Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Littlebear why are you so overly concerned with a person's decision to pass on the vaccination? How or why does that impact your life at all? Furthermore, let's talk about the thousands of nurses and doctors willing to lose their jobs over the mandates. Surely they aren't uneducated people, right?!? Surely they are on the front lines, and still, they are wary of this vaccine. Do you ever ask yourself WHY?!?
Many people come into contact with cops & fire fighters, even discounting their maskless supermarket visits.
I ask all the time why lots of nurses (not doctors) don't vaccinate. This is what I meant when I asked if they all belong to the "Leopard Ate My Face" party.
You are being intellectually dishonest in your discourse and this is why most ignore you and/or don't take you seriously. Medical professionals ARE FORCED to vaccinate. When you force anybody to do anything, you cannot count that "decision" into the aggregate. The only true measurement to be considered is that which is made from absolute choice. Doctors/nurses who didn't agree with the vaccine mandate and had the strength/courage to walk away, did it without hesitation. Those who weren't willing to die on that hill complied, but those were decisions made under duress.

P.S. The mask isn't really doing anything for you unless it's an N95. Stop already!
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3131.50
      10-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #4534
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
P.S. The non-N95 mask isn't doing anything for you. Stop already!
wait, whut????

Appreciate 1
Littlebear3509.50
      10-18-2021, 01:40 PM   #4535
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So you purport that we should all be lemmings and just follow along and do what we're told [by the government] without question?!? We should give the government carte blanche to tell us what to put in our bodies and have no absolute right to choice?!?
Stop that, Clan. The info is out there. We elect a government, and then we follow the lawful policies of that government.
In the past some had the choice of living in a lepers colony. When folks can tell me when they started fighting air pollution, I will worry about putting one of the most proven vaccines in history into them. Pollution is pollution, right?
If you don't like the mRNA vaccines, there is always the old J&J type.
Government has limitations. Government should have limitations. The government should not infringe on your right to choose. If those fundamental tenets don't align with your belief system, you Sir, are in the wrong country.

The black community has one of the lowest vaccination rates. What's your opinion on that? ….and don't tell me they are too stupid or aren't resourceful enough to know/understand how to get vaccinated.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:46 PM   #4536
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
You are being intellectually dishonest in your discourse and this is why most ignore you and/or don't take you seriously. Medical professionals ARE FORCED to vaccinate. When you force anybody to do anything, you cannot count that "decision" into the aggregate. The only true measurement to be considered is that which is made from absolute choice. Doctors/nurses who didn't agree with the vaccine mandate and had the strength/courage to walk away, did it without hesitation. Those who weren't willing to die on that hill complied, but those were decisions made under duress.

Nobody is forced to get vaccinated, not even doctors. Even in my worst case scenario above (leprosy), people had the 'choice' of living in a colony so that they didn't affect other citizens.
Absolute Choice is a curious choice of words. It is much debated in religions, not often in a favorable way. It has undercurrents of lawlessness.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:48 PM   #4537
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Nobody is forced to get vaccinated, not even doctors.
Absolute Choice is a curious choice of words. It is much debated in religions, not often in a favorable way.
Kaiser Permanente, for example, mandates it [at least in California]. Comply or be terminated. LA County USC mandates it. Comply or be terminated. I could go on, but I've made my point.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      10-18-2021, 01:52 PM   #4538
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Government has limitations. Government should have limitations. The government should not infringe on your right to choose. If those fundamental tenets don't align with your belief system, you Sir, are in the wrong country.

The black community has one of the lowest vaccination rates. What's your opinion on that? ….and don't tell me they are too stupid or aren't resourceful enough to know/understand how to get vaccinated.
The Black population is now getting vaccinated at a good rate. Word is they are getting over the Tuskegee thing, and reading the writing on the wall.

"Between September 20 and October 4, Black and Hispanic people experienced a slightly larger increase in vaccination rates compared to White and Asian people, narrowing the disparities in vaccination rates (Figure 3)."
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

Last edited by Littlebear; 10-18-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:54 PM   #4539
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Kaiser Permanente, for example, mandates it [at least in California]. Comply or be terminated. LA County USC mandates it. Comply or be terminated. I could go on, but I've made my point.
Like we say here, "goodbye!"
They had, & made a choice. Too bad it wasn't to "Serve & Protect" in such an easy way.

Last edited by Littlebear; 10-18-2021 at 02:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:54 PM   #4540
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The Black population is now getting vaccinated at a good rate. Word is they are getting over the Tuskegee thing, and reading the writing on the wall.
So in a week's time they've all just changed course?!?! Doubt it! Nonetheless, for those who decide(d) to get vaccinated, more power to them. The vaccinated made their choice, now allow those on the other side of the line to make theirs.

Back to police topics.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
vreihen1615229.00
      10-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #4541
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So in a week's time they've all just changed course?!?! Doubt it! Nonetheless, for those who decide(d) to get vaccinated, more power to them. The vaccinated made their choice, now allow those on the other side of the line to make theirs.

Back to police topics.
(I just put up the link! See above)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 02:14 PM   #4542
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Like we say here, "goodbye!"
They had, & made a choice. Too bad it wasn't to "Serve & Protect" in such an easy way.
This will be my last response to you…..

….They didn't have a choice. They had about as much choice as me putting a gun to a woman's head and telling her to have sex with me or else. When you place someone's livelihood in jeopardy to gain compliance, THAT isn't choice. If anything requires force, menace, duress or fear to accomplish, THAT isn't choice.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
rebekahb3131.50
      10-18-2021, 02:38 PM   #4543
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Many people come into contact with cops & fire fighters, even discounting their maskless supermarket visits.
Ok, but again...specifically why is this an issue to you? So an unvaccinated cop or firefighter comes into contact with another person. Why is this an issue to you?

Are they causing greater harm to that person than a vaccinated person? The vaccine neither prevents you from getting COVID, or spreading COVID to the best of my knowledge. If so, what is the greater harm they cause over a vaccinated person?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25038.50
      10-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #4544
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Sorry, I take full responsibility for this. Firing squad at dawn?
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25038.50
Murf99314114.00
Littlebear3509.50
      10-18-2021, 02:56 PM   #4545
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I suppose we could ask the same question of folks in the medical profession, there seems to be a fair number choosing not to get vaccinated......I'll show myself out now.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25038.50
upstatedoc7558.50
      10-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #4546
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Far too merciful.

I'm suggesting being drawn and quartered as a more suitable punishment for your crime.

Bring back the good old times.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
upstatedoc7558.50
      10-18-2021, 03:21 PM   #4547
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I suppose we could ask the same question of folks in the medical profession, there seems to be a fair number choosing not to get vaccinated......I'll show myself out now.
Not so fast, Murf. The doctors get vaccinated:

"AMA survey shows over 96% of doctors fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Jun 11, 2021"

And that was in June!!

https://www.ama-assn.org/press-cente...ainst-covid-19
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:22 PM   #4548
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:

Jun 11, 2021"

And that was in June!!

Lots of doctors, nurses and PSW's not getting vaccinated up here. You know there are other places on the planet besides the US of A eh.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25038.50
      10-18-2021, 03:28 PM   #4549
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Jun 11, 2021"

And that was in June!!

Lots of doctors, nurses and PSW's not getting vaccinated up here. You know there are other places on the planet besides the US of A eh.
….and like I attempted to get across to him earlier, that statistic doesn't factor in the doctors who are forced to get the COVID vaccination to remain employed. It's a statistic that is as dishonest as……well, most of them.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      10-18-2021, 03:33 PM   #4550
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This will be my last response to you…..

….They didn't have a choice. They had about as much choice as me putting a gun to a woman's head and telling her to have sex with me or else. When you place someone's livelihood in jeopardy to gain compliance, THAT isn't choice. If anything requires force, menace, duress or fear to accomplish, THAT isn't choice.
I beg to differ. First, getting a vaccination shot, like wot millions of people have done, is not like having sex with you.
My grocer had his life placed in jeopardy (RIP). Like the saying goes, your choice ends where my nose begins.
There are private and public employers who do not require vaccines. So maybe the non-vaccinated can choose to get employment somewhere else. But the individual rarely has the choice to dictate what the employer should do in his/her company. This is why so many people quit the corporate world & go self employed.

PS: I was counting on you ignoring me like, way back!?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:36 PM   #4551
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What are the vaccine mandates up there for health care workers?
96% vaccinated Doctors in the US is great! Where did they learn that stuff?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:39 PM   #4552
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Ok, but again...specifically why is this an issue to you? So an unvaccinated cop or firefighter comes into contact with another person. Why is this an issue to you?

Are they causing greater harm to that person than a vaccinated person? The vaccine neither prevents you from getting COVID, or spreading COVID to the best of my knowledge. If so, what is the greater harm they cause over a vaccinated person?
The issue is that everything you said above is wrong!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:42 PM   #4553
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You did fine, Doc. The problem is this thread was mis-labeled. It should be, "Ask a Cop Anything Easy".
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:47 PM   #4554
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
….and like I attempted to get across to him earlier, that statistic doesn't factor in the doctors who are forced to get the COVID vaccination to remain employed. It's a statistic that is as dishonest as……well, most of them.
No, the unvaccinated will find that they can't work at the place of their choice. With such a doctor shortage as we have now, I think the stat is spot on.
Besides, that just puts doctors on a sort of equal ground (except that their skills are mobile & more in demand) as other workers. So the 96% vaccinated stat stands well against that in most other industries, showing the dedication and knowledge of said Doctors.
But don't let me get in the way of your conspiracy theory.
Appreciate 0