BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-04-2005, 12:37 PM   #23
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Come on, folks - it's not like you're being asked about your salary.

The people who really like to tell the whole world what they're driving are the ones who put on aftermarket mufflers that make car alarms go off along local streets. And they probably are looking for a girlfriend. Or boyfriend. Or a horse. Whatever floats their boats.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #24
MonacoBlueNJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 330i

It is definately annoying...I'm a teacher and even my principal makes comments every time I see him. It doesn't make you feel good when a whole room of people twice your age turn to look at you when someone makes a "brand new BMW" comment.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2005, 09:36 PM   #25
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon
Is anyone else shy to tell people you drive a BMW?

Whenever a stranger asks me what I drive, I don't want to seem stuck-up, so I often whisper, "a bimmer". They'll usually reply with, "A BMW?! What year?" Then I'll whisper, "06". And they usually reply with, "A BRAND NEW BMW?! "

I feel so ackward when this happens. I really don't like showing off and causing a scene. I know most people my age can't afford a BMW. I'm grateful for my situation but I do try to keep it to myself.

Does anyone else feel this way?
Same here buddy the only time i like to show off is when i drive and thats about it
      12-06-2005, 05:44 PM   #26
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

I love my car to death and when people ask me what I drive I tell them... I am not cocky about it or anything and generally the response is very positive and for some reason girls can not get over my key! They take it away from me and want to play with it and then they are like how does this work? were do you put it? Its quite hard for them to grasp until they go for a ride lol
      12-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #27
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

i used to go to a really rich school and it was still one of the nicest cars in the school, but it wasnt looked at as "OMG hes 16 and has a bmw"... lets just say my situation changed and now i go to a gheto ass public school. I dont ever take my keys out of my pocket because people will ask me what that big black thing on my key chain is. They then ask where the key is and then i sort of have to give them an answer... the response is always "i didnt know you were rich..."
we were doing nothing in class one day and we decided to fuck around and do the thing where u sit down while someone else pretends to have your arms. Someone brought the bmw up when i told people to give me something to talk about .... they were like tell us about your bmw... i replied "its black, and i drive it to and from school"... the teacher stopped us in the middle to say "wait wait wait, you have a bmw?" i quietly replyed yes and she goes "a what year bmw" i mumbled "06" and she goes "you drive a new bmw, why are you even taking this class? You dont ever have to work again"

also when people ask me what kind of bmw i have and not details i never tell them the whole thing... i just say a black 3 series... the upgraded one makes me feel like a dick and the brand new part just tops that off

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #28
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon
Whenever a stranger asks me what I drive, I don't want to seem stuck-up, so I often whisper, "a bimmer". They'll usually reply with, "A BMW?! What year?" Then I'll whisper, "06". And they usually reply with, "A BRAND NEW BMW?! "
I get that all the friggin' times and its getting annoying.

me: "bmw."
whatever: "oh. bmw. what year?" (surprised, but not going crazy yet)
me: "2006."
whatever: "06?????? wait.. we are in 2005, right? so A BRAND NEW BMW? HOLY SH1T!"

Seriously. big deal. its not like i drive a ferrari.
I don't know why people freak out alot when people meet someone with a bmw.
I also hate the fact that people treat me differently when/after they find out what I drive.

Sometimes, I just tell them I drive a daewoo. Question usually stops right there.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0