BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

11-08-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 458, BMW i8, Acura NSX

My i8 made a phone call

Yesterday I got a call from my dealer. Hi Mr xxxxx your 2016 BMW i8 called us and told us it needs it's break fluid changed, when would you like to bring it in for service. I was like oh, ok. Interestingly this is the second time my car made a mysterious phone call. A few months into ownership I was at a restaurant and my car was parked out front. I could see it and noticed a cop looking inside with his flashlight so I went outside to talk to him. He said the car called us. I was like, "huh, ok". Anyhow, I took some pics of him sitting in the drivers seat, he returned the favor with one of those friend of the police get out of a ticket card and that was that.

Also, my dealer asked what kind of loaner I want. I responded that my lease is up in September so if they want me to get something else expensive it would be in their best interest to loan me an M5 or 8 series for a few days. We'll see, I doubt they'll do it but if they do I'll let you all know.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:11 AM   #2
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Sta07 View Post
Yesterday I got a call from my dealer. Hi Mr xxxxx your 2016 BMW i8 called us and told us it needs it's break fluid changed, when would you like to bring it in for service. I was like oh, ok. Interestingly this is the second time my car made a mysterious phone call. A few months into ownership I was at a restaurant and my car was parked out front. I could see it and noticed a cop looking inside with his flashlight so I went outside to talk to him. He said the car called us. I was like, "huh, ok". Anyhow, I took some pics of him sitting in the drivers seat, he returned the favor with one of those friend of the police get out of a ticket card and that was that.

Also, my dealer asked what kind of loaner I want. I responded that my lease is up in September so if they want me to get something else expensive it would be in their best interest to loan me an M5 or 8 series for a few days. We'll see, I doubt they'll do it but if they do I'll let you all know.
can you ask your car if she wants to be "lease transferred" to me? she can call me to discuss details
I love the color btw!
Appreciate 2
Jo-Sta07474.00
Nachbar8023.00
      11-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuzila View Post
Quote:

can you ask your car if she wants to be "lease transferred" to me? she can call me to discuss details
I love the color btw!
What if she's a he? 😂
Appreciate 1
fbuzila367.00
      11-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #4
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachbar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuzila View Post
Quote:

I love the color btw!
What if she's a he?
hmm...I'm ok with "him" too
Appreciate 0