BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

04-07-2024, 10:40 PM   #1
Ferraco
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 316, I8 I12

'14 I8 Bluetooth Error

Edited

Last edited by Ferraco; Yesterday at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 07:13 AM   #2
avdept
Rep
Drives: None

I'd read error codes first. Possibly you could try to reset it by disconnecting 12v battery and hi voltage battery(there's a plug next to 12v battery which needs to be ejected from connector - its green/red colored)

But generally speaking, if its not activating - that means head unit can't get communication to BT module, which can be a bunch of reasons for, but usually its easier to get newer head unit and reinstall it.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2024, 02:02 AM   #3
billy.gif
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferraco View Post
Hi esteemed I8 owners and BMW experts,
I have just taken over a very low miles I8 and can't seem to connect to my phone via Bluetooth.
I have documented the pairing process in the photos below with my software version.
I am unable to activate/turn on the Bluetooth on the Idrive, even after checking the checkbox, which subsequently tells me "activating Bluetooth", the Idrive pops back to the Bluetooth page and nothing happens.
The 30 second volume button reset doesn't reboot the system and I was hoping if anyone came across a similar problem could enlighten me and save me a visit from the dealership as they take way too long to work on cars over here.
What I can tell is that your "media version" is really old. Maybe this is the culprit? Has the car ever been thorougly "updated" at the dealership? What kind of symbol is your EV range symbol, the blue one right to the gas gauge?

Is it like:

(this is very old software)

Or:

(this is the up-to-date software)

I hope that the pictures work, I'm not native speaker.

IF you take her to the dealer, ask them to update every single "module" in the car, some of the dumbest service representatives only think that customer asking for update = Nav System.

And if you get this fixed, please report the solution here, thank you
Appreciate 0