Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #155
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

So Redbull has gotten good at drag racing off the line.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #156
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
HAM ran over some carbon and its last lap!
Positive my friend .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      08-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #157
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
P1-HAM
P2-MAX
P3-BOT

The Merc was too fast for MAX..The gap with HAM was 23 + sec...
As you say my friend HAM 's car had priority over BOT as usual and some rethinking by their techs on tyre strat.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 09:49 AM   #158
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

I dont think there’s a single race that goes by where I don’t say how the fuck is Grosjean still in an F1 car.
Appreciate 2
      08-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #159
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Positive my friend .
I'll watch the race in the highlights and see how HAM pulled that one off.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 09:58 AM   #160
M5Rick
General
Rep

...and poor VET was mugged again but grabbed 7th.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 10:02 AM   #161
M5Rick
General
Rep

P2 P2 for MAX! Under the circumstances it was damn good!Honda needs a jet mode FAST my friend.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 10:10 AM   #162
M5Rick
General
Rep

Six points marques pour Seb,aucun point marque pour leCrash
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 10:15 AM   #163
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

I fell asleep. What I miss.
Bartledoo2690.00
minn1913970.00
      08-16-2020, 10:31 AM   #164
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Positive my friend .
Just discovered Max's PU was changed to a previously used PU with mgu-k and mgu-h and turbo after his race engine had an issue.That explains some way the gap with HAM taking in certain things..
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #165
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Six points marques pour Seb,aucun point marque pour leCrash
Driving and thinking about strategy. He might as well get out of the car and change the tires himself.
Max ahead of Bottas in that rocket is a magnificent result. Vettel in the tractor in 38 lap old softs ahead of Albon is also great.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #166
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

wow it was a rock solid race from Lewis and Merc's and Lewis was still going even if they told him it was the last lap..
well done to Lewis and Merc'.. posting so consistent laps adjusting the rhythm perfectly.. having meetings until late in the evening for tires worked nicely.. such a great team one of the best in history and so happy to witness these days!!
and Bottas should ve done the same thing like Lewis did and ask for mediums instead not softs sharply.. maybe because Lewis studied tires more this weekend donno but surely didnt help Bottas having softs in 2nd pitstop..

felt so angry to Red Bull for ruining Albon's race really!!
i know that they like to gamble which is nice but putting him on hard tires into traffic that early into the race was being toooooo optimistic.. poor guy could have a better race... and seems like Red Bulls expected tire advantage wasnt there or that advantage was eaten by Merc's hard work.. well done to Max and Albon.. i hope Albon can get a better race next time.. Max and his engineers talk was a like engineer was the bigger brother at some point.. pretty sincere talks they re having..

so unlucky for Leclerc having a problem in such a period of the race that they were playing with Norris so nicely.. they were having a great race and they re the future of F1.. they re great friends, they do respect each other and both very fast drivers.. it was so nice to watch them.. and great to see drivers can fire up on their own really.. before i hated that deprivation..
for Vettel, not trying to joke its nice that he didnt spin and put a better race this weekend.. but the radio calls were so messy that it started to sound like Ferrari - Vettel relationship is like a married couple hate each other but have to stay together in the same small house.. since covid is around interactions with other people is limited as well.. it sucks and i guess there is no way to rebuild it even for some time...

pretty nice race for Racing Points.. Perez's penalty was right i was watching Lewis' onboard at that time yeah he passed more than 3 posts but wasnt looking like he was blocking or at least not that much.. but rules are rules and fall behind Stroll..

McLarens were a bit lost in this race but watching Norris is always fun though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
I dont think there’s a single race that goes by where I don’t say how the fuck is Grosjean still in an F1 car.
+1..

edit:

Last edited by yco; 08-16-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58897.50
fanatic11018.50
      08-16-2020, 11:32 AM   #167
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
wow it was a rock solid race from Lewis and Merc's and Lewis was still going even if they told him it was the last lap..
well done to Lewis and Merc'.. posting so consistent laps adjusting the rhythm perfectly.. having meetings until late in the evening for tires worked nicely.. such a great team one of the best in history and so happy to witness these days!!
and Bottas should ve done the same thing like Lewis did and ask for mediums instead not softs sharply.. maybe because Lewis studied tires more this weekend donno but surely didnt help Bottas having softs in 2nd pitstop..

felt so angry to Red Bull for ruining Albon's race really!!
i know that they like to gamble which is nice but putting him on hard tires into traffic that early into the race was being toooooo optimistic.. poor guy could have a better race... and seems like Red Bulls expected tire advantage wasnt there or that advantage was eaten by Merc's hard work.. well done to Max and Albon.. i hope Albon can get a better race next time.. Max and his engineers talk was a like engineer was the bigger brother at some point.. pretty sincere talks they re having..

so unlucky for Leclerc having a problem in such a period of the race that they were playing with Norris so nicely.. they were having a great race and they re the future of F1.. they re great friends, they do respect each other and both very fast drivers.. it was so nice to watch them.. and great to see drivers can fire up on their own really.. before i hated that deprivation..
for Vettel, not trying to joke its nice that he didnt spin and put a better race this weekend.. but the radio calls were so messy that it started to sound like Ferrari - Vettel relationship is like a married couple hate each other but have to stay together in the same small house.. since covid is around interactions with other people is limited as well.. it sucks and i guess there is no way to rebuild it even for some time...

pretty nice race for Racing Points.. Perez's penalty was right i was watching Lewis' onboard at that time yeah he passed more than 3 posts but wasnt looking like he was blocking or at least not that much.. but rules are rules and fall behind Stroll..

McLarens were a bit lost in this race but watching Norris is always fun though..

+1..

edit:

Bruh... 37 laps on used softs? If it was HAM he'd be blasting Bono's ears off 😂
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 11:36 AM   #168
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Bruh... 37 laps on used softs? If it was HAM he'd be blasting Bono's ears off ��
Merc' guys wouldnt even try such a thing..
yeah they had a late call for telling this to Vettel.. i dont want to think Ferrari was sabotaging his race cause they need points badly.. probably it wasnt planned before the race.. it could ve planned properly but it paid off actually by doing 1 stop but maybe more points could have snapped of course..
      08-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #169
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Merc' guys wouldnt even try such a thing..
yeah they had a late call for telling this to Vettel.. i dont want to think Ferrari was sabotaging his race cause they need points badly.. probably it wasnt planned before the race.. it could ve planned properly but it paid off actually by doing 1 stop but maybe more points could have snapped of course..
It looks like it was planned because on the radio he said "we talked about this **** before".
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 11:44 AM   #170
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
It looks like it was planned because on the radio he said "we talked about this **** before".
i took like Vettel asked this like few laps earlier but it can be like that as well..

and anyone realized that after Leclerc was off Vettel was pushing more and better in the race?
      08-16-2020, 12:03 PM   #171
M5Rick
General
Rep

37laps on softs?? Looks like SF are economical with things prior to Seb's departure, funny they gave him a new tub then.

Last edited by M5Rick; 08-16-2020 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 12:18 PM   #172
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Ocon's crash was one of the weirdest accidents really..
and i guess new chassis is not working for Vettel as well there was a half second difference this time..

touching a kerb, getting over a kerb and hitting a kerb is all different things..
the kerb i told dont remember was in FP1 or 2 Vettel hit the curb and flew over.. he thought car d understeer but it didnt.. and its normal that Vettel attracts more than Albon etc.. he has 4 WDC even if the last one was 7 years ago..

edit: here it is..

''Ocon what were you doing''?
''Yaaaawn hmm what did you say''?
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2020, 12:29 PM   #173
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
In spite of the Merc dominance, really enjoying the season - and HAM is showing again that he is among, if not the GOAT.

It must be there’s not much else to watch....

Anyone have a Website for mini sector times for qualie?
Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
MKSixer34171.50
      08-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #174
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
and anyone realized that after Leclerc was off Vettel was pushing more and better in the race?
Yes. I've noticed Seb not appearing to push when he is way down from his teammate, many times.
      08-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #175
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
In spite of the Merc dominance, really enjoying the season - and HAM is showing again that he is among, if not the GOAT.

It must be there’s not much else to watch....

Anyone have a Website for mini sector times for qualie?
i started to think that since Lewis is pretty consistent almost all the time he makes things look easy.. when you compare him with Bottas in the very same car with great engineers he sometimes crushing him if not he is not in his day being better still.. otherwise Bottas could be a champ during this time.. 4th year now.. maybe Bottas is not the greatest driver but he became pretty good in recent 1-2 years at least still faster than most of the grid if he wont demoralize himself like few times he did in the past.. cause he had chances to be better than Lewis and it didnt work.. then he became a clear 2nd driver in the end each season..

for mini sector times, i guess F1 TV has the best mini sectors information i dont know any site has much details like that..
      08-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #176
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
i took like Vettel asked this like few laps earlier but it can be like that as well..

I can't find it but what I understood is that it's something they talked about pre-race.
Anyway, this radio exchange shows more than before the lack of trust and how the team abandoned him.
https://youtu.be/dOQrM5qHfrY

Here's a transcript of him telling his strategists how to do their jobs.
Attached Images

Last edited by msk340i; 08-16-2020 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 1