Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

06-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #23
Manny212
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

i've been paying $60 a month for the past 2 years and havent stepped foot in the gym the past 4 months or so. I like to go running outdoors and i have a punching bag in the garage i use after running.

My dad wants to throw a bowflex in the garage so i'm going to quit the gym in august and we're throwing a pool in the backyard so ill be swimming everyday to keep in shape. Unless you workout hardcore and want to put on many pounds of muscle, the gym is pretty useless when you can get great workouts at home

2008 E92///M3 - | Alpine White/Fox Red Extended Novillo | Technology | Premium | Cold |
Mods: | 19" Avante Garde | Macht Schnell Filter | RPi Scoops | Rogue SSK | MS Spacers | ACM Test Pipes | ESS Tune | Remus Race | LUX V4 Angels | KW V3 |
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #24
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
People love making fun of Bowflex's but it works. I need more weight added though. Guess this means I need to buy another one.
Just upgrade your power rods to more weight. I think 410 lbs. is the highest they have, I have the 310 lb. upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #25
smog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
I really really really hate it when the gym smells like fart or poop..... and who doesn't?
i hear ya bro.. that was one of the major demotivator for me. at one point all i could focus on was other people's sweats, poop and other dude's sweaty butt cheeks mixing with farts..

so i quit my membership about 2 months ago, now im thinking of trying out this P90X program that i downloaded last week. it only requires a pull-up bar and dumbells or resistance bands. major plus for me since i have no room for a bench, racks and a bunch of weights.. anyone tried this P90X? is it the real deal?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #26
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

It's harder to stay motivated when the nicer weather comes along.
Like tonight, I don't feel like going to the gym, but I have to stick to my 3x/week routine...

Seeing this avatar motivates me lol

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #27
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Damn. All I hear is a bunch of whining in this thread.

It's not hard to go to the gym. I pay $15 a month which is an amazing deal considering that I go 5 days out of the week, and that I could never buy all of the equipment that I would need to complete my workouts, let alone have the place to put it.

I'm putting on muscle mass, just got on a weight gainer, got a trainer for a bit. I've seen HUGE results in a short period of time.

By working out at home you seclude yourself from the advice of others, and their knowledge of working out/exercising.

After getting a trainer I have come to realize that I have spent many many months at the gym wasting my time. I just wasn't pushing myself hard enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 01:30 AM   #28
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
After getting a trainer I have come to realize that I have spent many many months at the gym wasting my time. I just wasn't pushing myself hard enough.
Trainer FTW! I'm available in SoCal.

Seriously, I see so many people wasting their time in the gym with unfocused effort and repetitive, low-intensity routines. Bad form is so common as well. Drives me nuts actually. One of the best motivators to get to the gym is seeing results. A trainer will likely help in that regards although I have seen some horsesh*t trainers. I work with some unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 01:35 AM   #29
yoyeewee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92phreak View Post
I stopped going 6 years ago but still keep paying the darn monthly dues. :
LOL! I stopped going too about 4 years ago but have been paying the monthly dues too since then. *sigh*
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #30
PBmadness
Rep
Drives: Red Wagon

consistent workout routine + good diet + rest = results

The biggest mistake I see in the gym is bad form or improper execution and too much weight.

People also need to learn gym etiquette. Those at 24 Hour are the worst. I guess I get what I pay for ($9/month).
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #31
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I prefer the gym. Just because it gets me out of the house, and you never know whom you might meet or run into. Old friends, a new lady, etc.

I've been working non-stop for the past week and havent gone since last Saturday/Sunday and it's killing me. I have to go tomorrow if at all possible. But they'll probably have me slaving away for another 12+ hours again. By the end of the day I'm exhausted and have no desire to work out. I just want to get home and lay in bed.
Appreciate 0