Closed Thread

10-11-2021, 07:51 PM   #1
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Kyrie Irving fiasco

I hadn't been following this story too closely but just saw an article about the bonehead Kyrie Irving. So because he is refusing to get vaccinated, he will not be allowed to play in the Nets' home arena. As of right now, even coach Steve Nash said they're going to have to play without him during all of their home games. How the hell is this even acceptable for him to even play at all? If I were a Nets fan (I'm not), I'd be livid about his attitude.

To put this into perspective, he won't be participating in 41 home games. Who knows what some other venues on the road will say about it.

Another interesting fact is he won't be paid for those games he isn't playing in. That's equivalent to $381,000 for each home game. If he misses each home game, he's giving up a total of $15.6 million of his salary. Insane.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2021, 07:59 PM   #2
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep
Drives: ///M320i and X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I hadn't been following this story too closely but just saw an article about the bonehead Kyrie Irving. So because he is refusing to get vaccinated, he will not be allowed to play in the Nets' home arena. As of right now, even coach Steve Nash said they're going to have to play without him during all of their home games. How the hell is this even acceptable for him to even play at all? If I were a Nets fan (I'm not), I'd be livid about his attitude.

To put this into perspective, he won't be participating in 41 home games. Who knows what some other venues on the road will say about it.

Another interesting fact is he won't be paid for those games he isn't playing in. That's equivalent to $381,000 for each home game. If he misses each home game, he's giving up a total of $15.6 million of his salary. Insane.
Yeah, how dare he have convictions and stick with them. Why does it matter to you or anyone else what he does or doesn’t do? (Rhetorical) I’m sure he won’t mind if you take his 2 initial shots and his booster every other week.

Like I told you and the others in one of the 67 other vax threads, not everyone can be bought or forced to comply. I know that hurts some of you guys, but it’s a reality.

“Fiasco”, wow.
Appreciate 10
scostu1619.50
Mosaud19983890.00
EnVe461037.50
f8xdct158.00
Torgus3779.00
ntg442887.50
jasonX35.00
      10-11-2021, 08:45 PM   #3
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Chacon View Post
Yeah, how dare he have convictions and stick with them. Why does it matter to you or anyone else what he does or doesn’t do? (Rhetorical) I’m sure he won’t mind if you take his 2 initial shots and his booster every other week.

Like I told you and the others in one of the 67 other vax threads, not everyone can be bought or forced to comply. I know that hurts some of you guys, but it’s a reality.

“Fiasco”, wow.
Somehow I knew this was coming. In any case, I can't remember anything like this in history so found it to be interesting. FWIW, he also thinks the earth is flat, lol.

Kyrie not playing at his home games won't hurt me personally, but it'll surely aggravate fans. I think it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Oh and yeah, I'd say it's a "fiasco" but primarily for Brooklyn Nets fans.
Appreciate 3
HXS741.00
      10-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #4
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Part of why I went from being a big NBA fan to not even checking scores is because players have become increasingly narcissistic and self-centered. Thanks to the social media age and Adam Silver being a complete simp, the players have more control over the league than ever before. They hop around in free agency creating super teams, they bring their personal beliefs from off the court onto the court, say stupid shit on Twitter on a daily basis, and pull stuff like what Kyrie is doing.

I miss how the NBA was pre-Lebron "decision." I can only imagine how Kobe would have treated a teammate like this.
Appreciate 9
F30lolz6798.50
TiMSport12786.50
lakefront560.50
Gregrobin577.00
HXS741.00
Torgus3779.00
King Rudi13152.00
vanguard8245.50
      10-11-2021, 09:02 PM   #5
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

“Fiasco”, wow.
They can stick with their convictions, but employers have every right to fine or fire them. Kyrie will be just fine financially, but I hope he feels the pain from his actions.
Appreciate 5
      10-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #6
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Somehow I knew this was coming. In any case, I can't remember anything like this in history so found it to be interesting. FWIW, he also thinks the earth is flat, lol.

Kyrie not playing at his home games won't hurt me personally, but it'll surely aggravate fans. I think it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. Oh and yeah, I'd say it's a "fiasco" but primarily for Brooklyn Nets fans.
The thing is, most normal people don’t care if he thinks the earth is shaped like a pyramid.

I think it’s a sad day in America when a citizen has to sacrifice any amount of income because of a “scary” virus.

This is just the beginning, soon it’ll affect every industry and everyone will feel the pain of these ridiculous mandates. Law enforcement, medical, education, travel, national defense, and everything in between. My wife will be laid off soon, and it’s only hurting the national defense, not us. But she’s sticking to her convictions.

Last edited by Pablo Chacon; 10-11-2021 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 6
      10-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #7
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
They can stick with their convictions, but employers have every right to fine or fire them. Kyrie will be just fine financially, but I hope he feels the pain from his actions.
Until they don’t.

Did someone in the OP or other post state that employers don’t have certain rights? Are you wanting to start a discussion on an employer’s rights?
You’re stating a lot of the obvious here.

Last edited by Pablo Chacon; 10-11-2021 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 09:12 PM   #8
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Nets ownership/management have no spine. They wanted to trade Kyrie but Durant stepped in and said no. Seriously? And this talk from Kyrie’s people who said he’ll retire if he’s traded? I swear, Durant and Kyrie share the same tampon. Knicks might not be a top 15 team but they don’t have a bunch of Divas like the Nets/Lakers/76’ers have.

They really don’t need Kyrie to win as long as they stay healthy but even if Kyrie got the jab, who’s to say he won’t take a 2 week break in February and disappear? The stars aren’t aligned the way Kyrie wants and he’ll want to stay in Australia to find himself during the first two rounds of the playoffs. There will be no continuity with him being in/out of the lineup so just trade his ass and if he threatens to retire, call his bluff and see what happens. But I think Harden will bolt after this season.
Appreciate 3
      10-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #9
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

In the end I'm glad because I hate the Nets. This super team bullshit is old. At least my favorite team (Hawks) have done things the right way so far. High draft picks mixed with solid veteran players. Now that they've surprised most people in their playoff run last season they'll probably suck ass this season. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:15 PM   #10
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Until they don’t.

Did someone in the OP or other post state that employers don’t have certain rights? Are you wanting to start a discussion on an employer’s rights?
You’re stating a lot of the obvious here.
You're just looking to get into a political argument. Take it elsewhere.
Appreciate 4
TiMSport12786.50
Oldgixxer1677.50
540iSUP703.00
      10-11-2021, 11:49 PM   #11
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Kyrie is a jackass and selfish as shit for 100 different reasons (to his team, I mean). I would not want this guy on my team.

If you want to help social justice and not get vaccinated, cool, do it. However don't legit quit on your team (oh, and then get injured in the playoffs) because one night you feel like you need a mental break due to social justice issues. Like, dude, you make $50 mil a year.

There is a reason Cleveland and Boston were glad to see this dipshit go (and not coincidentally....were worse teams with him). He just seems like a draining personality and individual. I get the feeling the Nets are starting to realize this, too, and are tired of his drama. Like, when you make KD look normal and would rather deal with him on a daily basis.....you are really out there.

I am definitely curious to see what happens here. Is there a more unlikable and miserable team than the current Nets with Harden, KD, and Kyrie? All three of these guys are just problems for the most part. Durant at least backs it up and is a great player.....Harden and Kyrie are just hanger-ons, they have never won anything being the main person and never would (and please, Lebron won that title for the Cavs).

There was nothing more sweet than the Bucks beating these clowns last year. Giannis is the most courteous, humble, appreciative, nice guy you could ever meet. I know various people in dealings with him professionally and his entire family is the same. Such a likeable and genuine person.

The Nets are over-hyped and it's fun....even this year they have started chirping already. Bottom line, there is 0.01% chance the big 3 get through an entire year without Harden being injured because he is lazy and out of shape, Durant causing some big stir because someone made fun of him on Twitter, or Irving just being his dipshit self.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i

Last edited by mjr24; 10-12-2021 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 2
lakefront560.50
TiMSport12786.50
      10-11-2021, 11:51 PM   #12
mjr24
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Nets ownership/management have no spine. They wanted to trade Kyrie but Durant stepped in and said no. Seriously? And this talk from Kyrie’s people who said he’ll retire if he’s traded? I swear, Durant and Kyrie share the same tampon. Knicks might not be a top 15 team but they don’t have a bunch of Divas like the Nets/Lakers/76’ers have.

They really don’t need Kyrie to win as long as they stay healthy but even if Kyrie got the jab, who’s to say he won’t take a 2 week break in February and disappear? The stars aren’t aligned the way Kyrie wants and he’ll want to stay in Australia to find himself during the first two rounds of the playoffs. There will be no continuity with him being in/out of the lineup so just trade his ass and if he threatens to retire, call his bluff and see what happens. But I think Harden will bolt after this season.
I personally think that obviously that's his friend.....and he hasn't missed a game yet due to this (I mean regular season) but I would bet this shit is getting old to KD, too. KD is trying to finally win as the top dog on his team.....and has a lot of goodwill from last year when he was great....and now Kyrie is pulling this trash. Let's see what he has to say about this in 2 months if Kyrie isn't playing home games and they are barely above .500 overall.

Dare I say I'd trade Kyrie for Ben Simmons in a second...and I think Ben is a selfish jackass, too.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 11:57 PM   #13
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

What hilarious is that he is taking the greatest risk, yet not allowed to play at home.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 07:13 AM   #14
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Kyrie is a jackass and selfish as shit for 100 different reasons (to his team, I mean). I would not want this guy on my team.

Bottom line, there is 0.01% chance the big 3 get through an entire year without Harden being injured because he is lazy and out of shape
Also, they played at Philadelphia last night and guess what? Kyrie wasn’t there so another reason why he’s not 100% fully committed to basketball.

Harden is in his contract year so he’ll make sure he’ll ball out and stay healthy. If he turned down 2 years and $103M from the Rockets, he may want $65M a season so trust me, Harden will play above MVP status for that payday.

Quote:
I personally think that obviously that's his friend.....and he hasn't missed a game yet due to this (I mean regular season) but I would bet this shit is getting old to KD, too. KD is trying to finally win as the top dog on his team.....and has a lot of goodwill from last year when he was great....and now Kyrie is pulling this trash. Let's see what he has to say about this in 2 months if Kyrie isn't playing home games and they are barely above .500 overall.

Dare I say I'd trade Kyrie for Ben Simmons in a second...and I think Ben is a selfish jackass, too.
As I’ve said earlier, management just needs to trade him now and screw what Durant thinks. If Kyrie retires, so be it. He’s not going to be in 100% so why deal with this guy more? You’re right that KD will eventually, if not now, be tired already regarding Kyrie and may give ownership the green light to get his ass outta Brooklyn.

And we all know why Ben Simmons is back. Mi$$ing that money.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 08:40 AM   #15
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

I'm no Kyrie Irving fan and I think he is an egotistical player and I despised what he did to Boston last year. You can disagree with his vaccine choice but still respect his choice cause its a free country and its his body.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #16
DenverSteve
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
I'm no Kyrie Irving fan and I think he is an egotistical player and I despised what he did to Boston last year. You can disagree with his vaccine choice but still respect his choice cause its a free country and its his body.
Yes. He's an ass far beyond this issue BUT this is about the ramifications of his decision. If the league/team set up requirements for vaccine and/or testing each/every player can follow the protocol or "choose to" suffer the consequences. If one knows the consequences and agrees to suffer them, then the decision is beyond anyone but those affected. If the team, league and Kyrie are all good with the results then who else cares? If the fans care, they'll cause enough stink that he gets fired. If his teammates care, they'll make it known and act accordingly..... and so on.

At the end of the day if the league really cared about a deadly pandemic, they would make all attendees to any packed arena be fully vaccinated. That would mean all, with no exceptions - coaches, vendors, players, referees....... It's obvious they don't care that much. Money will always be the driver, not the game. That ship has LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG sailed.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #17
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Nets just announced that Kyrie will not play at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 10:23 AM   #18
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're just looking to get into a political argument. Take it elsewhere.
So you make a comment that doesn’t have anything to do with the OP or discussion, get called out for said comment then decry “you’re just looking to make it political.”
Really makes sense.

I’ll leave you guys to your e-circle jerk.
YB,MC
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2021, 11:12 AM   #19
Pablo Chacon
Mexico
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Companies have found a way to force vaccinations.

Log into x system and record vaccination status. Those who are not vaccinated must submit a negative COVID test every 72 hours. Company will pay for the first two COVID test.
I don’t think anyone is saying a company can’t find a way to force someone to comply. I’m saying that not everyone can be forced/compelled to comply.
Appreciate 2
omasou2079.50
      10-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #20
mjr24
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Nets just announced that Kyrie will not play at all.
Yep, they are drawing a line in the sand....good for them. I just don't even know the possible ramifications of trading him. Who knows if the team he went to would be in a city that may well enact the same restrictions some day.

My honest opinion is he eventually gets vaccinated....too much money to give up. I'd actually have more respect for him than I do now if he held his ground and retired.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #21
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, they are drawing a line in the sand....good for them. I just don't even know the possible ramifications of trading him. Who knows if the team he went to would be in a city that may well enact the same restrictions some day.

My honest opinion is he eventually gets vaccinated....too much money to give up. I'd actually have more respect for him than I do now if he held his ground and retired.
Philadelphia is not insanely far from his house so he may decide to go there for Ben Simmons. However, he’ll get paid for road games so he may take this year off if he chooses or he might miss basketball so much that he’ll either:

1. Get the jab
2. Accept a trade w/o threatening to retire.

Ben Simmons on the Nets would be intriguing as they’ll have enough shooters around him to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #22
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Kyrie seems to want to fight for those that are oppressed and have no voice, I may not understand his desire to not get vaccinated but it's his choice. The Nets have stated that they will not allow unvaccinated members to practice and will not relocate team facilities to accommodate unvaccinated players. Unfortunately, his stance may cost him his job which pays him in excess of $50M plus endorsements per year.