10-18-2021, 05:39 AM   #4511
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Haven't we learned to kind of just ignore him? No matter what we say, we're always wrong (…and we're the ones with the experience and/or perspective).
This is a problem with the machostupid; they always think they are the ones with experience & perspective.
Cops are not exceptions to humanity. They can wear horse blinders, too, like many other folk. The point I asked about, the low vaccine rates among cops & firefighters, puts them in company with other low education groups in vaccination rates. What can I say? Go shoot yourself in the foot?
It would be nice if you could deal with the points I put up instead of claiming privilege of some sort.

Last edited by Littlebear; 10-18-2021 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #4512
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Quote:
Haven't we learned to kind of just ignore him? No matter what we say, we're always wrong (…and we're the ones with the experience and/or perspective).
This is a problem with the machostupid; they always think they are the ones with experience & perspective.
Cops are not exceptions to humanity. They can wear horse blinders, too, like many other folk. The point I asked about, the low vaccine rates among cops & firefighters, puts them in company with other low education groups in vaccination rates. What can I say? Go shoot yourself in the foot?
It would be nice if you could deal with the points I put up instead of claiming privilege of some sort.
Draw your own conclusions. Nothing I tell you will resonate with you anyway.
Appreciate 3
Murf99314114.00
vreihen1614906.00
      10-18-2021, 09:39 AM   #4513
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Draw your own conclusions. Nothing I tell you will resonate with you anyway.
You're acting like I'm the only person who wonders why cops & firefighters have such low vaccine #s in the face of such high covid death #s. I can only assume it's because so many belong to the "Leopard Ate My Face" party.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 09:42 AM   #4514
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

ITT

Littlebear broke Sedan_Clan patience. This isn't a failing on Sedan's part, he has always conducted himself with a ton of patience ITT, it was more just an inevitable outcome where the only unknown was when. I was amazed he was as patient as he was for as long as he was.

I rarely try to rationalize with Littlebear anymore.

With the exception of abortion I suppose - I always try to rationalize with anyone on that topic as it might save someone's life. Interestingly, he doesn't like to talk or share much about that topic though.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24829.00
Murf99314114.00
      10-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #4515
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
ITT

Littlebear broke Sedan_Clan patience. This isn't a failing on Sedan's part, he has always conducted himself with a ton of patience ITT, it was more just an inevitable outcome where the only unknown was when. I was amazed he was as patient as he was for as long as he was.

I rarely try to rationalize with Littlebear anymore.

With the exception of abortion I suppose - I always try to rationalize with anyone on that topic as it might save someone's life. Interestingly, he doesn't like to talk or share much about that topic though.
From my vantage point it's like talking to a rock expecting it to talk back. Everybody has tried to rationalize with him ITT. His anti-police sentiment is obvious, so it colors everything he says (…including his passive-aggressiveness or condescension). He could've simply asked about lower police/fire vaccination rates WITHOUT the low education parallel (…although a large percentage of cops are educated; police management positions almost always require a BA or higher), for example. His methods are tiring.
Appreciate 4
Joekerr7926.00
________4157.00
Murf99314114.00
      10-18-2021, 10:07 AM   #4516
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
.... He could've simply asked about lower police/fire vaccination rates WITHOUT the low education parallel....
My citing of what groups also have low vaccination rates came after my figures were belittled because they 'came from NYC', and some nice person started instructing others to ignore my stuff (again).

So deal with it. You never win on points.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 10:09 AM   #4517
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
.... He could've simply asked about lower police/fire vaccination rates WITHOUT the low education parallel....
My citing of what groups also have low vaccination rates came after my figures were belittled because they 'came from NYC', and some nice person started instructing others to ignore my stuff (again).

So deal with it.
Nobody instructed anybody to do anything…….anywhere…..in this thread. Most ignored you long ago.
Appreciate 2
      10-18-2021, 10:22 AM   #4518
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nobody instructed anybody to do anything…….anywhere…..in this thread. Most ignored you long ago.
I thought you understood paraphrasing. But you are pretty good at implied insults & putting yourself above others!

"Haven't we learned to kind of just ignore him? No matter what we say, we're always wrong (…and we're the ones with the experience and/or perspective)."
Clan

(I'm out)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #4519
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I thought you understood paraphrasing. But you are pretty good at implied insults & putting yourself above others!

"Haven't we learned to kind of just ignore him? No matter what we say, we're always wrong (…and we're the ones with the experience and/or perspective)."
Clan

(I'm out)
That's a statement based on the group's consensus over MONTHS of trying to have rational dialogue with you. It's a tireless endeavor indeed.
Appreciate 5
________4157.00
Murf99314114.00
unluky7465.00
      10-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #4520
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's a statement based on the group's consensus over MONTHS of trying to have rational dialogue with you. It's a tireless endeavor indeed.
Good thing I have no need to base my dialogue & debating performance on what happens in an off-topic pro-cop car-site thread!
Why are you so threatened by different opinions?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #4521
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Good thing I have no need to base my dialogue & debating performance on what happens in an off-topic pro-cop car-site thread!
I thought you were out?!?!

P.S. The issue isn't whether or not you're pro-law enforcement; after all, this thread is intended to be an inquiry thread full of varying opinions. The issue is the way you convey and your tendency to be passive aggressive and/or condescending. Nobody is fearful of your opinion. Some, including myself, just choose not to engage you much of the time because of your attitude.
Appreciate 4
      10-18-2021, 12:03 PM   #4522
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It would seem you've made a name for yourself in quite a few threads. The common denominator is you.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 03-14-2022 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #4523
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It would seem you've made a name for yourself in quite a few threads. The common denominator is you.
Yea, good edit there. Who is using the term 'dumb ass'? Not I.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 12:59 PM   #4524
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

P.S. The issue isn't whether or not you're pro-law enforcement; after all, this thread is intended to be an inquiry thread full of varying opinions. The issue is the way you convey and your tendency to be passive aggressive and/or condescending. Nobody is fearful of your opinion. Some, including myself, just choose not to engage you much of the time because of your attitude.
If you are still willing, I'm willing to listen to your answer to problems I addressed in my first & second post of this episode, especially how the police unions can't see it to encourage vaccinations of its members.
I got belittlement & insults instead the first time. Pls read my two posts below & tell me what is so objectionable?

"More than 460 American law enforcement officers have died from Covid infections, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page, making the coronavirus by far the most common cause of duty-related deaths in 2020 and 2021. More than four times as many officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire in that period."
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/17/u...sultPosition=1

Post #1) "Nonsense. In NYC the cops & firefighters have such low vaccination #s that will just ensure spread. That was before the vaccine mandate. And they don't wear masks in the supermarket.
Just pretend you are in the army & buck up."

Post #2) "Considering that the low vaccine rate is not limited to NYC cops & firefighters, but nationally is killing cops at ~ six times wot guns do, I don't see the prevailing political attitude of NYC being a major factor.
We all indulge our mental flights & fears. Getting over such is one of the battles of life. I really don't understand why police unions would come out against vaccinations. These are people of authority & influence. For some reason they act like their sh!t don't stink."

Last edited by Littlebear; 10-18-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #4525
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If you are still willing, I'm willing to listen to your answer to problems I addressed in my first & second post of this episode, especially how the police unions can see it to encourage vaccinations of its members.
I got belittlement & insults instead the first time. Pls read my two posts below & tell me what is so objectionable?

"More than 460 American law enforcement officers have died from Covid infections, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page, making the coronavirus by far the most common cause of duty-related deaths in 2020 and 2021. More than four times as many officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire in that period."
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/17/u...sultPosition=1

Post #1) "Nonsense. In NYC the cops & firefighters have such low vaccination #s that will just ensure spread. That was before the vaccine mandate. And they don't wear masks in the supermarket.
Just pretend you are in the army & buck up."

Post #2) "Considering that the low vaccine rate is not limited to NYC cops & firefighters, but nationally is killing cops at ~ six times wot guns do, I don't see the prevailing political attitude of NYC being a major factor.
We all indulge our mental flights & fears. Getting over such is one of the battles life. I really don't understand why police unions would come out against vaccinations. These are people of authority & influence. For some reason they act like their sh!t don't stink."
Ok, I'll bite. Here's the simplest answer that I can provide you:
  1. The unions won't be able to encourage vaccinations because the refusal to vaccinate has nothing to do with them. What I mean is…..people are refusing to vaccinate because of their own personal belief system, BIG government intervention, distrust in BIG government and distrust where THIS PARTICULAR vaccine is concerned (..and the absurd push behind it). A union isn't going to change those fundamental positions.
  2. Police unions understand their purpose, and their purpose IS NOT to push an agenda of any sort. The purpose of a union is to fight for labor rights and to some degree, civil rights.
  3. The deaths by COVID infection do not tell the entire story and I know of many cases [in general] where COVID was penned as the cause, but that person's health condition was conveniently missing from the reference. I do not know of ONE person who died SOLELY because of contracting COVID, which isn't to state those cases don't exist, but they are the outliers.
  4. Choice should always an option!

I hope that clarifies your inquiry.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      10-18-2021, 01:14 PM   #4526
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
  1. The unions won't be able to encourage vaccinations because the refusal to vaccinate has nothing to do with them. What I mean is…..people are refusing to vaccinate because of their own personal belief system, BIG government intervention, distrust in BIG government and distrust where THIS PARTICULAR vaccine is concerned (..and the absurd push behind it). A union isn't going to change those fundamental positions.
  2. Police unions understand their purpose, and their purpose IS NOT to push an agenda of any sort. The purpose of a union is to fight for labor rights and to some degree, civil rights.
  3. The deaths by COVID infection do not tell the entire story and I know of many cases [in general] where COVID was penned as the cause, but that person's health condition was conveniently missing from the reference. I do not know of ONE person who died SOLELY because of contracting COVID, which isn't to state those cases don't exist, but they are the outliers.

Yes, that is much better. You just gave us four reasons why policy should not be made by the general police population! The foundations of those points are so weak.

Thank you Clan.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:17 PM   #4527
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, that is much better. You just gave us four reasons why policy should not be made by the general police population!

Thank you Clan.
And still you don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:18 PM   #4528
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Littlebear why are you so overly concerned with a person's decision to pass on the vaccination? How or why does that impact your life at all? Furthermore, let's talk about the thousands of nurses and doctors willing to lose their jobs over the mandates. Surely they aren't uneducated people, right?!? Surely they are on the front lines, and still, they are wary of this vaccine. Do you ever ask yourself WHY?!?
Appreciate 2
      10-18-2021, 01:23 PM   #4529
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh I get it. It's hard to live a well considered life (but it's worth it).

I read this book a long time ago. It has to do with overcoming the irrational mental fears & mental blocks that hold all of us back. Of course Don Juan used mushrooms to open the mind, but maybe you don't need to.

"The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge"
Book by Carlos Castaneda
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:25 PM   #4530
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh I get it. It's hard to live a well considered life (but it's worth it).

I read this book a long time ago. It has to do with overcoming the irrational mental fears & mental blocks that hold all of us back. Of course Don Juan used mushrooms to open the mind, but maybe you don't need to.

"The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge"
Book by Carlos Castaneda
So you purport that we should all be lemmings and just follow along and do what we're told [by the government] without question?!? We should give the government carte blanche to tell us what to put in our bodies and have no absolute right to choice?!?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:28 PM   #4531
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Littlebear why are you so overly concerned with a person's decision to pass on the vaccination? How or why does that impact your life at all? Furthermore, let's talk about the thousands of nurses and doctors willing to lose their jobs over the mandates. Surely they aren't uneducated people, right?!? Surely they are on the front lines, and still, they are wary of this vaccine. Do you ever ask yourself WHY?!?
Many people come into contact with cops & fire fighters, even discounting their maskless supermarket visits.
I ask all the time why lots of nurses (not doctors) don't vaccinate. This is what I meant when I asked if they all belong to the "Leopard Ate My Face" party (look it up).

Last edited by Littlebear; 10-18-2021 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:35 PM   #4532
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So you purport that we should all be lemmings and just follow along and do what we're told [by the government] without question?!? We should give the government carte blanche to tell us what to put in our bodies and have no absolute right to choice?!?
Stop that, Clan. The info is out there. We elect a government, and then we follow the lawful policies of that government.
In the past some had the choice of living in a lepers colony. When folks can tell me when they started fighting air pollution, I will worry about putting one of the most proven vaccines in history into them. Pollution is pollution, right?
If you don't like the mRNA vaccines, there is always the old J&J type.
Appreciate 0