Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

03-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #23
perezr10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sedan

I don't care what anyone says, the IX is REALLY growing on me.

And I hate EVs. I'm thinking maybe now that I just hate glitchy rattle-trap Teslas.
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1064.00
      03-05-2022, 02:18 PM   #24
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani59 View Post
Carwow tests electric vs petrol in this BMW test of the iX 50 vs the mighty X7 M50i.

I showed this to my wife since she is the buyer for our iX, expected in June. The thing is fast and like someone said, the writing is on the wall that EV performance will exceed ICE pretty soon. In the East Coast, at least, range anxiety is a non factor. We have a Tesla Model Y now, and while Tesla has a better charging network, I see other chargers all over the place. We have taken the Tesla on long trips to Nashville and Charleston, SC from DC and boy is the suspension hard! The iX ride quality and interior comfort should fix it.

The interior of the iX looks great to me.
Appreciate 2
LittleJoe1064.00
Paladin15556.00
      03-08-2022, 04:34 PM   #25
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
I was actually impressed with the X7 in the standing 1/4 mi race, I thought the iX was going to be much faster. In the 1 mi the iX electronic limiter prohibited a real run. Overall I'm impressed that the X7 held its own, however I can see the writing on the wall. Electric is our future whether we like it or not. The iX is clearly the faster car but I think the X7 did a respectable job attempting to keep pace.
i guess youre right if the future depends on drag races and not... you know, literally everything else when comparing the two.

E90 330i - E90 335i - E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 04:36 PM   #26
lonestar22
Ground Clearance?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I own an X7 50i and it's as fast as any car should ever need to be in the US. So the iX being faster means little to me. The problem is the amount of premium gasoline it takes to move the X7. Compared to an iX or any other EV, it's wasting fuel and polluting the air. When millions and millions of buyers eventually switched to an EV, there will be a measurable difference in pollution and oil companies will become dinosaurs (ironic). As the previous poster stated, "Electric is our future whether we like it or not." He's right!
this was relevant before current events. even Elon Musk admits that we need to produce more oil and gas to meet energy requirements. also you have to remember millions of buys that can afford a $50k car can switch to EVs and youll still have billions of drivers that cant afford it or dont have the proper infrastructure where they live to support and electric vehicle.

E90 330i - E90 335i - E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 08:59 PM   #27
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
I was actually impressed with the X7 in the standing 1/4 mi race, I thought the iX was going to be much faster. In the 1 mi the iX electronic limiter prohibited a real run. Overall I'm impressed that the X7 held its own, however I can see the writing on the wall. Electric is our future whether we like it or not. The iX is clearly the faster car but I think the X7 did a respectable job attempting to keep pace.
i guess youre right if the future depends on drag races and not... you know, literally everything else when comparing the two.
I don't disagree, but let's be honest with ourselves, the future is electric, whether we like it or not. The days of large SUV's with big V8's are numbered. Personally, I don't like the electrification of the auto industry, but it's inevitable that we are all going to be driving electric appliances in the future. Hopefully all the German engineers can preserve some auto enthusiast soul in these EV's, like Porsche did with the taycan.
Paladin15556.00