BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #2597
zx10guy
Colonel
3033
Rep
2,711
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Past few days of being in the gym have been unbearable. There's this specific individual that literally stinks up the place. When he has ripened as well as aged cheese, it's literally torture being any where near him. So bad that I swear, I can almost taste his funk.

Last night he was in rare form. There was this lingering stentch of BO all over the gym. I looked around and didn't see him at first. I later saw him and realized the funk was from him. I tried to distance myself from him as much as possible but everytime I go to one part of the gym, PePe Le Pew would drift over. I want to bring air freshener to spray the dude down or throw a bar of soap/deodorant at him.

How bad does it have to get before the management of the gym would even say something to somebody such as this stinker?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 04:50 PM   #2598
pennsiveguy
Major
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3268
Rep
1,020
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Past few days of being in the gym have been unbearable. There's this specific individual that literally stinks up the place. When he has ripened as well as aged cheese, it's literally torture being any where near him. So bad that I swear, I can almost taste his funk.

Last night he was in rare form. There was this lingering stentch of BO all over the gym. I looked around and didn't see him at first. I later saw him and realized the funk was from him. I tried to distance myself from him as much as possible but everytime I go to one part of the gym, PePe Le Pew would drift over. I want to bring air freshener to spray the dude down or throw a bar of soap/deodorant at him.

How bad does it have to get before the management of the gym would even say something to somebody such as this stinker?
This is one of the many reasons I could never work out at a public gym. This and 100 other forms of rudeness. I was made to take swimming lessons at the Y as a kid against my will. That place was a shithole. Now that I'm all grown up, I wouldn't go to a gym for any price. I'm on the bike 8-10 hours a week year-round, and I do a dumbbell and kettle bell workout at home 3 or 4 times a week. I do all kinds of physical chores at my cabin; I fell and split and stack 10 cords of firewood a year. I need a gym about like Stevie Wonder needs a telescope.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE
Appreciate 2
zx10guy3032.50
xander_g766.00

      02-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #2599
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
10471
Rep
8,643
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
This is one of the many reasons I could never work out at a public gym. This and 100 other forms of rudeness. I was made to take swimming lessons at the Y as a kid against my will. That place was a shithole. Now that I'm all grown up, I wouldn't go to a gym for any price. I'm on the bike 8-10 hours a week year-round, and I do a dumbbell and kettle bell workout at home 3 or 4 times a week. I do all kinds of physical chores at my cabin; I fell and split and stack 10 cords of firewood a year. I need a gym about like Stevie Wonder needs a telescope.
Are those Canadian or American cords?

One of the first things I do after getting the fire going at the cabin is splitting more wood. . .
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 06:09 PM   #2600
pennsiveguy
Major
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3268
Rep
1,020
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Are those Canadian or American cords?

One of the first things I do after getting the fire going at the cabin is splitting more wood. . .
American cords, 4' x 4' x 8'. I have a couple of metal carports that I bought as kits and set them up as firewood sheds. They're 12' wide, 20' long, and about 7' tall inside. I split into one and burn out of the other. That way I'm always burning wood that had at least one summer to dry. Each usually lasts about a year. Will have some left this year, as it hasn't been as cold. Have a smaller separate shed just for birch, which I burn in the sauna. And another shed near the firepit for "junk" wood to burn there.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE
Appreciate 1
xander_g766.00

      02-20-2020, 07:53 PM   #2601
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
10471
Rep
8,643
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

We just pile it up about 6 feet high upslope from a living tree, then cover with a tarp. All the new rounds that need splitting after a year of sitting are next to the outdoor pit. All the bark that comes off goes in that fire, not that I need to stay warm when chopping!!

I dislike clothing, especially shirts. It cool to see how soon I can get down to bare BACK when it's below freezing and snow on the ground

I have yet to lose my pants in the snow
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 09:15 PM   #2602
pennsiveguy
Major
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
3268
Rep
1,020
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
We just pile it up about 6 feet high upslope from a living tree, then cover with a tarp. All the new rounds that need splitting after a year of sitting are next to the outdoor pit. All the bark that comes off goes in that fire, not that I need to stay warm when chopping!!

I dislike clothing, especially shirts. It cool to see how soon I can get down to bare BACK when it's below freezing and snow on the ground

I have yet to lose my pants in the snow
I split some last weekend at about 5 degrees. Took off the Carhartt coat after about 5 minutes. Took off the flannel shirt after another five. Ended up in a short-sleeve t-shirt, jeans, boots and gloves. No hat, since it wasn't windy. I was still sweating like a blacksmith. When I quit and put away all the gear, my hair froze solid when I ran the 4-wheeler around to the other end of the pole barn.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 03:44 AM   #2603
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
4642
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: M4CPC
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

Into my gym they have also a large spinning room and a gymnastics room. What I really hate when some members on the way/from there who are chatting as much as loudly, that Im be able to hear them through my headphones and above the music though.
Same thing for some women which hadn't got the next-to-near stepper or running band and chat to each other via one in between, and that's mine.
The Ooo-ra! gang, lifting loudly heavy weights and drop them with gruntling noises - and let the equipment stay at their dropped places, no clean up afterwards.
Im sure, every one has sometimes its rants about others
__________________
M4CP - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:06 AM   #2604
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
978
Rep
860
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Happy that my gym doesn't seem to have a lot of these problems. Since it's smaller and a little more expensive for the area ($40/mo, not really expensive but it's in an area thats more run down) everyone in it is polite and clean. Theres a rule in the gym that you have to wipe down seats/benches after your workout, and people follow it to a tee. I never see anyone that forgets to do it. As for the loud conversation stuff you need some better ear phones man or turn the music up! Unless they are being as loud as you stated, but I can't imagine people just yelling in the gym lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:41 AM   #2605
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Dang3r's Avatar
Germany
4642
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: M4CPC
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Liandri Central Core

iTrader: (0)

I pay weekly converted around 18 bucks, have free isotonic drinks, solarium, sauna and for me most important: Free trainers included, hadn't to hire separately, assist you at training plans, food and low carbs…
Its more exclusively by price, not necessarily by interior or members. Sometimes I wonder how some guys could afford the fees, but ok.
__________________
M4CP - ZX12R LE - GPZ750 Turbo

I///M the infidel, your BMW-dealer had warned you about
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:44 AM   #2606
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
978
Rep
860
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
I pay weekly converted around 18 bucks, have free isotonic drinks, solarium, sauna and for me most important: Free trainers included, hadn't to hire separately, assist you at training plans, food and low carbs…
Its more exclusively by price, not necessarily by interior or members. Sometimes I wonder how some guys could afford the fees, but ok.
Wish I had a sauna, the other things don't matter to much to me, but seems like a solid price. I am very envious of that sauna. My gym years ago had one, and nothing felt better after a long workout then 5-10 minutes in there just getting a good sweat out!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #2607
CTinline-six
Welcome to Jurassic Park
CTinline-six's Avatar
United_States
4567
Rep
2,369
Posts

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
How bad does it have to get before the management of the gym would even say something to somebody such as this stinker?
It will never happen. In today's society most establishments would rather lose all their customers than offend someone by telling them they stink.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy3032.50

      03-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #2608
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11048
Rep
23,087
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Show them how to pose with less clothes on and take the photos for them
Appreciate 2
King Rudi8926.00

      03-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #2609
CTinline-six
Welcome to Jurassic Park
CTinline-six's Avatar
United_States
4567
Rep
2,369
Posts

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Show them how to pose with less clothes on and take the photos for them
"I'm a professional photographer. You may have heard of my company called Casting Couch?"
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8926.00

      03-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #2610
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11048
Rep
23,087
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Ah yes a fine establishment
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8926.00

      03-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #2611
ramman434
Second Lieutenant
United_States
182
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: '16 F10 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Last night, twice I had someone come over and take weights off of my bench that I was going to use for my next set with them knowing full well I was on that bench. The first one with some chick that grabbed a 25lb plate off my bench just as I was getting up from finishing a set. I wanted to throw the other 25lb plate I had on the bench at the back of her head. Especially since there was an empty bench right behind mine that had a 25lb plate there.

Second time last night, I didn't catch who ever it was that took the 10s I was going to use at the incline bench as I had just returned from getting a drink at the water fountain. What the hell is wrong with people?
This happens to me constantly. I honestly don't mind if someone asks if they can grab one. 90% of the time, I'm not about to use it. It's simple politeness. Sadly, I only get asked maybe 5% of the time.

The other thing that kills me are the guys wearing the capri/sweatpants. I live in S. FL, where it's hot as hell for one almost year round, so wear shorts. But man, having on pants that cut-off at mid-shin makes you look like you stole your girl's out of her drawer to wear.

I also am constantly wanting to correct people (mostly older 50+) who I see doing exercises incorrectly, with bad form, or just doing stuff that there's no way it's actually working anything whatsoever.
__________________
'98 Cobalt Green Pearl Nissan 240sx SE -manual swap, Fortune Auto Coilovers, Blitz Nur Spec R catback, CF hood w/flush mounted pins SOLD
'07 Montego Blue E92 BMW 335i - 6spd. Weiss Licht Angel Eyes, AFE DCI, Vishnu 3.5 - SOLD
'16 Carbon Black Metallic F10 BMW 535i M-Sport - LED Headlights, Fully loaded except rear entertainment
Appreciate 1
zx10guy3032.50

      03-18-2020, 03:44 PM   #2612
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8037
Rep
2,198
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Surprised no one's mentioned....thing's that annoy you at the gym.....is when it's closed!

Seriously though....stay safe everyone!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 3
zx10guy3032.50
PoorLurker1174.00
King Rudi8926.00

      03-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #2613
1MOREMOD
-
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
11048
Rep
23,087
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Yeah that's the real bummer now, coronavirus is killing my gains bro
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8036.50

      03-18-2020, 04:19 PM   #2614
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
978
Rep
860
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Surprised no one's mentioned....thing's that annoy you at the gym.....is when it's closed!

Seriously though....stay safe everyone!
So far so good on my end! Dreading them closing though because I know it is coming eventually.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8036.50

      03-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #2615
zx10guy
Colonel
3033
Rep
2,711
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Surprised no one's mentioned....thing's that annoy you at the gym.....is when it's closed!

Seriously though....stay safe everyone!
Exactly. The interesting thing is before the forced closure there were maybe at most 20 people in the gym at any given time when I went. This was well below the guidance of no more than 50 people. The staff was cleaning/wiping down the equipment when I was there. They had plenty of wipes available for us to use. I didn't see any problems with the exception of some people there violating the 6 ft rule being near each other. When I was there, I didn't bother asking for a spot.

I just got my home gym set up last night. So let's see how well the equipment I have will be keeping my gains. I already ran into some issues while working out wishing I had X equipment. My neighbor and I were talking and he has a membership with Anytime Fitness. So he's going to go to the neighboring state which hasn't shut down their gyms. But said he might want to come over and use my home gym.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8036.50

      03-23-2020, 12:38 AM   #2616
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1174
Rep
664
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUYWITHHOMEGYM View Post
Yeah that's the real bummer now, coronavirus is killing my gains bro
.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2020, 11:07 AM   #2617
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
8926
Rep
1,685
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Surprised no one's mentioned....thing's that annoy you at the gym.....is when it's closed!

Seriously though....stay safe everyone!
Was coming here to comment on just this.

Since the spare bedroom/office is now my new gym, my biggest complaint is that there isn't anyone to laugh at, check out, talk to or give shit to (I like to pick on guys twice my size).

For now, my biggest annoyance at the gym is the lack of equipment. Having some serious cable machine withdrawals. I've taken quite the shine with the one at the gym. My triceps need some love. I think I'm going to rig a rope, sheet or towel up to the chin up bar tonight then hang a kettle bell off of it so I can hit the tri's this way.

Last night I had my first real parallette workout. F'n ouch, that planche business is no joke. Oddly enough I had a hard time with the L sit but could pull off the planche. I feel like I've been beaten with a cane this morning. Good workout though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
We're Americans. Leave your logic and science witchcraft out of this! Jesus and guns are all we need.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8036.50

      03-24-2020, 12:37 PM   #2618
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
978
Rep
860
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Was coming here to comment on just this.

Since the spare bedroom/office is now my new gym, my biggest complaint is that there isn't anyone to laugh at, check out, talk to or give shit to (I like to pick on guys twice my size).

For now, my biggest annoyance at the gym is the lack of equipment. Having some serious cable machine withdrawals. I've taken quite the shine with the one at the gym. My triceps need some love. I think I'm going to rig a rope, sheet or towel up to the chin up bar tonight then hang a kettle bell off of it so I can hit the tri's this way.

Last night I had my first real parallette workout. F'n ouch, that planche business is no joke. Oddly enough I had a hard time with the L sit but could pull off the planche. I feel like I've been beaten with a cane this morning. Good workout though.
Close grip push-ups are your friend. Easy way to crush your triceps as long as form is proper. If you have dumbbells, even light weight you can do over head extensions either single hand or double depending on the weight. You can also do bench dips on common household furniture. Keep after it!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8036.50
King Rudi8926.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST