BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #1
wiliulfo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

Online Trading Academy?

I would like to get into day trading to possibly supplement to my income. That said, I've been to several presentations with the Online Trading Academy. They seem to have a good system for trading and training, but I was curious if anyone on this forum has had any experience with them or a similar program?

Im a complete noob when it comes to the stock market, but I'm also not convinced that their $25k program is worth it.

Id love to hear your thoughts!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Most trading academies are only interested in selling their "magic formula" and not on how profitable you will be.
I highly doubt their 25K programs is worth it.

You will come out of the programs drawing all kinds of trend lines, highlighting support and resistance levels, looking at Fibos, plotting pivot points and being able to identify chart patterns. Not worth 25K at all
Spend to time on YouTube to get exposed to it all and make up your mind based on a system which you will develop, back test and calibrate.
Every possible trader out there obsesses over trade entry signals, they often don't have a trade exit strategy, nor the money/risk management skills necessary to be and remain profitable.

The best advice I can give you ( yes I am a profitable trader),
-Understand & Master risk/money management
-Put together a system which gets you in most trends/trades
-Have an exit strategy

Believe it or not.. if you money/risk management skills are top notch you can flip a coin on trade entry and be profitable, just manage your losses, your wins and learn how to improve it all. Don't obsess too much about nailing the perfect trade entry, that is up to timing and luck... exiting the trade is where all the money is made/lost.
      01-28-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

I too am a novice at trading and would like to learn how to better analyze company data, read charts etc so that i can make my own 'informed' trading decisions - not for day trading however...and therefore have been curious about Online Trading Academy as well...but had no idea about what they charge! I was thinking of going to one of their free sessions but maybe not now!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

What is the difference between trading and day trading? I've heard that most day traders usually end up going broke.
Appreciate 0