Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

05-20-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
racer7
Rep
Drives: tbc

(UK) Where have all the sale cars gone?!

Decided to bring my search forward for an LCI coupe. Seemingly this seems to be a bit of an asked. Not much in the approved network and the one I saw I had a hurried 15min view and "so, do you want to take it". Not really how i expect a £70k purchase to go down.

So my question to those more knowledgeable in car stock... Are we likely to see anymore 2019 or 2020 stock come to market via BMW? I would have imagined that 2020 fleet cars would returned over the course of this year.. Assuming they only go out for the year.

Just seems to be either a. Suppressed supply or b. A legit 'we've got no more left' scenario.

I've now accepted that I will have to compromise on interior and blue seat belts and maybe give up on the car cover. Not looking like the entry into i8 land that I wanted!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 01:52 AM   #2
Jbaa
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 roadster

I bought my 19 roadster in January from BMW dealer. At the time there was approx 20 roadsters nationwide cheapest price around £65k now there is 4 cheapest over £70k
Didn’t realise the coupe was the same situation
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 02:30 AM   #3
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

There were (apparently) only around 119 LCI coupes made for the UK. I would have thought about 40-50 have already sold last year. There was a huge dump in April 20 from the 18/19 year finishing their first 12 months, which was mainly from BMW management/demo cars etc. There'll only be a drip now of LCIs but about 1-2 pop up a month, but with no guarantee of what colour combination/spec/laser lights you want - if you see it, buy it! If the other 50% of the owners hold on, then don't expect more than a handful a year now.

During lockdown they were going for around £60-65 for only 3,000 miles ish, it seems that prices have raised by around £5,000-10,000 now compared to last 12 months.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 02:30 AM   #4
racer7
Rep
Drives: tbc

I've seen that 119 number a few times but when I used "how many left" websites it comes back with a fair bit higher. c250.

In any case I'm forced to hold fire until Autumn since not too keen on paying the Summer sun tax! That said I totally get the point about grabbing one if I see my preferred spec pop up.

Just hope the main dealer experience of having it for 10mins and then needing to make decision happens again. That wasn't quite the almost near car buying experience I expected!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 01:44 AM   #5
Rob1910
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 Roadster 69

10 mins! I never even got to see mine before buying it! Dealer sent lots of photos, spec sheets etc but wasn't allowed to see the car in person til I picked it up 🤣 Due mainly to covid, it was in London, I was in Scotland.
If you find the right spec, colour and car don't hesitate! They don't or won't hang around as much as they did before.
Low mileage, good colour scheme cars are becoming rarer.
A quick look at what's available these days and it's a few copper, a few blue, possibly a silver or a white.
I wanted Sophisto grey, turbine alloys, the pedestrian warning and ideally black or ivory leather. I got the ivory, my second choice but got everything else I wanted.
The ivory really compliments the grey and it holds up very well, I was really scared it would discolour but it hasn't after a year.

Thanks

Rob
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 08:23 AM   #6
i8 driver
Rep
Drives: incoming i8

https://www.cinch.co.uk/used-cars/bm...a-d640dcb967c4

There are 3 very cheap 68 plate Non LCI's compared to the dealer network cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 04:48 AM   #7
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

Most have definitely dried up now, certainly for this month. You get delivery miles cars now at £75k+...there's a single LCI at the same price as it was 12 months ago! Production stopped in April 20, and realistically, this was only for the last special few cars, so I'm sure pre-orders were stopped much before this, maybe around Nov/Dec 19. Can't see there being much more now!
Appreciate 0