Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

04-02-2022, 08:15 PM   #23
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer666 View Post
Nahlem I'm going to do similar things as you, including debadging. Do you know what they used to remove the glue ?
I've debadged a number of my cars, and removed MP parts before. Badges can typically be removed with fishing line and adhesive remover/goo gone/WD-40. Whatever residual adhesive is left can be removed with a mf towel and a bit of detailing spray or even some isopropyl alcohol. Very quick and easy.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-02-2022, 08:19 PM   #24
cruzer666
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
Quote:
Nahlem I'm going to do similar things as you, including debadging. Do you know what they used to remove the glue ?
I've debadged a number of my cars, and removed MP parts before. Badges can typically be removed with fishing line and adhesive remover/goo gone/WD-40. Whatever residual adhesive is left can be removed with a mf towel and a bit of detailing spray or even some isopropyl alcohol. Very quick and easy.
I've removed things with WD-40 (tree sap) and Goo Gone (tape residue). I've seen some videos online where Goo Gone hasn't worked so good for debadging, and there are certain people that show really good results with adhesive remover. Which brand did you use?
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-02-2022, 08:39 PM   #25
russell21
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 440i

what is the blue car in your garage i've never seen that kind of wagon in the states must be a European car ? Love your Bmw
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-02-2022, 08:59 PM   #26
X4/i4
Rep
Drives: Bmw x 4 m40i

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/a...1&d=1648951005
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-02-2022, 09:02 PM   #27
X4/i4
Rep
Drives: Bmw x 4 m40i

20 in wheel available in Aus
Our cars re highly specified as illustrated
My only options were 20 in wheel
A pack which includes shadowline m sport belts
Also got the m sport seats
Have it loaded already on my bmw app
My car is 24% charge
W t f ?
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-02-2022, 09:07 PM   #28
435GranC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i GranCoupe

Awesome color
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-02-2022, 10:40 PM   #29
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I've removed things with WD-40 (tree sap) and Goo Gone (tape residue). I've seen some videos online where Goo Gone hasn't worked so good for debadging, and there are certain people that show really good results with adhesive remover. Which brand did you use?
I like the 3M adhesive remover. Spray, let it sit a good 30 seconds, and most adhesive will come right off.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-03-2022, 01:30 AM   #30
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix3

Quote:
That Kia wagon though. Looks sharp!
In Apple car play, it helps deleting Spotify from the CarPlay apps. Then the car-Spotify works, and I believe sound quality is even better. Maybe this is possible with android too?
      04-03-2022, 03:54 AM   #31
Barnsleyshaun
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330E MSport

I originally ordered portimao and changed to Brooklyn at the last minute, this post has made me happy - the car looks great, congrats.
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-03-2022, 04:52 AM   #32
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Oh trust me there’s a lot of BMW magic in there, I came out of an M5 and I’m enjoying this much more than it which is shocking me. I’m new to electric but you very quickly realise how polished their power delivery is and just how buttery smooth.

I was very lucky that the guy who stalled mine lived 3 minutes away so he came the weekend before I collected the car. Mine is exterior on the garage wall so I was happy the unit I had has an app that I can lock it when away on holidays so no f’er could charge up at my expense.
Oh that is good to hear i am hoping for many happy miles in this car. From the little i have felt it really does feel like a proper car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
You call that a messy garage?! That is very clean and tidy. I will show you a messy garage
Haha this is messy for being me i tend to try to keep it even more tidy and neat i mean a mans garage is his heaven ;-) Although i do have plans in the future to maybe build a 2nd floor on the garage where i can install my own home gym and a gaming place but that is for the future to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4/i4 View Post
I have mine on water same color .your photos have my anticipation go up a few notches
One of the things I was concerned about ,were the surrounds on the grill.in some cars it looks grey ,yours look black which I much prefer.
Did it come like that or did you modify
How do you find ride comfort
Mine has the m sport seats ,what do you have ?
The colour is great it has such presence in different shade and sunlight i really like that about the colour.

I have the extended shadow line trim on it so the grill gets darker. The ride is very comfortable. Its the regular seats i have chosen, They feel very good they ain't as enclosing as the M-Sport seats but for me they are perfect, But the looks of the M-Sport ones are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Option 7M9, Extended Shadow line trim is the gloss back grill, front air ducts and exterior mirror caps.
Exactly i also went with the carbon fibre exterior pack witch changes mirrors, diffuser and front duct intakes to carbon fibre and adds the carbon fibre spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Very cool. Congrats!
Thanks a lot :-)

Quote:
I let my dealer to that when it arrived this time they did it without a cost so and it helps so i don't mess anything up and it made the car get a very nice and clean back end and easier to maintain later on during winter :-)

Quote:
That Kia wagon though. Looks sharp!
I know right All-though Wifey loves her blue smurf so that is nice, But i have to say from 2013 to 2020 KIA have stepped up their game rather much, she had a Kia Ceed from 2013 and then traded that for this and the difference in quality is amazing. And also nice that she has the wagon so i have an excuse to say well you have the wagon its easier to load that one .

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell21 View Post
what is the blue car in your garage i've never seen that kind of wagon in the states must be a European car ? Love your Bmw
Hey thanks, Its a Kia Ceed from 2020 PHEV so the wifey can drive on electric to and from work, we had also hers car as a primary for longer travels sens i had the i3 before my i4 now, but now we can use both from longer travels if we want to :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435GranC View Post
Awesome color
It is a good colour idd BMW did a great job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brheik View Post
In Apple car play, it helps deleting Spotify from the CarPlay apps. Then the car-Spotify works, and I believe sound quality is even better. Maybe this is possible with android too?
You are right this might be the issue causing it thanks i will try this solution and see if it helps solve that minor annoyance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilsBMW View Post
Something I would love.
Well so far every time i take it out for a spin it makes me a a bit happier, so it is doing something right for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsleyshaun View Post
I originally ordered portimao and changed to Brooklyn at the last minute, this post has made me happy - the car looks great, congrats.
I was thinking first to go with the Blue one but my wife has her KIA in blue so i din't want to go for that, then i thought about the frozen blue but i just didn't have the guts to go with a matte paint, for those who do they are brave souls out there. So it landed in the end on the Brooklyn Grey, i always loved the M2 Competition with that colour but i thought always it will do a lot more on a car that is a tad bigger then the M2. So i am very happy with my choice. And i am sure you will be too.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 09:58 AM   #33
JMD
MGySgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
I hope to be driving a BMW i4 (...hopefully, an iX too) in a few days at one of BMW's driving events.
      04-03-2022, 02:34 PM   #34
Nick Daffern
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5MC

Do you know the part numbers for the Heritage badges? THX
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 05:43 PM   #35
Norbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3 120, iX 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
So here it is finally after sometime waiting for it has been delivered.And if you wonder yes my registration plate is literately BMW and it isn't a custom plate it came like that :-)
Admit, how happy where you with that license plate when you picked it up :-) Someone in the authorities asigning plates was on a good mood on the day of registration

The car looks great, drive safely!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 10:47 PM   #36
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbimmer View Post
Admit, how happy where you with that license plate when you picked it up :-) Someone in the authorities asigning plates was on a good mood on the day of registration

The car looks great, drive safely!
Thanks,

My sales guy didn't want to tell me anything regarding the registration plate he said i would laugh about it when i saw, and boy was he right laughed way to loud at the dealer But yeah somone must have had a good day at the authorities when it giving it

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 08:16 AM   #37
M5ZRH
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
So here it is finally after sometime waiting for it has been delivered.

I pre ordered mine back when it was released. Then it went in to production around November and wasn't expecting delivery until end of April but it already arrived at the 23/24 of march. So now it has been about a week before being able to pick it up sense i have had it at company for PPF wrap its a Hexis PPF covering 95% of the car, the idea was also to wrap the Rocker panels down low with carbon fibre look but unfortunately it wouldn't stick to the plastic. So had to leave that part out.

I also went with a almost complete de badge including the i4 model code behind. Only have the little M letter in the front, but didn't remove it due to that random hole being left there after that. Also this Monday i will be picking up the 50th anniversary badges at the dealer sense it came after my car was on its way to here.

So this isn't a completely loaded i4 but almost everything you can get i got. I didn't op in for the 20 inch wheels due to range loss i will use the car on occasion to go on 2-3 times a year a trip one way 360 km so i need the range.

So far i have only driven the car around 204 km so that's not much to go on. But so far the car is great to drive, day to day driving is just as awesome as it gets the amount of configurations you can do to the car is very nice, I find my self most of the time driving so far in ECO Pro individual mode around town with B mode for the i3 one pedal drive feeling.

I also took it to some spirited driving today when it was sunny and nice on some really bad B roads with tight turns and it is a very competent car, it corners good in sport mode, it doesn't feel all to heavy until you really push it, you will probably feel it more on the track.

And that is on the 19 inch none performance tires also, so with the 20 inch or 19 inch performance tires it will probably corner even better. Its no M3/M4 nor should it be either but it will give many cars a run for their money in day to day driving so to speak. On track then it will be different.

So far it feels very competent and will probably surprise me even more in the future, the HVAC control is a none issue for me i have it on a short cut on the navigation wheel.

Small annoyance i have found so far is, for some reasons my android auto is messing with the built in Spotify app in the car for whatever reasons sometimes my phone will take charge over the internal built in system and start playing Spotify from the phone instead of the built in app witch reduces sound quality so going to find what setting that is messing with me on this.

I am not sure the backup camera is the greatest out there but it is good enough but i am not sure it is as sharp as it was on my i3 but this could be because it is a 360 camera.

So all in all the car is great and going to enjoy it as much as possible. So now i will post some pictures of it from today's drive. And if you wonder yes my registration plate is literately BMW and it isn't a custom plate it came like that :-)

(Excuse the messy garage so much stuff that needs storing inside due to winter period)
Nice review and congratulations on the new car.

To share further I had the opportunity to test drive the I4 M50 for one hour in Switzerland at various speeds and different roads.

First impressions: very sorted out car, great instant punch, and drives like a BMW.
Good interior and the new Idrive looks modern.
Quality is way better than a Tesla.
And you can drive slowly in town smoothly, as much as driving very fast.

On the other hand: when you start pushing hard, you cannot ignore the weight.
When overtaking, the push is instant but then it runs out of acceleration - it feels a bit like a diesel: low down torque but nothing up the Rev range.
Then as you corner harder: the limit is far away and you have huge grip.
Then all of a sudden it starts to understeer… considering the weight you cannot adjust with the throttle or brakes. It is what it is…

As for the Idrive: looks cool but very fussy and good luck with touching the screen all the time to adjust a mundane thing like temperature… utter failure…

Finally a small detail: when you open the latch to recharge and plug the car - there is a flimsy plastic to lock the plug/cable in. It is light grey and it feels very very cheap on such a car ! Sure some of you will break it…

So overall: well done BMW. Drives very well, polished and entertaining.
But you need to recalibrate your reference points to enjoy it.
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-04-2022, 08:38 AM   #38
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ZRH View Post
Nice review and congratulations on the new car.

To share further I had the opportunity to test drive the I4 M50 for one hour in Switzerland at various speeds and different roads.

First impressions: very sorted out car, great instant punch, and drives like a BMW.
Good interior and the new Idrive looks modern.
Quality is way better than a Tesla.
And you can drive slowly in town smoothly, as much as driving very fast.

On the other hand: when you start pushing hard, you cannot ignore the weight.
When overtaking, the push is instant but then it runs out of acceleration - it feels a bit like a diesel: low down torque but nothing up the Rev range.
Then as you corner harder: the limit is far away and you have huge grip.
Then all of a sudden it starts to understeer… considering the weight you cannot adjust with the throttle or brakes. It is what it is…

As for the Idrive: looks cool but very fussy and good luck with touching the screen all the time to adjust a mundane thing like temperature… utter failure…

Finally a small detail: when you open the latch to recharge and plug the car - there is a flimsy plastic to lock the plug/cable in. It is light grey and it feels very very cheap on such a car ! Sure some of you will break it…

So overall: well done BMW. Drives very well, polished and entertaining.
But you need to recalibrate your reference points to enjoy it.
I think this is more an impression rather than factual based on the brutality of that instant torque, it's actual 100km/h to 200km/h times are slightly quicker than the current RS6.
Appreciate 2
Nahlem1144.00
Vervain397.50
      04-04-2022, 02:45 PM   #39
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

How deep is the footwell on the back? I ask because I've sat on Teslas in the past and always feel uncomfortable with my knees coming up way higher than normal. On Teslas this happens due to the battery location on the floor. Just don't know if BMWs are different.
      04-04-2022, 03:43 PM   #40
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffx View Post
How deep is the footwell on the back? I ask because I've sat on Teslas in the past and always feel uncomfortable with my knees coming up way higher than normal. On Teslas this happens due to the battery location on the floor. Just don't know if BMWs are different.
There isn’t much depth back there, if you are remotely over 5’ 6” your knees will not be in contact with the seat base. This isn’t a problem in mine as the wife is only 5’ 2”.

On a plus note the iX was super comfy in the back when I was out in one.
Appreciate 2
Spiffx448.00
Nahlem1144.00
      04-05-2022, 07:38 PM   #41
DHDCF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Stealth Wrapped FDG I5 M60

Those lights grats on the ride.
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-06-2022, 08:58 AM   #42
gs6456
Electric!
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 i4 M50  [9.00]
Anniversary Badges

Can you post more pictures of the Anniversary Badges? I've ordered almost the exact same car as you in Brooklyn Grey and I'm still on the fence about them.

Can you give us some of your opinion on them too? Especially the way the back one looks with the camera in it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      04-06-2022, 11:08 AM   #43
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHDCF View Post
Those lights grats on the ride.
I really do like the lights also Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs6456 View Post
Can you post more pictures of the Anniversary Badges? I've ordered almost the exact same car as you in Brooklyn Grey and I'm still on the fence about them.

Can you give us some of your opinion on them too? Especially the way the back one looks with the camera in it.

Thanks.
Sure, i chose the anniversary bagdes beacause i really do like looks of them, they do them self well on the Grey/Blueish of the car, mostly beacause the blue i bagdes looks a little off when there is nothing else on the car telling of it being an EV, beacause my whole car is pretty much debagded and also a bit tierd of the blue bmw i colour comming from my i3s.

The camera on on the back bagde looks very natural on it you hardly notice the little hole for the camera.

Back

Front

Hope it helps a bit

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 04:06 PM   #44
gs6456
Electric!
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 i4 M50  [9.00]
Looks pretty good. Any second thoughts?
Appreciate 0