06-30-2021, 02:15 PM   #5897
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yep I saw that sauce at a Publix a few weeks ago and was surprised.
Imagine MY surprise when I saw it in my fridge
Unfortunately, it seemed to be some mouse-turd version
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 02:18 PM   #5898
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Why is it a good song? I just listened tot the Calvin Harris "I'm not alone" and I don't think I'll ever understand this genre.
Well, you said it right there. You clearly don't like this genre of music. It's not a matter of lyrics or any particularly deep meaning behind the tracks, they are feel-good and get you pumped up. This type of music is good for working out IMO.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25258.00
      06-30-2021, 02:19 PM   #5899
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I confess that today was my first day back in a gym in a year. Even still, I'm in better shape than 95% of the people here (…#blackgeneticsmatter J/K). I guess COVID wasn't too bad for me. Lol!

Listening to Deadmau5's "I'm Not Alone" and really feelin' myself.
It's amazing to me how many people did absolutely nothing once they couldn't go to the gym besides sit home and eat/drink.

I worked from home for a few months, and was probably more active than I ever had been before.
Yeah it's crazy! I was riding canyons so much during the pandemic. No cars anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 02:21 PM   #5900
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it's crazy! I was riding canyons so much during the pandemic. No cars anywhere.
Stop! You're making me jealous. If there's something I really miss about Cali it's the great places to drive, especially the canyons.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25258.00
      06-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #5901
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
Did you know they sell that sexy bastard in grocery stores now? Got myself a bottle for foreplay and another for my food
Add a longneck PBR and it's a sure thing!
      06-30-2021, 03:02 PM   #5902
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Well, you said it right there. You clearly don't like this genre of music. It's not a matter of lyrics or any particularly deep meaning behind the tracks, they are feel-good and get you pumped up. This type of music is good for working out IMO.
True, but the reason I don't like it is because it seems like a cop out to me. I think I would like the genre if there was some actual thought and effort, rather than just hold on to a few words and sing them over and over. When that happens I just assume they are taking the easy way out, or the artist thinks their audience is so dumb that they need to repeat themselves over and over so the point sinks in. And I suspect its the former where they just don't want to put in any more effort than is absolutely necessary.

So we've established I don't like it, and why, but I'm curious - what about it to you makes you "feel good"? Is it the beat? Is it the lyrics? Is it something else that I'm just not even comprehending because I'm blinded by my dislike for repetitive lyrics?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 03:23 PM   #5903
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
True, but the reason I don't like it is because it seems like a cop out to me. I think I would like the genre if there was some actual thought and effort, rather than just hold on to a few words and sing them over and over. When that happens I just assume they are taking the easy way out, or the artist thinks their audience is so dumb that they need to repeat themselves over and over so the point sinks in. And I suspect its the former where they just don't want to put in any more effort than is absolutely necessary....?
Wait.
You posted Tom MacDonald. And you're questioning others for their taste in music?
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12808.50
      06-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #5904
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Why is it a good song? I just listened tot the Calvin Harris "I'm not alone" and I don't think I'll ever understand this genre.
Exactly! On the racetrack the EDM music is like adrenaline. It's either that or 90's grunge bumping in my helmet or my car speakers. Put on "Falling in love with Brazil" or "Fell on Black Days"…..and I'm off. Both of those tracks are my starter tracks of their respective playlists.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12808.50
      06-30-2021, 04:20 PM   #5905
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
True, but the reason I don't like it is because it seems like a cop out to me. I think I would like the genre if there was some actual thought and effort, rather than just hold on to a few words and sing them over and over. When that happens I just assume they are taking the easy way out, or the artist thinks their audience is so dumb that they need to repeat themselves over and over so the point sinks in. And I suspect its the former where they just don't want to put in any more effort than is absolutely necessary.

So we've established I don't like it, and why, but I'm curious - what about it to you makes you "feel good"? Is it the beat? Is it the lyrics? Is it something else that I'm just not even comprehending because I'm blinded by my dislike for repetitive lyrics?
Well, it's not a cop out IMO. It's simply the type of music and if it works and attracts a huge audience (it does), why not?

For me personally, I love the beat and if you're familiar with Deadmau5 (you should be as a Canadian ), this track has a particular sound to it that is very Deadmau5-like. Honestly I hadn't listened to this particular track in a long time but when I saw it referenced by Sedan_Clan it reminded me that it's a good track. Notice I don't say "song". It was released way back in 2009. It also debuted at #1 in the UK when it was released. As Sedan also mentioned in a follow-up response, it's great for driving too. High BPM tracks are great if you're tracking a car or simply cruising at a steady clip on a nice canyon-carving environment. I really enjoy it when I get the chance to drive on the Autobahn in Germany. The adrenaline is awesome.

For me personally, I like a broad range of music but I really enjoy electronic based music whether it's EDM, House, or chill type tunes. I even like a genre referred to as Future Garage. I dabble in electronic music as a hobby and electronic music is something I've liked since being a little kid (Tangerine Dream[Germany]) was perhaps the first electronic music band that I liked. They did a ton of scores for movies way back and I owned a bunch of their albums on vinyl. "Risky Business" is a good example of music scores by Tangerine Dream and I was delighted to find another electronic music artist that has revived some of that band's music with his own flare (artist called "State Azure" out of the UK). I have posted these tunes on the separate music mega thread (I've posted a ton there).

Example (nice relaxing electronic and nostalgic):

Now to the point of listening to songs or artists that are filled with politics, screw that. I want to ENJOY music, not get pissed or annoyed by it. We get enough of that shit in our daily lives.

Hope my long winded response answers your question.
Appreciate 3
Littlebear3511.50
Joekerr7939.00
      06-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #5906
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Blah blah blah
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3511.50
      06-30-2021, 04:51 PM   #5907
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Dana Perino is hottt
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #5908
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Dana Perino is hottt
Doc watches The Five!
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7568.50
      06-30-2021, 05:03 PM   #5909
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Exactly! On the racetrack the EDM music is like adrenaline. It's either that or 90's grunge bumping in my helmet or my car speakers. Put on "Falling in love with Brazil" or "Fell on Black Days"…..and I'm off. Both of those tracks are my starter tracks of their respective playlists.
Chris Cornell! That voice
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25258.00
TiMSport12808.50
      06-30-2021, 05:58 PM   #5910
zhangzheng
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB C63 507

i need a carfax done so i made an account but now am browsing endlessly in the vehicle classifieds... waht have i done
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 06:00 PM   #5911
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well, it's not a cop out IMO. It's simply the type of music and if it works and attracts a huge audience (it does), why not?

For me personally, I love the beat and if you're familiar with Deadmau5 (you should be as a Canadian ), this track has a particular sound to it that is very Deadmau5-like. Honestly I hadn't listened to this particular track in a long time but when I saw it referenced by Sedan_Clan it reminded me that it's a good track. Notice I don't say "song". It was released way back in 2009. It also debuted at #1 in the UK when it was released. As Sedan also mentioned in a follow-up response, it's great for driving too. High BPM tracks are great if you're tracking a car or simply cruising at a steady clip on a nice canyon-carving environment. I really enjoy it when I get the chance to drive on the Autobahn in Germany. The adrenaline is awesome.

For me personally, I like a broad range of music but I really enjoy electronic based music whether it's EDM, House, or chill type tunes. I even like a genre referred to as Future Garage. I dabble in electronic music as a hobby and electronic music is something I've liked since being a little kid (Tangerine Dream[Germany]) was perhaps the first electronic music band that I liked. They did a ton of scores for movies way back and I owned a bunch of their albums on vinyl. "Risky Business" is a good example of music scores by Tangerine Dream and I was delighted to find another electronic music artist that has revived some of that band's music with his own flare (artist called "State Azure" out of the UK). I have posted these tunes on the separate music mega thread (I've posted a ton there).

Example (nice relaxing electronic and nostalgic):

Now to the point of listening to songs or artists that are filled with politics, screw that. I want to ENJOY music, not get pissed or annoyed by it. We get enough of that shit in our daily lives.

Hope my long winded response answers your question.
Yeah, that's helpful, gives me some understanding, appreciate the time you took!
Appreciate 3
TiMSport12808.50
Sedan_Clan25258.00
King Rudi13159.00
      06-30-2021, 06:03 PM   #5912
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Wait.
You posted Tom MacDonald. And you're questioning others for their taste in music?
Correct. And not questioning as in saying they are wrong. Questioning to understand *why* it does something for them when it does nothing for me. Because I'm curious.

Would you like to lie down on the couch and tell us how you feel about Tom Macdonald? It's ok, you can tell us, we're all therapists here.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 06:04 PM   #5913
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangzheng View Post
i need a carfax done so i made an account but now am browsing endlessly in the vehicle classifieds... waht have i done
Are you looking at a… BMW? Or a Toyota Corolla
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      06-30-2021, 07:43 PM   #5914
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Would you like to lie down on the couch and tell us how you feel about Tom Macdonald? It's ok, you can tell us, we're all therapists here.
Trust me, I would hate to hear anything about you & that lil' Q-tee.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 08:09 PM   #5915
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Trust me, I would hate to hear anything about you & that lil' Q-tee.
That's a start at least, remember, this is a non judgmental zone you are in right now. Please, lie back, get comfortable, and tell us more about how you really feel.

And just for clarification, please tell your current therapist as to whether the term "Q-tee" is slang for "cutie" just so we can make accurate notes and ultimately the most likely prognosis.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 08:12 PM   #5916
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's a start at least, remember, this is a non judgmental zone you are in right now. Please, lie back, get comfortable, and tell us more about how you really feel.

And just for clarification, please tell your current therapist as to whether the term "Q-tee" is slang for "cutie" just so we can make accurate notes and ultimately the most likely prognosis.
Good & cute. Empty.

Enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 08:38 PM   #5917
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
we're all therapists here.
Therapists, right. You mean the kind with a space between "the" and "rapists"
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7568.50
      06-30-2021, 08:41 PM   #5918
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Therapists, right. You mean the kind with a space between "the" and "rapists"
I totally trust the esteemed practitioners here.
Appreciate 0