, however with spacers you get some of that space back.
This info comes from that the rears are shared with MINI and many other BMWs that have electronic parking brakes.

The fronts though seem unique to i3 only.

I wanted the BMW Performance 6pistons found on 135i & MINI GP2. With that said this caliper fits many other unofficial MINI and BMW as well so I bought a 128i front caliper (which has same mounting holes as above) and the bolt hole distance is too far off.

The I3 center to center for the caliper mounting holes are about 137mm apart. This is as far as I got.

Not even worried about the wheel clearance yet lol as that can be as simple as using wheel spacers for clearance.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:33 AM   #29
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Quote:

This info comes from that the rears are shared with MINI and many other BMWs that have electronic parking brakes.

The fronts though seem unique to i3 only.

I wanted the BMW Performance 6pistons found on 135i & MINI GP2. With that said this caliper fits many other unofficial MINI and BMW as well so I bought a 128i front caliper (which has same mounting holes as above) and the bolt hole distance is too far off.

The I3 center to center for the caliper mounting holes are about 137mm apart. This is as far as I got.

Not even worried about the wheel clearance yet lol as that can be as simple as using wheel spacers for clearance.
I've heard the i8 uses a narrow mono block caliper.

Wonder if it's narrower than the 135i caliper.

However it's all just hearsay as I have no time at the moment to play.

Also it's possible to probably just build a custom rotor from Willwood or something pretty easily. Then the same fir the caliper. May just need a milled aluminum bracket to bring it home.

I could see maybe even having a 2 piece stock size rotor would be nice as a weight savings over stock. Solid steel rotor. .........
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #30
T_N_C
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E63 M6

The i8 are the same as the M sport 4-piston Brembo calipers found in all the F chassis.

If someone has one laying around if they can measure the mounting hole spacing it would be start.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 10:47 AM   #31
Obioban
Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Not at all. Just took longer than expected.

Carbon fibre parts will be ready this month. Springs are available now and we are also working with Bilstein to make some dampers. We have the prototypes on our car and they are fantastic in terms of ride and handling.
What are the frequencies of your springs when installed on a BEV? How much bump travel when paired with your Bilstein dampers?

The i3 really needs a good suspension option! The stock setup ain't it, and I haven't been able to find anything on the aftermarket, so I'm really hoping you have something compelling here!

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 05:59 AM   #32
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
What are the frequencies of your springs when installed on a BEV? How much bump travel when paired with your Bilstein dampers?

The i3 really needs a good suspension option! The stock setup ain't it, and I haven't been able to find anything on the aftermarket, so I'm really hoping you have something compelling here!
I'll have more detail closer to official release.

If you would like to try them out shoot me a PM or email. I feel like you'll be a good tester for us in the USA.
Appreciate 0