Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
No he did not. The individual pointed the firearm at Rittenhouse first. The media lied the entire time, but it was revealed in court testimony - by the person he shot - that he pointed a gun at Rittenhouse first. I appreciate that he didn't perjure himself on the stand and was truthful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
He did not
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
No, he did not. He was walking down the street with the rifle hanging in front of him pointed down. He was then being chased by the mob. He had a skateboard whipped at his head. He was kicked to the ground. He only shot after being attacked. Do I think it was bright for him to be walking around with a rifle even if his intentions were good? No. But he didn't start the altercation other than walking around holding a rifle. Unfortunately, if you didn't watch the trial, you didn't see the videos and the MSM didn't report the facts or the videos. They just spewed their narrative.
Honestly, I'm disappointed - I expected better from each of you. You are all focusing on the last attacker who had a gun. Who cares?

If the first killing was justified, then so was the rest, because they had a skateboard and a gun.

However, the first had NEITHER. You guys should know better. It all hinged on the first, if the first was good, the rest was righteous. But the mentally unhinged first one there, he didn't have a gun. And Rittenhouse was running from him, yes...but then it was between cars, can't really see, gunfire in distance, etc...is it good or not? We don't know, but some of the evidence that came out was VERY INTERESTING. Like him having his hand on the barrel of Rittenhouse's gun when he was shot. That to me, along wiht other things that came out that we didn't know about initially from the MSM, suggests Rittenhouse got it right.

But there was no firearm pointed at him in the first one or the second, so let's not go down that path. Its a non starter. Rittenhouse was the first one on scene with a prominently displayed firearm out of all the people who were killed / injured. Full stop.

This was an extremely interesting case, and I'm happy with the conclusion, but bucketfoot has a valid question.
We didn't insinuate his question was invalid. Nobody attacked him. We just presented the facts.

P.S. Rittenhouse presented himself with a firearm…..

…in an environment full of unrest, people looting, shooting, assaulting people, burning structures and cars, etc. IMHO, he would've been an idiot to go out there WITHOUT a firearm. His rifle was a show a force (…much like an unruly crowd). It was not actual force……until he was attacked.
Appreciate 2
paquet629.50
DocL1930.00
      11-19-2021, 07:09 PM   #4908
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
We didn't insinuate his question was invalid. Nobody attacked him. We just presented the facts.

…in an environment full of unrest, people looting, shooting, assaulting people, burning structures and cars, etc. IMHO, he would've been an idiot to go out there WITHOUT a firearm. His rifle was a show a force (…much like an unruly crowd). It was not actual force……until he was attacked.
Fair - but the first person he killed - did he have a firearm or not? He did not. He may have been dangerous, etc, but he did not have a firearm. So Rittenhouse was the first with a firearm, the very last person shot was the one with a firearm, which I understand Rittenhouse did not shoot until he pointed it at Rittenhouse (which again, fair, that's the point where you have reasonable belief your life is in danger), and all I can say on that one is "good shot, could have been even better".

So again, to the question raised - did Rittenhouse first point his firearm at someone else? Yes. Without a doubt. Did he cause the altercation by doing so? I don't think that answer is nearly as clear. And that is where my interest lies. But his question was a good one, and I feel you guys are leaping to the third guy who pointed the firearm first. He is trivial to the matter. It all hinges on the first.

And I don't feel like anyone has addressed the question whether Rittenhouse, who indeed pointed first, caused the altercation
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25022.00
vanguard8245.50
      11-19-2021, 07:18 PM   #4909
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Fair - but the first person he killed - did he have a firearm or not? He did not. He may have been dangerous, etc, but he did not have a firearm. So Rittenhouse was the first with a firearm, the very last person shot was the one with a firearm, which I understand Rittenhouse did not shoot until he pointed it at Rittenhouse (which again, fair, that's the point where you have reasonable belief your life is in danger), and all I can say on that one is "good shot, could have been even better".

So again, to the question raised - did Rittenhouse first point his firearm at someone else? Yes. Without a doubt. Did he cause the altercation by doing so? I don't think that answer is nearly as clear. And that is where my interest lies. But his question was a good one, and I feel you guys are leaping to the third guy who pointed the firearm first. He is trivial to the matter. It all hinges on the first.
You need to align your timeline with the facts.

Rittenhouse was leaving the area BEFORE any rounds were fired. Rosenbaum and the mob chased Rittenhouse. Rosenbaum lunged at him and grabbed the rifle. It was at that point he was fatally shot. Huber was shot after he was hitting Rittenhouse and tried to take the rifle. Again, justified self defense. Grosskreutz was armed, pointed a gun at Rittenhouse AND tried to grab the rifle BEFORE he was shot. All three lost the criminal lottery.

TL;DR - No, Rittenhouse didn't point the rifle AT ANYBODY until they assaulted him. This is supported by CLEAR/HIGH QUALITY video footage.
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
Murf99314114.00
paquet629.50
      11-19-2021, 07:33 PM   #4910
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

I'm good with all of this. That said my question still remains.

If you point a gun at someone and they then do something out of the fear you caused by doing so, are you justified in using deadly force for a situation that you yourself created?

I know this is a hypothetical circumstance and every case is different, but it is also very much a real world situation. Thus I'm interested in your take on this.
      11-19-2021, 07:35 PM   #4911
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
I'm good with all of this. That said my question still remains.

If you point a gun at someone and they then do something out of the fear you caused by doing so, are you justified in using deadly force for a situation that you yourself created?

I know this is a hypothetical circumstance and every case is different, but it is also very much a real world situation. Thus I'm interested in your take on this.
If you point a gun at someone for any reason OTHER THAN self-defense, you are guilty of nothing less than brandishing a deadly weapon (..417 P.C. in California)……but most likely assault with a deadly weapon [firearm] (…245(a)(4) P.C. in California). Both are felonies.
Appreciate 6
bucketfoot1063.50
________4158.50
Murf99314114.00
///d1819.00
paquet629.50
M5Rick59992.50
      11-20-2021, 05:14 AM   #4912
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
At some point people will have to start asking themselves "why is the media pushing a version of a story?"
call me jaded, but i doubt that will happen.
i recall a passage from Groucho Marx's autobiography where he mentions the media slant on a performance painting him as the bad guy - and that was back in the 40's...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25022.00
      11-20-2021, 08:01 AM   #4913
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Sedan_Clan, do you have the forum authority to stop this clown posting the same random ‘where is admin blah blah blah’ crap?

Also, have any motorists have the balls to honk at you? Say light turns green and you delayed pressing on the gas and Speedy Gonzalez let’s it known….
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25022.00
      11-20-2021, 08:08 AM   #4914
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Sedan_Clan, do you have the forum authority to stop this clown posting the same random 'where is admin blah blah blah' crap?

Also, have any motorists have the balls to honk at you? Say light turns green and you delayed pressing on the gas and Speedy Gonzalez let's it known….
I'm not a mod here so I have zero authority.

I haven't had anybody honk at me, but if a motorist did have the balls to actually do it, I would either laugh or pull them over for the improper/non-emergency use of a horn (….27001(a) CVC)……just to check them out. I wouldn't cite for it 99% of the time though.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
F30lolz6798.50
      11-20-2021, 09:03 AM   #4915
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Again I do not know the details of this case, but did he or did he not point his firearm at someone first thus causing the altercation? I'm sure this was the case in at least one other ongoing instance, but am not certain in his case.

If he did not, I agree with you 100%.

I guess in general what I am trying to say/ask is that if you point a gun at someone and they then do something out of the fear you caused, are you justified in using deadly force for a situation that you yourself created.
Here is an excellent article that covers the facts vs the media rhetoric and why so many seem to be confused.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the...le-rittenhouse
Appreciate 3
      11-20-2021, 09:26 AM   #4916
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep
Drives: ///M320i and X5

Quote:

And I don't feel like anyone has addressed the question whether Rittenhouse, who indeed pointed first, caused the altercation
There was testimony by witnesses and the defendant that earlier in the evening Rosenbaum threatened to kill them and cut out their hearts. There was testimony that Rosenbaum had a chain and other unknown items in a bag. Then later, Rosenbaum chased the defendant into a car lot where the defendant was cornered and feared for his life (his testimony an numerous video evidence). Finally, Rosenbaum grabbed the barrel of the gun (no one knows his intention when grabbing the gun, only speculation can be made), the defendant defended himself and ended the threat (or perceived threat). The state obviously failed to prove the elements of the allegations and charged crime, even the lesser charges that they (Wisconsin) introduced at the end of the trial.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      11-20-2021, 09:56 AM   #4917
vanguard8
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1969 2002

Why was Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 09:57 AM   #4918
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard13 View Post
The only testimony that was given, is the aforementioned in the above post. Anything else would be speculation.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
vanguard8245.50
      11-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #4919
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
The only one who could answer that is Rosenbaum.
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2021, 10:02 AM   #4920
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Regardless, the defendant in Wisconsin v. Rittenhouse was acquitted with prejudice. That’s all that really matters.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan25022.00
DocL1930.00
Murf99314114.00
      11-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #4921
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Chacon View Post
The only testimony that was given, is the aforementioned in the above post. Anything else would be speculation.
One would think there was a reason, and that there would be some witness to how the two became antagonistic. I can only assume that no witness was willing to come forward.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 10:09 AM   #4922
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Regardless, the defendant in Wisconsin v. Rittenhouse was acquitted with prejudice. That’s all that really matters.
That might be all that matters for Rittenhouse & his fate, but this case will be picked over for some time. I hope we can learn something from it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 10:12 AM   #4923
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

There were witnesses that testified to his behavior and threatening to kill the defendant and others in the group with the defendant. There was video evidence of Rosenbaum’s erratic & hostile behavior shortly before he chased and cornered the defendant in the car lot.

Rosenbaum was just released from a mental health treatment facility or hospital earlier that day.
So, the only facts the jurors heard and seen must have left reasonable doubt.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #4924
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
That might be all that matters for Rittenhouse & his fate, but this case will be picked over for some time. I hope we can learn something from it.
Picking over a case will do nothing. I don’t know if there is much to learn from the case that most rationale people don’t already know.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      11-20-2021, 10:24 AM   #4925
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
There were witnesses that testified to his behavior and threatening to kill the defendant and others in the group with the defendant. There was video evidence of Rosenbaum’s erratic & hostile behavior shortly before he chased and cornered the defendant in the car lot.

Rosenbaum was just released from a mental health treatment facility or hospital earlier that day.
So, the only facts the jurors heard and seen must have left reasonable doubt.
Thanks. It does seem Rosenbaum was someone who didn't need much of a reason.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 12:55 PM   #4926
vanguard8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Picking over a case will do nothing. I don’t know if there is much to learn from the case that most rationale people don’t already know.
The picking has begun, and this was written before the verdict. May the learning follow.

"After all this mayhem, all this death, what use were the guns that night?

The guns failed to deter attacks against their owners. According to the defense, Rittenhouse’s gun was a reason Rosenbaum pursued him. And Grosskreutz’s gun was the reason Rittenhouse shot him."
"And finally, the guns failed at their most vaunted purpose, helping the good guys fight the bad guys. If Rittenhouse was your good guy, what good did his gun do him? How did it help anyone in the community he was trying to protect? It got two people killed, one person injured, and Rittenhouse himself facing charges of homicide."
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #4927
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
One would think there was a reason, and that there would be some witness to how the two became antagonistic. I can only assume that no witness was willing to come forward.
They were out there to be violent, incite violence and commit a crime (…or crimes). Their criminal histories tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about those three men. Only career criminals or people with a propensity to commit criminals acts find themselves at riots. Generally speaking, law abiding citizens don't go out and damage other people's property and commit acts that purposely hurt others. Kenosha will never recover from the damage caused during the riots. The people of that city are disenfranchised forever.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 03-14-2022 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 6
Lady Jane70717.00
DocL1930.00
upstatedoc7558.50
Murf99314114.00
Sara5791.00
      11-20-2021, 01:22 PM   #4928
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
The picking has begun, and this was written before the verdict. May the learning follow.

"After all this mayhem, all this death, what use were the guns that night?

The guns failed to deter attacks against their owners. According to the defense, Rittenhouse’s gun was a reason Rosenbaum pursued him. And Grosskreutz’s gun was the reason Rittenhouse shot him."
"And finally, the guns failed at their most vaunted purpose, helping the good guys fight the bad guys. If Rittenhouse was your good guy, what good did his gun do him? How did it help anyone in the community he was trying to protect? It got two people killed, one person injured, and Rittenhouse himself facing charges of homicide."
I didn’t say it wouldn’t occur, I stated it wouldn’t do anything, as in it won’t be beneficial or change anything.
The rest is all just noise.
2A and self defense prevailed, next up, the trial in Georgia should be wrapping up next week.
Appreciate 2