Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

03-27-2024, 12:38 PM   #23
Simondhartha
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX M50

Hey Javapro. Not sure if we have already reached the bottom of this issue, but we are getting closer. The outer rim around the chassis is a foam tape. In the 1st pic its applied pretty symmetric and so the door panel construction probably touched all around the rim. In the 2nd pic you can see the tape is applied very unevenly and therefor also dented unevenly from the door panels. I assume, that by this the chassis can vibrate unevenly and makes the distortion.
With our solution now to get rid of the tape altogether I think we eliminated the physical contact of the chassis with the door panels. I thing that might be the preferable situation anyway. I am happy with it so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 01:04 PM   #24
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondhartha View Post
Hey Javapro. Not sure if we have already reached the bottom of this issue, but we are getting closer. The outer rim around the chassis is a foam tape. In the 1st pic its applied pretty symmetric and so the door panel construction probably touched all around the rim. In the 2nd pic you can see the tape is applied very unevenly and therefor also dented unevenly from the door panels. I assume, that by this the chassis can vibrate unevenly and makes the distortion.
With our solution now to get rid of the tape altogether I think we eliminated the physical contact of the chassis with the door panels. I thing that might be the preferable situation anyway. I am happy with it so far.
By “the outer rim around the chassis is a foam tape” you mean the foam around the speaker?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 01:34 PM   #25
Simondhartha
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX M50

yes
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 01:16 PM   #26
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Hi guys is there a tsb on this so the dealer knows the score ?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 04:49 AM   #27
abmwp
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX 40

that would be very helpful for everyone
Appreciate 0