VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_69 View Post
sorry if it was previously discussed: is it possible to code right external mirror angle when in R position? It falls almost down, in G-series it was an option to code the angle @ 30' for example
I urge you to read this thread from the beginning so you can see the limitations. The short answer is no, you will not be able to do that because that module is not locally accessible for coding. The only module you can code right now is the head unit for enabling/disabling disclaimers, etc.. I posted a few screenshots a few replies back…
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2023, 10:39 AM   #90
Punisher_69
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50/2023/White

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
I urge you to read this thread from the beginning so you can see the limitations. The short answer is no, you will not be able to do that because that module is not locally accessible for coding. The only module you can code right now is the head unit for enabling/disabling disclaimers, etc.. I posted a few screenshots a few replies back…
thanks a lot
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2023, 06:34 PM   #91
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
thanks ... missed that. Posted a request for my SBR ... lets see what kind of response I get.

Scoured other threads on CT, nothing else promising as far as offline CAFD files. The two or three guys that claiming success are hardcore, longtime members/coders. I'm confident in their abilities and if they say they have a method, they surely do.
So my reply got removed from the thread on CT Forum and converted to its own thread where no replies were received.

It appears that FemtoEVO can create signed VO's which can be modified for successful VO coding, however still not sure how that works without the CAFD files offline and on your PC. Will need to research this more. Maybe I could atleast add the H-Worte to remove the Seat Belt Reminders vita this mechanism
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2023, 10:12 AM   #92
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Just for the heck of it, I plugged in my old UniCarScan Bluetooth adapter into my iX and launched BimmerCode (recent beta version via TestFlight) and the iX is definitely on the list of supported vehicles despite not being on the website. True to form, only the head unit can be updated with very basic functions. Here is a list of what I can change in basic mode:
So Stephan added me to TestFlight, but I can not get BimmerCode to communicate with my i7 or iX or R18 via Ethernet ENET Adapter. I have a few wireless adapter that worked in the past with bimmercode, however I have always found ENET most stable and reliable for coding. I keep getting "Connection error". I have verified my ethernet settings are correct and the device has self-assigned an ip address in 169.x.x.x range as always, vehicle in Diagnostic Mode.

Is your BETA Bimmercode still working with iX MGU21? My BimmerCode verison is: TestFlight 4.3 (13406) - 14.20.1
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:17 AM   #93
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So Stephan added me to TestFlight, but I can not get BimmerCode to communicate with my i7 or iX or R18 via Ethernet ENET Adapter. I have a few wireless adapter that worked in the past with bimmercode, however I have always found ENET most stable and reliable for coding. I keep getting "Connection error". I have verified my ethernet settings are correct and the device has self-assigned an ip address in 169.x.x.x range as always, vehicle in Diagnostic Mode.

Is your BETA Bimmercode still working with iX MGU21? My BimmerCode verison is: TestFlight 4.3 (13406) - 14.20.1
Yes, it works fine. Even with my old wireless UniCarScan adapter. Look at the screenshots I posted earlier.

By the way, 169.0.0.0 IP address range is given out by Windows when it can’t find an IP via DHCP. It’s a default IP address that goes nowhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:20 AM   #94
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

I just tried the vGate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter with the same results on all 3 vehicles
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:22 AM   #95
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just tried the vGate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter with the same results on all 3 vehicles
Not all adapters are supported. I was surprised that my old UniCarScan 2000 worked on the first try. Back in the early days of BimmerCode, it was one of the few adapters that worked with all of the app’s features. It was difficult to get, but clearly it was worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:23 AM   #96
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it works fine. Even with my old wireless UniCarScan adapter. Look at the screenshots I posted earlier.

By the way, 169.0.0.0 IP address range is given out by Windows when it can’t find an IP via DHCP. It’s a default IP address that goes nowhere.
Vehicle does not have a DHCP server, all Ethernet communications with BMWs rely on fallback addresses in 169.x.x.x range. This is how it has worked for coding forever since F01 7er. I added this detail to show that the communication between the Gateway ECU in the vehicle and iPad were working as intended.

For S&G what ISTEP version is your iX on? Mine is on the March 23 update, which of course takes MGU21 to SC 2.0.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:25 AM   #97
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

I'm going to try my macbook. I see that he added OS X compatibility for BimmerCode. See if I have any luck with a different OS.

I can connect to these vehicles with no issue with the latest versions of ISTA and ESYS utilizing the same Ethernet Cable and Ethernet to USB-C Adapter on my Windows dedicated BMW Coding PC BTW, so no issues with the hardware or process
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:28 AM   #98
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Vehicle does not have a DHCP server, all Ethernet communications with BMWs rely on fallback addresses in 169.x.x.x range. This is how it has worked for coding forever since F01 7er. I added this detail to show that the communication between the Gateway ECU in the vehicle and iPad were working as intended.

For S&G what ISTEP version is your iX on? Mine is on the March 23 update, which of course takes MGU21 to SC 2.0.
Yes, I know how it works. Windows always falls back to 169 when it can’t find an IP address via DHCP. That’s not coming from your vehicle. Not sure why you’re trying to even do this anyway as you already have Bimmer Utility which will let you control the same modules.

I am on 03/2023.65 - same as you.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:43 AM   #99
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Ok, so interestingly enough the macbook worked. One thing with my setup different to note is that TestFlight pushed BimmerCode version TestFlight 4.3 (13406) - 14.19.2, not TestFlight 4.3 (13406) - 14.20.1 that came down to my iPad. Oddly enough Test Flight and the BimmerCode BETA were downloaded to both devices for the first time today.

For the i7, the only ECU available was RAM. For the iX, the available ECUs were MGU21 & RAM. I was able to successfully use Expert mode and code all speedlocks off on my headunit as well as remove legal disclaimer messages. Atleast my wife doesn't have to deal with these nannies in her BMW any longer. I guess I still need to wait a bit for my i7
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2023, 11:26 AM   #100
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, so interestingly enough the macbook worked. One thing with my setup different to note is that TestFlight pushed BimmerCode version TestFlight 4.3 (13406) - 14.19.2, not TestFlight 4.3 (13406) - 14.20.1 that came down to my iPad. Oddly enough Test Flight and the BimmerCode BETA were downloaded to both devices for the first time today.

For the i7, the only ECU available was RAM. For the iX, the available ECUs were MGU21 & RAM. I was able to successfully use Expert mode and code all speedlocks off on my headunit as well as remove legal disclaimer messages. Atleast my wife doesn't have to deal with these nannies in her BMW any longer. I guess I still need to wait a bit for my i7
You can disable all of those things without even going into expert mode with BimmerCode.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 03:27 PM   #101
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:

Interesting. Are you in the USA?
      08-12-2023, 03:32 PM   #102
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
Interesting. Are you in the USA?
We both are. The TestFlight version (Apple’s beta program) of BimmerCode supports this vehicle. Scroll back if you want to see some of my screenshots from a few weeks ago. It’s functionally the same as what you can do with Bimmer Utility - so very limited on what you can change. Disclaimers and little stuff like that.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:12 PM   #103
ilya4min
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Triumph XC1200

Quote:
We both are. The TestFlight version (Apple’s beta program) of BimmerCode supports this vehicle. Scroll back if you want to see some of my screenshots from a few weeks ago. It’s functionally the same as what you can do with Bimmer Utility - so very limited on what you can change. Disclaimers and little stuff like that.
Would you recommend BimmerUtility or BimmerCode for iX solely? Is there hardware that works with both?

Disabling disclaimers would be pretty nice, so I'd like to get one of these system even if these are the only features that'll ever be available. But having something more powerful just in case there will be more capabilities in the future would be great.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:15 PM   #104
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya4min View Post
Would you recommend BimmerUtility or BimmerCode for iX solely? Is there hardware that works with both?

Disabling disclaimers would be pretty nice, so I'd like to get one of these system even if these are the only features that'll ever be available. But having something more powerful just in case there will be more capabilities in the future would be great.
One is $20 and the other one is $100. You’re rather limited on what you can do on these vehicles going back to the original post on this very thread. Bimmer utility is more powerful, but not on this vehicle. Not enough modules can be programmed with the new architecture.

Here is the list of things you can change on the head unit module with BimmerCode. You can go into expert mode to do more stuff, but there’s not enough modules available to program like with previous vehicles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ilya4min304.50
      08-14-2023, 05:12 PM   #105
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Not sure why you’re trying to even do this anyway as you already have Bimmer Utility which will let you control the same modules.
I can not get Bimmer Utility to communicate directly with my iX at all, and when I use ESYS with TokenMaster v5.x, there are no CAFD files available for the ISTEP that my vehicle is on, so I can no longer code my iX's MGU21 post 2023/03 software update.

Quote:
You can disable all of those things without even going into expert mode with BimmerCode.
Not sure what comes up for you, but I'm not referring to Video in Motion speedlocks, I'm talking about all HMI interface speedlocks. This clearly isn't available in "comfort mode" in Bimmercode for me. I manually changes 20+ lines of code to remove all speedlocks for all sorts of scenarios, mostly carplay functions (A4A) , etc.

I did remove Legal Disclaimers (yes this is a comfort option) via Expert mode, but i was right there and it made no sense to use both modes when i needed to make 20+ changes in expert mode anyway
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2023, 08:07 PM   #106
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not sure what comes up for you, but I'm not referring to Video in Motion speedlocks, I'm talking about all HMI interface speedlocks. This clearly isn't available in "comfort mode" in Bimmercode for me. I manually changes 20+ lines of code to remove all speedlocks for all sorts of scenarios, mostly carplay functions (A4A) , etc.

I did remove Legal Disclaimers (yes this is a comfort option) via Expert mode, but i was right there and it made no sense to use both modes when i needed to make 20+ changes in expert mode anyway
OK, now you have me curious what some of those things are. Would you mind elaborating on the speed locks? Not sure what you’re referring to. Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 10:30 PM   #107
hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
OK, now you have me curious what some of those things are. Would you mind elaborating on the speed locks? Not sure what you’re referring to. Thanks man!
These relate to features cutting out at certain speeds. EG, you won't be able to use the keyboard to enter destinations above a certain speed etc.
      08-16-2023, 07:36 AM   #108
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:

I’m on March update and can still use bimmer utility to code.

I find that I need to start bimmer utility first and have the internet connected. I’m assuming the app is authorising first before you can use it. If I connect to car and don’t do this step then bimmer utility doesn’t work.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 07:40 AM   #109
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
I’m on March update and can still use bimmer utility to code.

I find that I need to start bimmer utility first and have the internet connected. I’m assuming the app is authorising first before you can use it. If I connect to car and don’t do this step then bimmer utility doesn’t work.
But the only module you can really do anything with is the head unit due since it’s really the only module that stores is configuration files locally.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 07:52 PM   #110
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:

Items w/ Descriptions that begin with SL_ or end with _SL are usually speedlocks
Additionally some are written out SPEEDLOCK

For example

SL06_IBA_01 is a speedlock that controls a portion of the onboard user manual

HMI Lists are related to menus/options on the iDrive system

A4A Apps are related to CarPlay

I turn off everything that is enabled or tied to a speedlock condition of handbrake, etc to completely off or no speedlock condition so I'm not blocked from doing shit like entering a POI with Google Maps when in CarPlay, etc.

Everything is working great again without a lawyer telling me how to use the iDrive system in my iX

Don't ask me for all the individual items I changed, as I don't recall ... I literally just buzzed through all the lines with the above references, and made the changes indicated where BMW NA didn't have the nanny turned off by default for our market
Appreciate 1