03-09-2024, 09:54 AM   #1
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

UK IX Deals?

Hi all,

hope you are well.

Ive been toying with buying an IX3 or an IX over the last couple of months. I was leaning towards the IX3 mainly as it has buttons but also as I was lead to believe by a broker that there were amazing deals to be had from BMW as they had an over supply.

The broker is now telling me that BWM have got rid of their over stock and he cant get a discounted price any more but he can get aheavily discounted IX as BWM have stock to shift.

I just wondered if any one in the UK has heard of BWM giving heavy discounts on the IX due to over stock?

Id happily have one if the price was right :-)

I was looking to pay cash for something 6-12 months old.

thanks

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 05:55 PM   #2
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Hi most of the guys here are US based.

I did a fair bit of research got mine in December was a painful wait due to delays. You might find it’s easier to get better deals on brand new with manufacturer support via the finance arm.

The deal is usually in parts with the dealer discount and BMWFS discount who are ‘separate’ entities when it comes to deals.

BMWFS are currently offering 4.5K and 4.9% this is better than last quarter. New quarter starts April. You can take finance and settle immediately

Dealers can be pushed to 8k too so 12.5k in total for the ix 40i

They have taken away the wall box offer which is countered by extra BMWFS support since last quarter.

This gives you an idea

https://www.john-clark.co.uk/bmw/new...rive40-m-sport

As for cash deals on used you are at the mercy of the dealer. You could remove dealer margin by looking at auction - notnsure how often they would appear. I looked at various brokers and none could get near the above offer bizarrely

I was jealous of a chap getting a cancelled ixm60 brand new for 90k ish.

I love the car just wish I could afford the daddy version! I had an x3m before and would choose the I20 platform over the g as it’s more modern. Quality and refinement are superb.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13529.50
      03-14-2024, 12:28 PM   #3
RixT
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX xDrive50

If you're a cash buyer, you have plenty of choice. You can pick up 6 month old at 30-34% off list

After a lot of deliberation and looking for a 6 month old vehicle I instead went for a 24 month old xDrive50 that had come off lease with 15K miles and near to fully loaded at 47% off its list price (Plus it had the air suspension and active rear steering I wanted that recent ones didn't have)

Take your time on AutoTrader and you can track which have the right options mix and are selling at the best discount. You'll soon see which of the dealerships have the higher markups. Lowest consistent pricing was from the Belfast dealer but needs a short flight and ferry ride to bring it back.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 12:45 PM   #4
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Hi most of the guys here are US based.

I did a fair bit of research got mine in December was a painful wait due to delays. You might find it’s easier to get better deals on brand new with manufacturer support via the finance arm.

The deal is usually in parts with the dealer discount and BMWFS discount who are ‘separate’ entities when it comes to deals.

BMWFS are currently offering 4.5K and 4.9% this is better than last quarter. New quarter starts April. You can take finance and settle immediately

Dealers can be pushed to 8k too so 12.5k in total for the ix 40i

They have taken away the wall box offer which is countered by extra BMWFS support since last quarter.

This gives you an idea

https://www.john-clark.co.uk/bmw/new...rive40-m-sport

As for cash deals on used you are at the mercy of the dealer. You could remove dealer margin by looking at auction - notnsure how often they would appear. I looked at various brokers and none could get near the above offer bizarrely

I was jealous of a chap getting a cancelled ixm60 brand new for 90k ish.

I love the car just wish I could afford the daddy version! I had an x3m before and would choose the I20 platform over the g as it’s more modern. Quality and refinement are superb.
thanks for coming back to me and thanks for the advice. I have just tried to discuss with 1 dealer who wouldn't give me prices unless I went to sit in his show room. I point out that the cars he had for sale were 15k over valuation price and he didnt care. That was the price and he wasnt going to discount, even though its quarter end and they have stock of IX to clear.

I just dont get dealers. For me the cars worth what someone is prepared to pay.

Anyway its good to know that I could haggle 12.5k off a new IX40 if I pushed the right buttons - ironically not while I was in the car:-)

Update - Ive been offered a mercedes EQC - under 12 months old for 35k and I could list a number of other 'premium SUV EVs' that have suffered from a large depn in the first 12 or so months. It seems BWM are the only dealers who are still protecting max margin rather than trying to shift units
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 12:58 PM   #5
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixT View Post
If you're a cash buyer, you have plenty of choice. You can pick up 6 month old at 30-34% off list

After a lot of deliberation and looking for a 6 month old vehicle I instead went for a 24 month old xDrive50 that had come off lease with 15K miles and near to fully loaded at 47% off its list price (Plus it had the air suspension and active rear steering I wanted that recent ones didn't have)

Take your time on AutoTrader and you can track which have the right options mix and are selling at the best discount. You'll soon see which of the dealerships have the higher markups. Lowest consistent pricing was from the Belfast dealer but needs a short flight and ferry ride to bring it back.
Thanks for the info.

As above I looked at a 12 month old IX40 that BMW wanted 55k for, the valuation price was 45k. I think 45k seems about the right price in the market. Anyway I like your suggestion of a 24 month old IX50. Ive no issue with age I just wanted to buy at the sweet spot so initial depreciation is gone. If I took a BMW dealer car at the moment Id be losing 10k as soon as I signed on the line which is nuts in my view.

I like the idea of air, rear steering and heads up display so an older IX50 would fit the bill.

Not driven one yet, I have an X3 so I can assume the IX3 is similar but a better drive train and more immediate throttle response. Ive read the IX50 benefits from the air and rear steering vs the IX40. Like everyone here - its crazy to talk about these cars in terms of performance on twisty bits, but I do like a car that doesn't role and I dont have the think about when I drive. I think the IX3 and IX are both like that where as the mercedes and volvo equivalents can be a bit wollowy.

Ive no issue with Belfast, it'd make a good excuse for a long weekend :-)

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 01:24 PM   #6
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

I forgot to ask how you get on with the buttonless controls and the wonky steering wheel...
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 03:07 AM   #7
RixT
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

When you look at price valuations, such as that generated by Glassses or other, they tend not to take into consideration all options. The option content of the vehicle makes a significant contribution to a price difference between what looks like similar vehicles. An approved used vehicle will be higher as its main dealer supplied.

Heads-up display is in all, browse the BMW configurator to see what is standard, what are options and what you think is important for you. You get used to the steering wheel the displays, etc as they're well designed and just need some familiarity.

Take a '40 for a test drive. You may find the performance, comfort and ride is adequate and the cost is lower than the '50 by some margin. Note that the air suspension was deleted from the '50 between late 2022 to late 2023 so the difference for that time period between the 40/50 is just the battery range and performance. All have adaptive suspension which helps with body roll and stiffens in Sport mode.

So, browse on the forum, look through the Autotrader adverts, build some knowledge and that'll get you the vehicle you're looking for.
Appreciate 1
dazzapb1050.00
      03-15-2024, 04:13 PM   #8
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

All good points here. I was ok with my deal not worried about depreciation too much as for some reason they set the GFV higher than when I signed - differed to BMWFS quarter rate by 3k+ (I suspect to keep monthlies the same after 4 months delay)
So at the end of term the keys are going back to BMWFS I imagine. Any equity will be a complete bonus. Almost like a lease but with my chosen options 4 years is a while but I took my last car to term and this car has a 4 year service plan. I expect my maintenance bill will be tyres, MOT and warranty extension between year 3-4

3 months in I love it and completely sold by the ix and EV experience it suits my lifestyle with kids etc.
I do miss the x3m for those 1% moments but the ix is a stunning car.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 04:19 PM   #9
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyhaggis View Post
I forgot to ask how you get on with the buttonless controls and the wonky steering wheel...
No issues here at all. Takes a while to work out HVAC stuff but it’s all good.
The MY2024 msport has a normal wheel - looks nice to me but hey ho. Check the ix build configuration to see.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 04:35 AM   #10
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
No issues here at all. Takes a while to work out HVAC stuff but it’s all good.
The MY2024 msport has a normal wheel - looks nice to me but hey ho. Check the ix build configuration to see.
I read about the wonky wheel, a chap in the US converted an M sport wheel to his IX and it seemed to work perfectly.

However I didnt know that the Msport IX now comes with the round wheel - Im not saying its a game changer but I do think it will help my OCD :-)
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 06:43 AM   #11
Bevforme
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX50 Aug '22 build

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [10.00]
OCD here 😂 and no issues at all with the steering wheel. Feels just fine in every day use. In fact, I like it… 15K miles very mixed driving… don’t get hung up on it… but my car does have 4 wheel steering, maybe that helps with not needing to move the wheel so much…???
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 11:33 AM   #12
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevforme View Post
OCD here 😂 and no issues at all with the steering wheel. Feels just fine in every day use. In fact, I like it… 15K miles very mixed driving… don’t get hung up on it… but my car does have 4 wheel steering, maybe that helps with not needing to move the wheel so much…???
:-) yep I hear its going around. I only read that the wonky wheel if you hold it at 3 and 9 makes youre elbows dig in due to the angle. Im not worried about it. I quite like the look of the wonky wheel it was more about would I get used to it.

It took me 6 months to stop moaning about my first automatic gear box. Then I was fine. Im sure it will be the same with the no button and wonky wheel car design.

4 ws again was an option I was keen on. I'm not fussed about the extra power of the 50 vs the 40 or even the range. The 40 will be quicker than my X3 30d and I generally just pootle around so it wont be an issue but I do like some of the features (when they were available) in the 50. Ill read the forum and start to work out what I need.
Appreciate 1
Bevforme130.00
      03-16-2024, 11:53 AM   #13
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Hi

just out of interest which lease company did you buy from?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 09:49 AM   #14
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Interestingly I spoke to a BMW dealer today about an IX he has for sale.

Of note he described the IX40 as having a 4 litre engine. Then the deal he wanted to strike was to add £1000 to the screen price (he couldn't remember what the price was) and offer me less than I would get from we buy any car for my trade in (which always a bit low).

Then the real 'you must have this car you wont get anything better anywhere else' deal that he tried to sell me was that he would get the car washed before I picked it up - not really a deal at all.

I really struggle with having to deal with dealers - and thats just an example of why. Ill keep looking.

I thought there would be deals to be had due to EV prices and end of quarter sales etc but Im not sure this dealer knows what cars they are selling never mind what their business targets are
Appreciate 1
Bevforme130.00
      03-28-2024, 08:03 AM   #15
RixT
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyhaggis View Post
Hi

just out of interest which lease company did you buy from?

thanks
Purchased from Bowker BMW, Blackburn who were very responsive, honest and reliable to deal with. Speak with Scott Taylor.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 08:55 AM   #16
cunny
Rep
Drives: BMW IX

If you run your own business BMW Business had some great deals that weren’t available through brokers when I got mine. I think they come and go but may be available now.

Even some of the dealers I went to weren’t aware of the offer and quoted me a much higher price.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 04:06 AM   #17
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Purchased from Bowker BMW, Blackburn who were very responsive, honest and reliable to deal with. Speak with Scott Taylor.
Many thanks its always good to know someone who knows someone. Ill reach out to Scott.

By contrast the bloke I spoke to this week had '30 years of experience and pride in delivering fantastic customer experiences' which was good to know but I dont think Ill be taking his word for it.

Shame I quite liked the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 04:10 AM   #18
shandyhaggis
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunny View Post
If you run your own business BMW Business had some great deals that weren’t available through brokers when I got mine. I think they come and go but may be available now.

Even some of the dealers I went to weren’t aware of the offer and quoted me a much higher price.
Hi

I do have a business but Ive not used it for a number of years so there is no cash flow there.

I can certainly mention it to see if it opens up opportunities.

thanks
Appreciate 0