Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

03-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #1321
Teufel_Hunden
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Do you guys take any testosterone?

I'm approaching 30 in a year and a half. Don't think I need it yet but want to be prepared. Recovery has been tougher though.

No balding either (yet). Balls sag a little more but I kinda enjoy that. Makes the "slapping" against the girls clit more pronounced so I ain't mad at that.
IÂ’m 46 and have never needed it or plan on using it. If you train correctly and rest, repair, recover the right way that should be plenty. This would include eating healthy and body maintenance as well. TRT is just a short cut to not doing all those things right.

IÂ’m still training and hitting my numbers just like I did in my 30s, IÂ’m just smarter about how I train and how I recover. All Natty for this guy!
I just turned 47 and am in the same boat. I actually feel better now than when I was in the Marines because I weight train and my diet is clean.

When I was younger I ate a lot junk, and looking back now I can see the difference.

I definitely listen to my body and try to rest more because you just can't recover in your late 40s like you did in your 20s.

As far as testosterone, I had a blood test last year with my physical and everything was in the normal range, but I don't remember what exactly my levels were/are.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:02 PM   #1322
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
52 in a few months

I've had several bottles of Testo Fuel lying around. There's one partially empty one on my desk. I tried following the routine but outside of occasional morning wood the first couple 3 days, no real change. I don't know that I am low, it's probably just natural change as I age.

Were I younger/without adult responsibilities I might do better in the gym. With children/wife drama, being there for my dad, and being a responsible member of the local community I have not prioritized exercise like I did in my 20s.

Considering on the next visit to endocrinologist for my diabetes, to ask if it's time to do some tests.
You are describing what is normal for most of us over 40. STRESS plays a huge factor in this equation. If you can reduce or better handle your stress that will translate to more optimal results. Try and make exercise a priority and dedicate X amount of days and time per week to get workouts in, even if it’s only 30mins! Just make it an intense 30mins!!

SLEEP is also huge! You need that time to repair and recharge! 7-8hrs at minimum. Your mattress is essential to this, if it is 8-10 years old get rid of it! If you are not sleeping right that will seriously compromise your results.

Start simple and focus on the basics and listen to your body. And do have your doctor check your T levels and blood work.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 12:04 PM   #1323
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Do you guys take any testosterone?

I'm approaching 30 in a year and a half. Don't think I need it yet but want to be prepared. Recovery has been tougher though.

No balding either (yet). Balls sag a little more but I kinda enjoy that. Makes the "slapping" against the girls clit more pronounced so I ain't mad at that.
me, I have always had this problem...

Last edited by GoRomeo; 03-29-2018 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #1324
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
You are describing what is normal for most of us over 40. STRESS plays a huge factor in this equation. If you can reduce or better handle your stress that will translate to more optimal results. Try and make exercise a priority and dedicate X amount of days and time per week to get workouts in, even if it’s only 30mins! Just make it an intense 30mins!!

SLEEP is also huge! You need that time to repair and recharge! 7-8hrs at minimum. Your mattress is essential to this, if it is 8-10 years old get rid of it! If you are not sleeping right that will seriously compromise your results.

Start simple and focus on the basics and listen to your body. And do have your doctor check your T levels and blood work.
See, I have been relatively successful in carving out the TIME to exercise. Even last night, after dinner the wife asks "Going to the gym" as I walked into the room. Chores were done, kid's car was retrieved from the repair shop, dishes were done and put away. "No, I'm just too tired and going to watch this guy trek around Peru" Then she brought me a plate of cheese and the 3 of us (dog) nibbled that while watching Peru. Then we all went to sleep.

7 really isn't enough hours for me, but it's all my life allows at this point. We recently replaced the Tempur-pedic mattresses because they were a bit over 10, and had indentations where we slept. Wife picked out adjustable beds and mattresses that allowed her to stop snoring, in addition to her CPAP. If I kick the dog off, I get a solid 7 most nights, but I can fall asleep in 5 minutes of inactivity at work.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 01:12 PM   #1325
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
See, I have been relatively successful in carving out the TIME to exercise. Even last night, after dinner the wife asks "Going to the gym" as I walked into the room. Chores were done, kid's car was retrieved from the repair shop, dishes were done and put away. "No, I'm just too tired and going to watch this guy trek around Peru" Then she brought me a plate of cheese and the 3 of us (dog) nibbled that while watching Peru. Then we all went to sleep.

7 really isn't enough hours for me, but it's all my life allows at this point. We recently replaced the Tempur-pedic mattresses because they were a bit over 10, and had indentations where we slept. Wife picked out adjustable beds and mattresses that allowed her to stop snoring, in addition to her CPAP. If I kick the dog off, I get a solid 7 most nights, but I can fall asleep in 5 minutes of inactivity at work.
I hear ya man, life can dictate a lot of what we are able to do most of the time.

I would suggest looking into home workouts or a home gym. It eliminates the “having to go to the gym”. It will give you more time to apply to the actual working out. You’d be amazed what you can do at home in a designated space. Plus you can YouTube and google tons of home workout stuff.

I have garage gym, regular gym membership and Crossfit gym....I cover all bases. But I use my garage gym the most. Especially having an 8 month old...lol.

Time to make some adjustments my man

Last edited by FlaPatsFan; 03-29-2018 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #1326
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hear ya man, life can dictate a lot of what we are able to do most of the time.

I would suggest looking into home workouts or a home gym. It eliminates the “having to go to the gym”. It will give yo more time to apply to the actual working out. You’d be amazed what you can do at home in a designated space. Plus you can YouTube and google tons of home workout stuff.

Time to make some adjustments!
My gym is just over 1 mile form the house. It wasn't anything other than be not having any energy, and Wednesday is caff-fiend day!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #1327
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
My gym is just over 1 mile form the house. It wasn't anything other than be not having any energy, and Wednesday is caff-fiend day!
Mine is even less, but sometimes it’s just not in the cards to go. Between getting dressed, driving there, going in and stretching/warming up then the actual workout, drive home....it’s a process. Soooo much easier to do that stuff at home....saves a lot of time. Just saying.

Lay off the cheese plates at night in bed!!!! Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:23 PM   #1328
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lay off the cheese plates at night in bed!!!! Lol
So, at night should stick with Oreos/milk in kitchen???

I know, it's THE most difficult part
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #1329
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Every day but now have home option also
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #1330
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Every day but now have home option also

Looks good. I was going to get something similar but they were out of stock at dicks. Ended up getting a bench with attachments so I can squat on the other side of the bench. Legit.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 05:01 PM   #1331
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Thanks yeah good set up once got platform built.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 03:28 AM   #1332
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Things that annoy me at the gym: my lower back tension. Feels like I’m in a constant deadlift.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 06:35 AM   #1333
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Things that annoy me at the gym: my lower back tension. Feels like I’m in a constant deadlift.
Warmup?, rest. Don’t do back exercises for weeks to months?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 08:25 AM   #1334
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

People that walk straight in from the parking lot onto a piece of equipment, then complain about injuries!

Ummmm no shit Sherlock...you don’t stretch or warm up!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 09:32 AM   #1335
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

People that stand in front of the dumbbells and perform exercises without noticing that in trying to walk to my bench carrying I am about to drop

Do your freaking curls for girls behind the row of benches
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2018, 09:39 AM   #1336
Vincz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post

I diagnose and treat spine conditions daily, your symptoms are likely due to weak abdominal muscles (especially if you are carrying excessive weight up front). Focus on working on the stabilizing muscles in the abdomen and low back and it will improve. That tight feeling in the low back is due to constant muscle strain/fatigue, the abdominal and low back work synergistically to stabilize the entire upper body, when one is weak the other has to take up the slack and fatigues easily, this is why injuries associated with the spine occur (well, commonly, no exclusively).
Appreciate 1
Mingwan1892.50
      03-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #1337
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
People that stand in front of the dumbbells and perform exercises without noticing that in trying to walk to my bench carrying I am about to drop

Do your freaking curls for girls behind the row of benches
Noooo!

Post up on a flat bench on a Monday to do an arm workout!

Then laugh as the people walk by that need to work on grip strength!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 11:44 AM   #1338
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincz View Post
I diagnose and treat spine conditions daily, your symptoms are likely due to weak abdominal muscles (especially if you are carrying excessive weight up front). Focus on working on the stabilizing muscles in the abdomen and low back and it will improve. That tight feeling in the low back is due to constant muscle strain/fatigue, the abdominal and low back work synergistically to stabilize the entire upper body, when one is weak the other has to take up the slack and fatigues easily, this is why injuries associated with the spine occur (well, commonly, no exclusively).
Lot of things can cause his issue.... outside of the typical sticker slap of "build your core".

Majority of postural imbalances are actually associated with having one segment significantly stronger than the other, especially in the hip flexors.

Large root cause of many lower back injuries are the result of underdeveloped hamstrings, and tight glutes and hip flexors!

For example a large majority of the lifting population that deadlifts, can pull traditional, yet can't do stiff legs for shit. This is result of the hip flexors, glutes, and quads being the primary compared to a stiff leg deadlift placing emphasis on the hamstrings and erector spinae.

Sadly the medical community tends to cookie cut the diagnosis to what you mentioned which is great, but if not addressing root causes will continue to result in muscular contradictions.

Same thing goes for rotator cuff, and neglect to scapula mobility aswell as under developed rhomboids and posterior delts, combined with excessively tight anterior delts and pec minor.

Last edited by Performancedieselpros; 03-31-2018 at 11:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
Mingwan1892.50
      03-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #1339
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincz View Post
especially if you are carrying excessive weight up front).
Serious question... vincz.... do your clients have double D’s and are they mostly women? Cause if so im jealous.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 12:08 PM   #1340
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
Serious question... vincz.... do your clients have double D’s and are they mostly women? Cause if so im jealous.
The funny part on this is large breasts actually cause more mid back problems rather than lower back.... (mid trap fatigue as result of shoulders being pulled forward).

It's often described by said client as "back pain" which in result turns the focus again to the non problematic areas.

It's like fibromyalgia.... every doctor wants to sticker slap this on 50+ yr old women instead of saying "yo chick you need to workout so yoir muscles aren't achy all the time!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2018, 12:18 PM   #1341
Bt12
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
The funny part on this is large breasts actually cause more mid back problems rather than lower back.... (mid trap fatigue as result of shoulders being pulled forward).

It's often described by said client as "back pain" which in result turns the focus again to the non problematic areas.

It's like fibromyalgia.... every doctor wants to sticker slap this on 50+ yr old women instead of saying "yo chick you need to workout so yoir muscles aren't achy all the time!
Thank you for bursting the bubble.
Appreciate 2
smoosh2211.50
      03-31-2018, 12:34 PM   #1342
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
Thank you for bursting the bubble.
Anytime! I'm too technical, and when professionally I spend everyday building, shaping, and correcting individuals physiques..... boobs are fun, but when you spend countless hours a day making sure a chicks nipples don't poke your eye out as result of the paper thin spandex they make these days you become immune to it Lol.

See how that worked! Now yoir back on track!
Appreciate 0