Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

11-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #89
finn123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Hmm, Delivery in December 2022?? In the US we still cannot place an actual order. I wonder how the allocations will work? Technically a delivery in 2023 still qualifies as "After June 2022" which is all the info I have at this point. My 335D with 120K miles will be needing some repairs by then (think I need a VC gasket).
Well, they said they don’t have any allocations yet. I guess they just play safe otherwise they will have problems with our consumers’ protection.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #90
finn123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Looks like my planned order only my color is Tanzanite. I like dark blue and no frozen.

Our order bank isn't open in the US but I placed a deposit same day they started taking them. Presumably my allocation is early spring. We'll see if they messed that up.... God I hope not.
I hope we get our electric m cars earlier (if bmw manages the high demand well)
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2021, 02:44 AM   #91
taitam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 X-Drive 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric2021 View Post
Well, they said they don’t have any allocations yet. I guess they just play safe otherwise they will have problems with our consumers’ protection.
I was in discussion with my dealer yesterday and he will be sending my order form to me in a day or two, and once I sign and return, I should have my order date.

G 82 M4 X-Drive Aventurine Red III
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 05:15 PM   #92
W0ut
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 xdrive45e

Talked with my dealer today (quite large one, has >6 concessions all over Belgium)

All their 2022 i4 50M 'production slots' are already sold. A few i4 40 left. Same story in other Belgian concessions. My dealer hopes on increased production and extra production slots.

He had quite a few iX in stock. He never saw so much interest in a new model before the actual release of it. People are buying them without seeing / test driving.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #93
kbsilver
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340GT & '22 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0ut View Post
People are buying them without seeing / test driving.
Yep, and I'm one of them. But if you look at the 4 series Grand Coupe, it basically the same car with an ICE (and about 800 lbs. lighter).

I've been told that on Nov 18th, the dealers in the USA will be able to see the production slots for those who pre-ordered.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 05:33 PM   #94
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Yep, and I'm one of them. But if you look at the 4 series Grand Coupe, it basically the same car with an ICE (and about 800 lbs. lighter).
Who has those? Our dealers don't yet.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:49 AM   #95
kbsilver
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Who has those? Our dealers don't yet.
I've not seen it in the flesh (will be at the dealer in a week), but according to their inventory list, they have some 4 series grand coupe's in stock, including one in a potential color combo I'm thinking of, Brooklyn Grey with Red Leather.

In north NJ, most dealers in the area are 30 minutes away from the Port of NJ where the cars come in. From a tour of the facility I've learned they can turn cars around in as little as 24 hours once the ship comes in. BMW has a dedicated berth in NJ and is not subject to the congestion of general container shipping traffic.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 10:04 AM   #96
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

I was in Sacramento, CA last night and saw a carrier in front of a restaurant with 440 iX Gran Coupes and M4 cara.

Destined for Tacoma, Washington according to the window tag.
      11-14-2021, 10:05 AM   #97
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I was in Sacramento, CA last night and saw a carrier in front of a restaurant with 440 iX Gran Coupes and M4 cara.

And the carrier.
      11-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #98
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

And the carrier.
It was Deluxe Auto Carriers

It's on the tag I posted.
      11-17-2021, 01:59 PM   #99
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi e-Tron

My dealer thinks the ordering site will go live on Friday. I know someone was told Thursday, so who knows.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 02:59 PM   #100
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
My dealer thinks the ordering site will go live on Friday. I know someone was told Thursday, so who knows.
My dealer said Nov. 18.
I have an appointment to sign my build sheet tomorrow.
      11-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #101
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Techwhiz, I thought this could be done all online. Do you need to visit the dealer? I was at the dealer yesterday and we went over and checked the build sheet, but he never asked me to sign anything and implied I could finish up online.

I also asked him whether when you first reserved is that the spot that's held or is it after you do this upcoming 'final build'. IOW if you do this final build a day late, does that drop you behind others that did it a day earlier? Not sure if I'm explaining this right.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 06:31 PM   #102
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Techwhiz, I thought this could be done all online. Do you need to visit the dealer? I was at the dealer yesterday and we went over and checked the build sheet, but he never asked me to sign anything and implied I could finish up online.

I also asked him whether when you first reserved is that the spot that's held or is it after you do this upcoming 'final build'. IOW if you do this final build a day late, does that drop you behind others that did it a day earlier? Not sure if I'm explaining this right.
Hi,

I have a special request to see if I can get 4M5 which is the leather dash.

The pre-order got you a place in line. Options or paint color may have that change
      11-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #103
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

The pre-order got you a place in line. Options or paint color may have that change
I’m going with the metallic white, so I’d assume that wouldn’t hold it up. I’m also ordering the oyster interior, so that might be more of an issue.

BTW, the dealer told me yesterday that almost all new BMWs, regardless of model, are coming in with no power seats due to the chip shortage. You either take the car or you don’t. He had no idea what would happen with the i4.

I’m still not sure if I can complete the order online or if I need to go back to the dealer. He said nothing about that so I assumed I could do it online.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 08:19 PM   #104
kbsilver
Captain
Rep

No power memory seats would be a deal breaker. My wife and I trade cars all the time and she is much shorter. Hopefully they just make it an option and lower the base price of the car by $401.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 09:08 PM   #105
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

I’m going with the metallic white, so I’d assume that wouldn’t hold it up. I’m also ordering the oyster interior, so that might be more of an issue.

BTW, the dealer told me yesterday that almost all new BMWs, regardless of model, are coming in with no power seats due to the chip shortage. You either take the car or you don’t. He had no idea what would happen with the i4.

I’m still not sure if I can complete the order online or if I need to go back to the dealer. He said nothing about that so I assumed I could do it online.
I haven't seen anything about that on the order guide.

Item 459 is power front seats standard.
      11-17-2021, 10:11 PM   #106
Ken7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I haven't seen anything about that on the order guide.

Item 459 is power front seats standard.
That’s the problem, people have ordered the cars with either power seats standard or an option and both have been coming in with manual. This is across the board, amazing! He had 2 new 4 series Grand Coupes and both had manual seats! I sat in the unsold one as the other was being prepped. When I asked him what people have been doing, he responded, ‘if they want a car they take it’.

I don’t know what I’d do. Imagine waiting 6-12 months for a car and then it comes in with manual seats. I’ve heard of some companies having issues where no HUD is there despite having been ordered. Tesla is delivering cars with no USB ports, just holes. It’s nuts.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 12:27 PM   #107
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xdrive, GT350

Quote:

My dealer just emailed me my iX sheet and I sent a response back to fix an item - they sent back the sheet - I approved it. I don't think it's much more than the process that the dealer wants to do. Hoping for my i4 sheet to be emailed to me this morning.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 12:30 PM   #108
daswartz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xdrive, GT350

Quote:

Ken, I know that they are cutting items out of many models due to the chip shortage, but I did read that BMW said they would not short features to US buyers on the i4 or iX. It wouldn't be the best way to roll out a new line for them. If either my i4 or iX are delivered with anything less than what I specified, they can sell them to someone else.
Appreciate 1
Ken732.00
      11-19-2021, 01:04 PM   #109
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daswartz View Post
Quote:

Ken, I know that they are cutting items out of many models due to the chip shortage, but I did read that BMW said they would not short features to US buyers on the i4 or iX. It wouldn't be the best way to roll out a new line for them. If either my i4 or iX are delivered with anything less than what I specified, they can sell them to someone else.
Yeah, they haven't eliminated anything from the ordering guides.

They would have already said something as they did with other models. Like someone else said. of it shows up with less than I ordered; it can be someone else's car.

Since it is a limited number of cars, I think they can manage or actually they managed by the number of builds they would take.
      11-19-2021, 05:06 PM   #110
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Sorry if it's covered before - anyone have a link to the i4 order/pricing guide for US?
Appreciate 0